One year on mfp...287lbs towards a new me

Options

Replies

• jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful story, so heartfelt and appreciative! Aww, man, you're the best. This IS a great site and we're all so glad to be here with ya! Big CONGRATS and a million Wooo Hooos! :wink:
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job...we could all learn alot from you...
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Great Job. I love mfp also. I have lost 23lbs in 55 days. I always ate healthy but my portions were too large,
    This site has been a god send. Keep up the good work.
  • mimi1153
    mimi1153 Posts: 3
    Options
    One word..............AWESOME!!!!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Whooo awesome!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    You lost 80 lbs in one month?! That's incredible!! Usually, when I say "I'm impressed," I'm being sarcastic, but damn, I really am impressed! Good job!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    DAYUM!!!
    + of course AWESOME!!!
  • damcool
    damcool Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just Wow!! You are simply amazing! I'm so glad that you are encouraged by others and are also encouraging to others. Wonderful job!
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Such a beautiful thing.. congratulations
  • Jentheoriginal
    Jentheoriginal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What you have done is nothing short of SPECTACULAR! Awesome job and keep using that momentum towards your goal! You'll get there! :)
  • momof3boys090808
    momof3boys090808 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it but my one year here has now come & gone as of March 25th. I started using this site to track food & exercise, but soon realized the real asset to me was the great people on this site. It is the friends that I've made on here that has kept me logging in day after day. I can't let you know enough how much I appreciate each & every one of you. I hope that I've been able to give half the encouragement & support that I've been shown.

Here's just a little background on me. When I started this journey, I weighed 665lbs:sad: :blushing: It was all I could do just to walk from my car to the house or my desk at work. In short, life was miserable. My ahh haa moment came at & leading up to my brother's wedding. I was mortified that I was unable to get a tuxedo to wear even at big & tall stores. My brother also had to choose a co-best man because my knees hurt so bad that I was unable to stand long enough to be beside him at the ceremony. This hurts typing this even now because he & I are very close. I put on my best brave face because I didn't want anyone to see how crushed I was that day, but I made my mind up that I was going to gain control of the train wreck of my life or die trying. I started seeing a nutrionist & walking every day as much as I could. I found this site & that was A LIFE CHANGING MOMENT IN ITSELF! My friends on here have been very supportive. I have several(I won't call out by name) that I text & talk to on a near daily basis. Now through hard work & dedication, I've lost 287lbs & gained the confidence to know there is nothing in this life that I can't accomplish if I put my mind to it. My journey is far from done, but I now look ahead fully know that I CAN DO THIS!!!

Below is a few pictures I included. I apologize ahead of time as I had trouble resizing them without blurs. They are small but you can check them out:

weightlosspictures4.jpg

This was me singing at my brothers wedding(665lb me)

weightlosspictures6.jpg

One month in...about 80lbs lost

weightlosspictures.jpg

weightlosspictures3.jpg

These are one my one year MFP anniversary

I love this site & everyone on it. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome journey to date with me:drinker:

AMMMMMAZING! You should be SO proud, that's true dedication and life changing. Keep up the great work. Your looming great :):):)
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    I'm so happy for you and also extremely proud of you for taking your life back! What an inspiration you are!
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow that is wonderful they way you have taken control and the change you have made in yourself and for yourself. Keep up the excellent work you are an inspiration to us all. God Bless
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Your story is awesome! The fact that you have lost that much weight in one year is amazing! At 664 lbs it must have been hard to work out and you DID it! You have improved your health so dramatically!!! This site is amazing and has changed my life as well. Congratulations for all of your hard work. You have proven anyone can do this!
  • fatface76
    Options
    That's so amazing. I think you should be more than proud of yourself. You are an inspiration and that is a tremendous accomplishment!
  • Sasseh42
    Sasseh42 Posts: 16
    Options
    So amazing!! Thanks for sharing your story
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very well done!
  • teesams21
    teesams21 Posts: 20
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW...you are an inspiration indeed!! It just goes to show that it can be done with discipline & determintation. Thank you for sharing your story. Kudos to you and your success!
  • lexytay
    lexytay Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!! You should be incredibly proud :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!