WOW you have came so far! Way to go! :)
  • Jbadiam
    Jbadiam Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great job !! Keep pushing !
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it but my one year here has now come & gone as of March 25th. I started using this site to track food & exercise, but soon realized the real asset to me was the great people on this site. It is the friends that I've made on here that has kept me logging in day after day. I can't let you know enough how much I appreciate each & every one of you. I hope that I've been able to give half the encouragement & support that I've been shown.

Here's just a little background on me. When I started this journey, I weighed 665lbs:sad: :blushing: It was all I could do just to walk from my car to the house or my desk at work. In short, life was miserable. My ahh haa moment came at & leading up to my brother's wedding. I was mortified that I was unable to get a tuxedo to wear even at big & tall stores. My brother also had to choose a co-best man because my knees hurt so bad that I was unable to stand long enough to be beside him at the ceremony. This hurts typing this even now because he & I are very close. I put on my best brave face because I didn't want anyone to see how crushed I was that day, but I made my mind up that I was going to gain control of the train wreck of my life or die trying. I started seeing a nutrionist & walking every day as much as I could. I found this site & that was A LIFE CHANGING MOMENT IN ITSELF! My friends on here have been very supportive. I have several(I won't call out by name) that I text & talk to on a near daily basis. Now through hard work & dedication, I've lost 287lbs & gained the confidence to know there is nothing in this life that I can't accomplish if I put my mind to it. My journey is far from done, but I now look ahead fully know that I CAN DO THIS!!!

Below is a few pictures I included. I apologize ahead of time as I had trouble resizing them without blurs. They are small but you can check them out:

weightlosspictures4.jpg

This was me singing at my brothers wedding(665lb me)

weightlosspictures6.jpg

One month in...about 80lbs lost

weightlosspictures.jpg

weightlosspictures3.jpg

These are one my one year MFP anniversary

I love this site & everyone on it. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome journey to date with me:drinker:

Wow! So Inspiring. I also completed my one-year on MFP on 26 March, but I have not had near the success that you have. I lost 46 pounds in one year, and then reset my counter back to zero to have a fresh start for the new year. I wish you much continued success and Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • larson1197
    larson1197 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! You look terrific and are very inspirational to others.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    OMG Gary you look amazing!!!
  • jem33199
    jem33199 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine how proud your brother must be of you! :happy:

You are an inspiration. I appreciate you sharing from the heart. Taking care of ourselves impacts so many others in our lives.

I wish you many, many more years of awesome health!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    You are extraordinary! You are fantastic! You are inspiring! You are fantastic! You are perservering!
  • moonmeme
    moonmeme Posts: 26
    Options
    woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
    keep it up
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am so lost for words. What you have achieved so far is more than most us can ever dream of getting to, and still you continue.

I am hoping a lot of my friends on my feed see I have replied to this thread and come and have a look themselves.

Inspirational just does not touch what you are!!
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You are a great inspiration Gary, thank you very much and well done :happy:
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Amazing! Incredible!!
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing! What an achievement.... CELEBRATE IT!!! x
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    That is amazing! You look great!!! Good for you and all of your hard work!!!!!
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you and your hard work. What an accomplishment! You are making such great changes in your life, and I'm sure the people in your life who love you most are grateful that you'll be around for many, many more years as a result. Good for you! :)
  • rasavilasini
    rasavilasini Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing your story!!! you are amazing! and truly an inspiration!! keep up the good work!
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    That's exactly how I feel about this place too - I love MFP and all it has done for me! We are so lucky to be here!

Congratulations on all your hard work and success. It's a hard journey, but one that is worth every last minute.
  • MaudeBeige
    MaudeBeige Posts: 282
    Options
    I want to hear you sing! :happy:
  • Jswift1989
    Options
    What a AWESOME story! I have just started MFP and hope I can lose what I need to lose. Reading your story is very inspiring. Congrats, you have done GREAT! Keep it up!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You are incredible. Seriously. Not many people would fight as hard for their life as you have done for yours, both literally and figuratively speaking. Most people would've just given up at 665 lbs. You are proof that no matter what your situation in life, you can be healthy and live your best life.

Congratulations on your incredible progress. I can't wait to see you at your goal weight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!