WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2012

Options

Replies

• jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Check this out....face yoga! Whaddya think? I tried it and I think I like it. Looks pretty funny, though. :bigsmile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WOI1Ce5L4A

Oh, Nancy, I did well this weekend. 3 small glasses of cabernet on Friday night, and 2 pints of Super Dog ale (over a 4 hr span of time) last night while playing cards with friends. I knew I was going to drink beer yesterday so I ate fairly light meals in preparation. That seemed to work, the scale was down a little this morning. I'll go light this evening if I do decide to have a bit of vino. Not sure I'm ready to face having withdrawls yet :laugh: You did great, congrats! You mentioned cognac, though.......hmmm, I might like to have some of that once in awhile. :flowerforyou:

Good day, gosh it's STILL raining here. :noway:

jb
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Happy APRIL, Dear Ladies:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Arrived home after mid-night last night after non-eventful flights. Great to spend one leg of the flight with DIL and grand girls. I miss them already, but am happy to be home. Woke up to SUNSHINE and bright GREEN everywhere:love: It is high SPRING time here...I even cut fresh asparagus in my garden to eat tonight!

NSV today: Pulled out a pair of pants this morning that I purchased last year new and were always a bit tight to wear comfortably. Guess what??? THEY FIT very well now! Even though I am only down half a pound over the last 2 months, the exercise of skiing almost everyday and my DVD exercises have helped where my pants needed it most (MY REAR END). :love: Feels good!

New Ladies: We welcome you and look forward to getting to know you! Come back often!

KC: Good for you for Cooper River Run! My sister has done that run and it's not easy. I am surprized to hear it wasn't well organized though as I know lots of folks who do that every year. Too bad.

Joyce: Love your goal of "No April Fools" !!! :laugh:

AuntieBK: You've been doing great...Keep it going, girl:flowerforyou: You are great to respond to so many folks today!

JaneMartin: Hope your PT gets easier and helps you a lot!

jb: 4 pounds in March is AWESOME!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Good going!

Robin: Sending good wishes your way for the new position! Keep us posted!

My Goals: Walk and/or run each day 45 minutes-1 hour minimum
    Free weights: 2x week minimum
    Yoga: 2x week
    REAL food
    Move that scale down

Have a great, healthy month EVERYONE:flowerforyou: Kackie
  • workmum39
    workmum39 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to starting the month off right with my Easter Break just 3 days away. Neighborhood pool opened today and although water temp. was COLD I got a good workout in. Happy April!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Happy April. we only had one official day of sunshine in the month of March and historically April isn't much better. I could sure use some sun.

Robin, Bodi boy and the Ritter bit.

You must be in WA too, and to think they tried to fool us with a little sun this morning--raining now. :cry:
  • JersryGirl31
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm happy to say I lost 5 lb in March and increased my exercise.
    My goals for April are: Up cardio 5 hr per week.
    Start strength training 3 X per week
    Eat healthy
    I start yoga classes on Wednesday and Country line dancing a week from Friday.
    That should encourage me to stay on track.

Let's all have a great month. I want to see a difference between my before and after pics.
  • megathome111
    megathome111 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Whewwww...VERY Challenging weekend with Italian Restaurant Friday night, and brunch for daughter's birthday today. Even being careful today, I still am fuller than I have been since the first of the year. I have the WW "Magic Logging Book" this week...so I am hoping it is really magical and will help me stay on track. I am still within my points for the week...so tomorrow I just brush myself off and get back on the band wagon. The exercise bonus calories help tremendously (although I may need to get back on today for another 30 minutes!)

Goals for April.

Lose 5 pounds
    Walk 6 days/week for minimum 45 minutes/day
    Start a secondary form of exercise.
    Fit comfortably into the next size lower pants. (They are fitting...it is the comfortable part that still needs work).

Have a great week all.

MEG
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I'll be back.
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am a brand new poster...I have done aw for 13 mo but have stalled so am hoping looking at things differently will help me continue to lose goals for April: walk at lunchtime 3x per week, kettleworx 2x per week and keepmixing up my cardiograph 2 or 3 times a week. Thank you ladies for this thread...love the support you give to each other. Jen
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Check this out....face yoga! Whaddya think? I tried it and I think I like it. Looks pretty funny, though. :bigsmile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WOI1Ce5L4A

I looked at it too... Do you really think it works... my face hurt afterwards! LOL!!
  • dlpappas
    dlpappas Posts: 14
    Options
    Happy April, everyone!

Goals for April:
    * Find SWSY! I just have to read it after everything all of you have said about it.
    * Cardio - at least 2 miles at least 5 days a week at a fast pace
    * add strength training 2 days a week
    * stretching 2 days a week
    * Finally get to 8 glasses of water a day
    * Cut down on the amount of protein (used to do So. Beach and had good results but it all came back as soon as I got off of it. The high protein habit stayed though :( )
    * Be down at least 5 lbs by the end of the month

Welcome to all of the new people - you're gonna love this group of wonderful ladies!

Have a great month and good luck on everyone's goals!

Diane
  • Gill_L
    Gill_L Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm fairly new here started last month as so far so good :) Would love to be part of this April challenge.

My goals are

1. Drink more water
    2. Start doing some strength exercises
    3. Up my Wii exercise from 30 mins to an hour
    4. Try and lose another 7lb to make that stone

Good luck to everyone with your April goals :)
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    Happy April!! Thank you Barbie:

1. Move more - 30 minutes a day or more.
    2. Do strength training 3 days a week.
    3. Team complex carbs with protein and healthy fat at every meal.
    4. Look for non-scale victories.

At the beach with my crew!! Love a new month. :flowerforyou:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Like Susan, I am back again after falling off the wagon... oh wait, that's the lushy thread. :bigsmile:

Seriously, I got side tracked with our anniversary in October, then Thanksgiving then Christmas and then it was just too much to be bothered with but now I am back. Joined two challenges starting today April 1 so I am committed to helping my team. (and me)

Goals for April:
    Track food everyday
    Follow challenge schedule and do extra miles on bonus point days
    Plan dinner menus!! this is my biggest weakness

Question to you all, I read over in another thread for those of us over a certain age that tracking sugar is very important at our age. Since there are only 5 nutrients to track on MFP I am at a bit of a loss what to delete. Currently I have Carbs, Protein, Fat,
    Fiber and Sodium. DH thinks I could drop Fiber but when doing low carb you can deduct the fiber from the carbs for net carbs. What do you all track? I'm not really doing low carb at the moment and am wondering if tracking sugar or fiber would be better?
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hello, Kathy here.
    My goals for April
    Drink more water!!!!!!!! I really don't like water. Have to add a little flavoring.
    Get to my goal weight. I have 5 pounds to go. I started at 212 and i am now down to around 150.
    Walk more now that the weather is nice. I just moved and found a walking trail near my house.
    Do some strength training. Got some flab going on.
    Start living for ME now! Going through a divorce. Very emotional.
    Find something good in each and every day!
  • gennyturner
    gennyturner Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Would love to be part of this over 50 group. My April goals are to loose another 5 pounds and increase weights and upper arm and body strength. Plan to celebrate my birthday with a piece of family birthday cake. I've lost 45 # in the past year and my family is so proud of me. :smile:
    Hope to keep it up. I love MFP and hope I get some responses and new contacts.
    Happy April
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I qualify!

April -- training for a mini-triathlon.
    Swimming 1x/week
    Jogging 2x/week
    Biking 2x/week
    2 or 3 of them together on Sunday mornings with my buddy next door.

Plus weight lifting 2x/ week.
    And I won't forget the dog!

Lose weight, just 1 lb, as usual. It was really hard to get my pound last month, but on the last day... I ate very low carb, had two low-key exercise sessions, drank lots, low salt, and I *made it*!!!

I'm also going to check out P90X. No commitments, just do 1 or 2 of them per week. Maybe during weekday mornings, the days I get up too late for the fitness club. That'll learn me.
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Wowsers! April is one day old and there are already three pages of posts here. :-)

I think I did fairly well in March. I don't remember the exact targets I set, but I did a lot more variety of exercise sessions every day, and I lost another pound. My new crusade is to get off my buttocks. I'm experimenting with using a standing desk for portions of my workday, and my new, cheap, manual treadmill will arrival and need to be assembled this week. Once I get the hang of it, I plan to try the treadmill desk concept.

My daughter and 3 year old granddaughter visited today. My granddaughter helped me wash and brush the poodles, and we spent the afternoon baking cookies and lemon poppyseed cupcakes, and I didn't eat even one. Spent the day on my feet, which is where I wanted to be.

In mid-April I will be going to my 45th college reunion. Wish I wasn't 20 pounds heavier than I was in 1967, but it could have been worse had I not lost 30 pounds in the last year.

Let's all keep on truckin' toward being fit, girlfriends!

Judy in Tiburon, CA
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Question to you all, I read over in another thread for those of us over a certain age that tracking sugar is very important at our age. Since there are only 5 nutrients to track on MFP I am at a bit of a loss what to delete. Currently I have Carbs, Protein, Fat,
    Fiber and Sodium. DH thinks I could drop Fiber but when doing low carb you can deduct the fiber from the carbs for net carbs. What do you all track? I'm not really doing low carb at the moment and am wondering if tracking sugar or fiber would be better?
    I track sugar and not sodium, but you can always view all of them by clicking at the bottom of your diary to "view full report".
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: March was a good month for me…….I walked 17,000 steps or more every day, did my weight training three days a week, walked the dogs for over an hour every morning (except when we were out of town without them), and finished the 100 squats a day for 100 days challenge. The goal I didn’t accomplish was yoga…..I probably did that four times in the entire month.

:flowerforyou: I am keeping the same goals for April except that I’m abandoning squats in favor of lunges.

:flowerforyou: I don’t hold a full time job so I have more time for exercise than those of you who have jobs to go to every day.

:bigsmile: I am reading all of your goals with great interest looking for some new ideas for May.

:bigsmile: Welcome to all of you who are new to this thread. I hope you will show up regularly and become part of the family.

:flowerforyou: Barbara, I do most of my reading in the bathroom or in bed at night.

:flowerforyou: Robin, I’m thinking good thoughts about your potential new job.

:flowerforyou: Patricia, you are absolutely right starting with a 10 minute walk….the longest journey starts with a single step…..I can remember telling a friend that I would walk on my treadmill for 5 minutes…..and that lead to longer walks…..I don’t compete with anyone except myself.

:flowerforyou: Mcdebbie, at the bottom of your food tracker, there’s a box that says “view full report”. If you click on it you can see the sugar along with the other nutrients you track…..it won’t take long to get in the habit of doing that……be aware that it tracks all sugar whether it’s from fruit or candy bars and not all sugar is created equal.

:flowerforyou: This is my rest day after a vigorous weight training day yesterday……it is a huge challenge to me to not be active. I still have to walk the dogs and they took me over 20,000 steps today. I did lunges while walking the dogs one at a time first thing this morning. The rest of the day I did some laundry and housework and tried to sit still and watch the figure skating I recorded on the DVR.

:heart: :heart: :blushing: :blushing: Hugs to all of you my wonderful, inspiring friends.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington state where it has been alternating rainy and sunny all day.
    My life today is so great today it should have background music (maybe the Clint Black song “Spend my time”
    “I’m gonna spend my time like it’s going out of style….”)

April goals:
    *walk the dogs for an hour or more every morning
    * Yoga three days a week
    *100 lunges a day
    *strength training three days a week

[img][/img]194904olsgis3xqe.gif
    "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."

*17,000 steps a day
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello Barbie,

My goals for this month is to do better than I did last month on my Curves meal plan. I definitely need to drink more water and stop eating out so much.

I am happy to be part of this thread. I want to let everyone on here know that they can feel free to check out my profile and add me if you would like.

Hugs to all
    Bev