Tried to eat more it does not work

Options

Replies

• tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I agree with you!!! I was told the same thing because I range anywhere from 1000-1200 a day and I am losing about 1-2 pounds a week. When I eat more I don't do so well. Everyone is different and I'm not going to force myself to eat just to get over 1200 calories. That's crazy to me. Your body has a way of telling you to eat hungry so if your not feeling it don't do it.

Thanks for that at least someone understands.
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If your body gets used to eating so little, what do u think will happen when you start eating normal again? Not going to be able to maintain just gain! good luck on your journey and hopefully you can become a healthier you!

I was eating only around 500 calories before so l am eating lots more and my body is happy now with this amount everyday.

I tried to eat more and l just would be sick in the tummy with pain as l was putting to much food in my body. I will not be doing that any more.

ultimately this is YOUR goal and YOUR challenge and YOUR life, you definitely need to do what you think is best for YOU. A 2000 calorie diet is what the average person should consume, that is what all nutrition labels are based on, sometimes that is not even enough.
    Before you blow everyone off I would consult a physician to ensure you are doing what’s right and healthy for your plan and diet. No use in losing all that weight just to get sick.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I've just checked your diary - I'm not sure why you think you are eating more.

Some days you aren't even netting 500 calories.

Go to reports, nutrition, net calories - it's the net calories that should be over 1200, you are way under.

^^THIS.

Yea, you're losing now, but guess what? You're most likely losing muscle mass. And I don't know about you but I would like to keep my muscle and lose my fat. You should be NETTING 1200 calories a day (OR MORE). It will take more than 3 weeks to repair your metabolism, and from what I've read, you were most likely not eating enough when you upped your calories. I eat well over 1600 calories a day, somedays I even eat over 2000 and I lose a pound a week. My work outs aren't crazy either, never more than an hour a day. I'm fairly small too, 135 pounds. It can be done.

This, I get frustrated too when it takes forever to see the scale move, but in the long run, eating the required calories my body needs while losing slowly also will help my skin tighten as I lose. I want a nice firm look when I'm done so I look as good as I can in a bathing suit, not just looking good when my clothes are on.
  • davepat46
    davepat46 Posts: 14
    Options
    Don`t know if this will help but i was doing well then weight seemed to slow down even with exercise,i had to stop running recently and not able to do so for over a month,i have eaten to just under my calorie limit and found without exercise i am lost weight gradually and felt better for it.my experience is that you need calorie plus days to keep body digesting correctly. your doing well so dont give up.
    Dave:glasses:
  • tania2287
    Options
    If your body gets used to eating so little, what do u think will happen when you start eating normal again? Not going to be able to maintain just gain! good luck on your journey and hopefully you can become a healthier you!

I was eating only around 500 calories before so l am eating lots more and my body is happy now with this amount everyday.

I tried to eat more and l just would be sick in the tummy with pain as l was putting to much food in my body. I will not be doing that any more.

ultimately this is YOUR goal and YOUR challenge and YOUR life, you definitely need to do what you think is best for YOU. A 2000 calorie diet is what the average person should consume, that is what all nutrition labels are based on, sometimes that is not even enough.
    Before you blow everyone off I would consult a physician to ensure you are doing what’s right and healthy for your plan and diet. No use in losing all that weight just to get sick.

Thanks l have seen my local physician and he agrees that l am to be on 1200 calories a day and workout at least for 1 hour a day but l do workout more because of my busy life.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

Go to reports, nutrition, net calories - it's the net calories that should be over 1200, you are way under.

This^^ . You're eating too little so your body may be storing fat.
  • jplucheck
    Options
    I personally have not lost a single pound in over a month, not worried though because the inches are shedding away. I am fine with remaining a solid 150lbs as long as I can still wear my size 4!
  • tania2287
    Options

I am not storing fat l have loss the fat, I have not loss skin at all and very tone and have muscle.
  • jplucheck
    Options

Thanks l have seen my local physician and he agrees that l am to be on 1200 calories a day and workout at least for 1 hour a day but l do workout more because of my busy life.

As long as your phyisican says you are healthy and doing the right thing for then don't worry what others say. Take care of you!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options

I am not storing fat l have loss the fat, I have not loss skin at all and very tone and have muscle.

You said you haven't lost weight in 3 weeks? This could be due to your body storing fat.
  • tania2287
    Options
    Don`t know if this will help but i was doing well then weight seemed to slow down even with exercise,i had to stop running recently and not able to do so for over a month,i have eaten to just under my calorie limit and found without exercise i am lost weight gradually and felt better for it.my experience is that you need calorie plus days to keep body digesting correctly. your doing well so dont give up.
    Dave:glasses:

Thanks Dave, l cannot stop exercising as l am very tone now and happy with the muscle l have got through exercising..I am now in a size 12 jeans and l have not been in a size 12 for over 6 years.

So yes l will keep going the way l do now how with my eating..
  • tania2287
    Options

You said you haven't lost weight in 3 weeks? This could be due to your body storing fat.

maybe l have put on muscle?
  • clairerose11
    clairerose11 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You seem to eat the same foods all the time... how come?!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options

If that's the case then I wouldn't worry about the scale at all.
  • tania2287
    Options

Because l love that food.

I do a stir fry every night..

But l am not able to eat really protein so that is why l eat eggs and bacon. As l don't eat red meat. The only red meat is bacon nothing else. I love chicken so have chicken stir fry every night.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

Unless you are lifting heavy and getting the proper amount of protein, I doubt you are gaining that much muscle. It takes people YEARS to bulk up and build muscle mass. It doesn't happen as easily as everyone thinks.
  • tania2287
    Options

If that's the case then I wouldn't worry about the scale at all.

You are right, thanks for that :)
  • jplucheck
    Options

Because l love that food.

I do a stir fry every night..

But l am not able to eat really protein so that is why l eat eggs and bacon. As l don't eat red meat. The only red meat is bacon nothing else. I love chicken so have chicken stir fry every night.

So many other types of protein besides red meat - pork - turkey - fish (I rarely eat red meat as well, but get bored just chicken)
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

there is zero chance you are adding body mass "putting on muscle" with a deficit at all, much less one as large as yours.

putting muscle requires excess calories, losing fat requires a deficit, can't have both at the same time
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options

My doctor told me the same thing, I chose not to listen to her and ate about 1700 cals a day, I lost a lot of weight doing this. What made me mad is that after losing all this weight she would still tell me to eat 1200 calories :mad: