I don't have a single tattoo

Options

Replies

• Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I dont have any tat's either but really want to get a shark tat similar to the one in the pic. on my side or mid section.
    But I have seen so many bad tats on people that I'm scared that It will turn out looking stupid so I keep putting it off. Maybe I'll just work out harder and add some new lines.
    aaayc.png
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I dont have any tat's either but really want to get a shark tat similar to the one in the pic. on my side or mid section.
    But I have seen so many bad tats on people that I'm scared that It will turn out looking stupid so I keep putting it off. Maybe I'll just work out harder and add some new lines.
    aaayc.png

mmmm sounds good to me
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    Just remember that you will 60, 70 and 80 years old someday and your skin won't be what it is now. Also remember how it might impact career choices in the future. Just two little things to consider.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I'm not afraid of the pain. .just worry whatever I pick would be silly in a year. . I once saw a guy with the "Cinderella" band emblem on his shoulder. . kind of felt sorry for him . .

Hahahaaaaaa!!!!! Did he have a mullet too???

I have several, none of which I regret. One is a tribute to my family ~ A giant weeping willow (symbolic of father) and three birds on it (mom, brother and me). My father and brother are no longer living. It meant a lot to me when I got it. Still does.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I've seriously considered a dragon bracelet type tattoo, but I can'r decide whether it should be monochrome or green and gold. Anyone having an opinion is welcome to chime in.
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Stay tat free!!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Do you want a tat?
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'd say, don't do anything. Tattoos are very "in" right now, but will they be in 10 years? I guess I just don't understand the draw.
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    Get something that is going to be timeless. I think tats are kinda hot. When I say kinda, I mean they are super, amazing, giant turn ons! I think maybe a band around the bicep or something super sexy on your back....but I like the arm band idea the best!!!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    What should I do?

Real men brand themselves like cattle. No cover up there so make sure you really like it!
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have 8 tattoo! Two of them are cover ups! Make sure you get something you can live with the rest of your life and never get tattooed when your drunk on spring break! Yes, I did that!!! Did I mention I have two cover ups!
  • TashaKittie
    TashaKittie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I never understood the desire for tattoos. I would look at some people and see this very permanent thing on their body that will fade and distort with age and some of them are incredibly silly, but to them they may not be, I guess. I have always thought that if I EVER put any tattoo on my body I had better make darn sure that it was something that I was going to want on my body for the rest of my life. Then I had my first child. I have her name. I will always want that on my body. She will always be my daughter.
    It is the only tattoo I have. I am unsure why I haven't went to get my other two babies names yet. Eventually I will.

If you do decide that you want a tattoo then I hope that you are doing it because you WANT to do it and not just because of others. And think long and hard and make sure that it is still something that you will be proud to have on your body when your grandchildren (if you have kids and they have kids) ask you about it!

Hope you make the right decision for YOU. :smile:
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I never considered getting a tattoo, so I will stay tattoo free.

I just love the people who get tats of their significant other(s), only to have broken up. OOOPS! Now what? Cracks me up that people still do that. :laugh:
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Get something that is going to be timeless. I think tats are kinda hot. When I say kinda, I mean they are super, amazing, giant turn ons! I think maybe a band around the bicep or something super sexy on your back....but I like the arm band idea the best!!!
    I've got a back tat.

It's a bulls-eye right between my shoulder blades so my boyfriend knows where to put the ashtray when we watch W.W.E.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    How insane is this? I have one. It's lovely, but I wish I could get it lazered off...and then get something completely different somewhere else!

Try getting a temporary tattoo and see how it makes you feel. :)
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options
    I have 7 tattoos. Each of which have a meaning to me. Only two are visible and that's only if I wear short sleeves. One on my left forearm is a purple heart (the military medal) for my grandpa, with his dates and on my right forearm is a pink ribbon for my mother in law that passed last year. I have a best friend that is COVERED in litterally very random tattoos. Love her, but not so much the ink. I think things can be done in moderation if you take the time to think through each one individually. I would love to get a sleeve incorporated on my left arm, but that will probably never happen. I do love my short sleeves and I figure thats a litte over kill in the accountant world.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Mine can only be seen when I'm wearing a bikini. I think that's a good place to start with tattoos. Than from there you can decide how far you want to go. I NEVER have regretted my tattoo because of how much meaning is behind it.

As for the people scared that the artist will make it look crappy. They draw you a "fake" tattoo first and put it on your body so they have a guide. Have the artist redraw it if it isn't right and if they can't get it right go somewhere else. You have every right to be picky since it will be on your body the rest of your life.

Go for it if it's what you want =]
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Keep it that way. There aren't many left with that kind of class.

Wait, so my mom, who just got a tattoo in honor of her best friend surviving a second brain aneurysm doesn't have class? Or that I don't have class for getting tat for the son I lost?

Maybe you should consider that some (many? most?) of us get tats for very good reasons before making such remarks.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Me too and it's long past time we do something about that.

^^^ agree...but i'm a wimp when it comes to pain... :sad:
    I seriously LOVE needles. Like, loooooooove them. The slight burn, the scrape, it's awesome.

I also like shots and giving blood, though, so take that for what it's worth. I'm strange.

Kinky... :wink:
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Be different by not having one! Unless you want one...then get one. ;)