Cheeseburger Tuesday

Options

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I already have 'Chocolate Pastry Thursday'. :-) Now I might have to add Cheeseburger Tuesday.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    somebody has cheeseburger hate? that's a new one...lol...

I only have a short run scheduled for tonight so I probably won't have enough calories for a cheeseburger...but I will be back to read (drool) all about yours :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    But do I go for easy to fit in my calories and get a whopper Jr? Or gonna have to have a salad without dressing for dinner and go to Red Robin? Decisions, decisions.

Red Robin=one of my favorite hamburger places~ nom nom nom
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    veggie burger with bacon

BWAHAHAH! WIN!

Done it. It's delicious.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    This is what happens when you take away Booty Tuesday.. we turn to food to cope...

:tongue:
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I had a guacamole burger with pepper jack cheese on Sunday and fried seafood yesterday (it was delicious) I am scheduled for clean eating today and feel that my body really needs it lol.

can we make it a cheese burger on a weekend day instead?? it would fit in my schedule so much better :flowerforyou:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I had a guacamole burger with pepper jack cheese on Sunday and fried seafood yesterday (it was delicious) I am scheduled for clean eating today and feel that my body really needs it lol.

can we make it a cheese burger on a weekend day instead?? it would fit in my schedule so much better :flowerforyou:

Sorry, we've already picked the day, however, if you want, you can eat the burger any day that works for you and just wait to post how awesome it was on Tuesday and/or post the pic of it on Tuesday. I'm cool with that!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I was going to eat a wrap with faux-meat today, since I had a burger yesterday. But then this happened.

I foresee a turkey burger topped with a fried egg in my future!
  • teagin2002
    Options
    This is what happens when you take away Booty Tuesday.. we turn to food to cope...

:tongue:

lol I vote for booty Tuesdays!! and who took them away?? :sad: I would make an exception for bootie tuesdays to take a pic on my derriere (clothed) and post it too :flowerforyou:
  • teagin2002
    Options
    Rite on!! I love the flexibility of people who know how to eat :)
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I actually don’t eat these burgers myself, but I’ve made them for my family a few times and now every time we have a barbeque they all beg me to make them again.

Cuban Burgers
    2 pounds hamburger meat (whatever you usually buy) enough for 4 burgers
    ½ cup garlic mayo (mayo with three cloves crushed garlic mixed in)
    Dijon mustard
    Swiss cheese
    Thin sliced smoked ham (from the deli)
    Dill Pickles
    4 Hamburger buns

Cook burgers on grill to your liking, remove from grill and set grill to medium high. While burgers are cooking, spread garlic mayo and mustard on both sides of each bun. Place a slice of swiss on the bottom bun, then the burger, then another slice of cheese, ham and pickles. Please top bun on. Wrap in tin foil. Place back on grill. Using a cast iron pan or a brick (I wrap the brick in tinfoil also) press down on the burgers for 30 seconds then continue to grill for another minute or so until the cheese is melted.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Seeing as there's so much cheeseburger hate (and I ate a 1200 calorie cheeseburger yesterday and feel no shame), I think we should designate Cheeseburger Tuesday. Tuesday will now be the day when those of us who like cheeseburgers eat one by fitting it into our calorie goals. Why? Because cheeseburgers are flippin' awesome. That's why. And Tuesday is on the uphill climb to humpday and otherwise quite boring....

Rules for Cheeseburger Tuesday:

1. It must be a cheeseburger of some sort.
    2. You must fix it the way you like it.
    3. It must fit your calorie goal for the day. NO CHEATING.
    4. You have to report how awesome it was in this thread post consumption so we can all enjoy vicariously through your cheeseburger awesomeness. PICS are even better so feel free to post pics of your delicious burgers!

EDIT: hamburgers are cool too if you don't like cheese as long as it fits the other rules.

Happy Cheeseburger Tuesday everyone!
    McD's cheeseburger for me. 300 calories plus whatever fruit I want.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I actually don’t eat these burgers myself, but I’ve made them for my family a few times and now every time we have a barbeque they all beg me to make them again.

Cuban Burgers
    2 pounds hamburger meat (whatever you usually buy) enough for 4 burgers
    ½ cup garlic mayo (mayo with three cloves crushed garlic mixed in)
    Dijon mustard
    Swiss cheese
    Thin sliced smoked ham (from the deli)
    Dill Pickles
    4 Hamburger buns

Cook burgers on grill to your liking, remove from grill and set grill to medium high. While burgers are cooking, spread garlic mayo and mustard on both sides of each bun. Place a slice of swiss on the bottom bun, then the burger, then another slice of cheese, ham and pickles. Please top bun on. Wrap in tin foil. Place back on grill. Using a cast iron pan or a brick (I wrap the brick in tinfoil also) press down on the burgers for 30 seconds then continue to grill for another minute or so until the cheese is melted.

This sounds very similar to bacon burgers I make on the grill. They are amazing! Good recipe!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I will now be making burgers for dinner! Nom.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I seriously :heart: you guys!! :flowerforyou:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I seriously :heart: you guys!! :flowerforyou:

:heart: ya right back!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Awww I just had cheeseburgers for dinner last night.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I want to take it further and make it fast food cheeseburger Tuesday. Looks like I'm walking next door tonight at work ... dinner with the King.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Awww I just had cheeseburgers for dinner last night.

That's cool! You can start next week or do what Teagin is doing and eat it whatever day you want but come here and tell us how amazing it was on Tuesday with pics if possible.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    i-can-has-cheezburger.jpg