Significant other not going to work/school when they say the

Options
If you found out your significant other (wife/husband/bf/gf) was not going to school or work when they said they were, what would you do?

EDIT: in this example, they are suppose to be going to work/school while you are at work/school, but instead they're staying home, so they're probably not cheating, but they're not going to work/school, yet they lie about school activities, paycheck delayed, etc

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Cut off their left pinky toe.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    question why my significant other is lying to me in the first place
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Have a nice long talk.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Find out why they feel the need to lie about something. What are they covering up?
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Kick them to the curb... but I'd certainly want to find out what was REALLY going on first...
  • jenguhl
    jenguhl Posts: 79
    Options
    If I was 100% positive, I would confront them.
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    ask em about it?
    Really!
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Have a serious conversation about what is going on while attempting to remain calm. OR have a buddy follow them/stake out the house. Depends on what day of the week it is.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Find out where they were going by stalking them down or just asking. Your choice.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    ask them what the hell they were doing instead.
    then slap a *****.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    This happened to my cousin, and it didn't end well... Please talk to him/her NOW!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Assuming they are cheating. My ex did this to me, I found out he wasn't going to work because he got fired, was leaving everyday to go to see another lady....
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I would want to know why they felt the need to hide it from me and what they were doing instead.

If they refuse an answer I would then think that they have something to hide.
  • Celtic_Queen
    Options
    Oh there'd definitely be a big, long chat...and i would want to know a) why they lied. b) what were they doing then? and c) why did they feel they couldn't tell me?
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I would find out where they are going and then catch them up in the lie. Lol.

You cant really believe suspicion unless you see it first hand for yourself.

& then have a very long talk about it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I would talk about it. My cousin did that. He was afraid to tell anyone he'd dropped out of college, so he pretended to go for months until he got caught.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Like playing hooky for a day, or meeting up with someone else?

but then again, why would they not tell you they are taking a day off unless they were meeting up with someone....
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    First, I would make sure they didn't have that winning Mega Millions ticket. If they did...........all would be forgiven. If not, they got some splainin to do.
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Cut them.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    ask them what the hell they were doing instead.
    then slap a *****.

^^^ My favorite response of the day. Lol.