why do women tend to reject guys going in the militar

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Something about killing kids probably isn't very attractive to most people.

reported:drinker:

thankyou for reporting her

First of all, you reported a guy, so that's cool. And when you say "her" I'm guessing you were hoping I'd be the reported one...guess you didn't read the article I posted...
    i meant him but you should be to you seem to agreee with the post cause you dont know everything so you should not judge our men and women cause they would not do anything without a reason so yea you should to just for ignorance sake

Do you know how to use periods? Your posts are very difficult to read. And yes, I do educate myself. You obviously have not. While MOST in the military would not do these things for no reason, those involved in the "kill teams" DID do those things unprovoked and against UNARMED civilians. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself as well. Just like in every group of people, not EVERYONE is a good person. There are military members who are NOT good people. Just like there are accountants who are not good people, or lawyers, or doctors, etc.

Also, read the rest of my posts in this forum. Obviously I have not generalized all service men and women, but simply pointed at that not all of them are such honorable people. Hence this thing in the military called a dishonorable discharge.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    :explode: I dont understand why people bash the USA or the military men and women. First of all, you can LEAVE! Which would be great! One less mouth to pay taxes for. Second, if we didnt raise our right hand, your *kitten* would be drafted....cause someone has too do it. Third, if we were not doing out job, you would be a slave somewhere. BUT I still say you should leave....just sayin' :bigsmile:
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    All I am seeing is women complaining about how military men cheat. WHAT A CROCK OF BS!!! What about those soldiers that are over seas defending YOUR country sacrificing THIER lives to give you the freedoms you have whos wife is at home cheating on them because they are the needy, high maintenece type. Using the excuse" afraid to be alone", really that is the best you can come up with? I have been in the Air Force for 17 years and have been married to a faithfull wife for 13 years of it. Sometimes beeing sent over seas is the best thing for a marriage. People need to stop complaing about how "tough " they have it and relize that the world does not revolve aroung them.

AMEN and THANK YOU to you and your family for their service.

OORAH!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    All I am seeing is women complaining about how military men cheat. WHAT A CROCK OF BS!!! What about those soldiers that are over seas defending YOUR country sacrificing THIER lives to give you the freedoms you have whos wife is at home cheating on them because they are the needy, high maintenece type. Using the excuse" afraid to be alone", really that is the best you can come up with? I have been in the Air Force for 17 years and have been married to a faithfull wife for 13 years of it. Sometimes beeing sent over seas is the best thing for a marriage. People need to stop complaing about how "tough " they have it and relize that the world does not revolve aroung them.

Preach it! Honestly, I've seen a lot more of the spouses left at home having fidelity issues than the military spouses in these instances.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

reported:drinker:

thankyou for reporting her

First of all, you reported a guy, so that's cool. And when you say "her" I'm guessing you were hoping I'd be the reported one...guess you didn't read the article I posted...
    i meant him but you should be to you seem to agreee with the post cause you dont know everything so you should not judge our men and women cause they would not do anything without a reason so yea you should to just for ignorance sake

Well, the Marine Corps does have a cadence that goes "Napalm sticks to kids" so...While the military may not intentionally kill children, kids do get killed in war. Orphaned kids get ignored. And yes, sometimes civilians are killed for no reason.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Actually now that I think about it, I've heard a lot more stories about soldiers being cheated on while on deployment than soldiers cheating on their spouses....
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm. Men in uniform... yummy....

If I were single, would not reject a man who was in the military. I have a great deal of respect for men in the military. As it is, my husband is a veteran but he was done with his service before we met.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    :explode: I dont understand why people bash the USA or the military men and women. First of all, you can LEAVE! Which would be great! One less mouth to pay taxes for. Second, if we didnt raise our right hand, your *kitten* would be drafted....cause someone has too do it. Third, if we were not doing out job, you would be a slave somewhere. BUT I still say you should leave....just sayin' :bigsmile:

how egotistical to think everyone is just talking about the USA...the USA is not the "be all end all"...I live in Canada, with a British Millitary base outside my hometown...and we're at war too!
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    It's not for every one! Being a military/police wife/SO is not easy. Be happy that you are getting honesty up front and not cheating behind your back!

That said-thanks for your service :drinker:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I would never reject a military man. in fact I'd be MORE likely to accept a relationship with a military man (I'm EXTREMELY picky about whom I will date). I <3 men in fatigues. ;)
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I understand the Cdn Forces are significantly different than US Military. That said, I've been a military spouse for 16 years (17 this Aug) and moved bases a bazillion times (or at least it felt like it at the time). I married my best friend. Someone who I can always talk to. Someone who makes me laugh or understands why I cry. Someone who balances me well. I'd like to think he thinks the same of me.

We have spent 4 anniversaries in the same province/country/continent over the course of our marriage. He left for the first time on our 1 year anniversary and I saw him for 13 days over the course of the following year.

I spent years working in developing countries while he stayed at home (pre-Aghanistan involvement, post deployments to Bosnia) or participated in small training stints in other provinces or the US. I'm not sure a man with a "stay-at-home" type job would have understood the opportunities this allowed me to partake in in my career, or would have been as understanding when I lived alone in India or the Philippines for years on end (with short 2-3 week trips home every few months). My husband, by virtue of his own career choice, understood that there are ways to connect despite distances and never attempted to hold me back in work or life.

Now that we're both home (him from his latest tour and I've been back in country for a few years) we've discovered that we're still deeply in love, still best friends, still value the same things and still look forward to talking to each other (amongst other things) daily. I think those shared values are extremely important in the success of any military marriage. It likely doesn't hurt that I also have a degree in Mil Psych with a concentration in PTSD...

It's not easy to be married in the military. I don't think any relationships truly are.
  • greeneyedredneckangel
    Options

I cannot say what I am thinking because I would be banned from this website!
    You have clearly not met any military person before, I think you should keep your ignorant coments for yourself!
    I am ashamed to be a human being like you.

Military people have a great deal of responsabilities and I am proud to be with a military men that went to Afghanistan to help liberate this country!

You should either, stay in your hole and not say anything or get out and talk to people you ignorant person!

Meh...don't sweat him. The Military is the MOST trusted form of the government. I forget what the percentage was but I know we blew Congress out of the water. lol

If you trust any branch of the government, you haven't been paying very close attention. But hey, that's just how I feel.

Coolest thing about this country, ya know, freedom of expression...
    you know say what you want i aint going to argue anymore it is so not worth it have a nice life and just remember who it is that helps make it possible for our freedom and not live in constant fear thats it sorry for getting so heated
  • izoom3
    izoom3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I didn't. I married a guy I met before he went into the service. We have been married 35 years. I wouldn't change anything about it or him. I personally don't think it is the guy going in the military that is the problem....maybe the guy himself....maybe the girl herself.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Bump to read and respond later :)
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I love military men. I would prefer to date one, but since I was in the military I understand them better than people who haven't been in.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    A lot of people can't handle that lifestyle. On the flipside, a lot of people can. It depends on the person.
  • littlebean24
    Options
    I never wanted to be in a relationship with a military guy because I didn't want to do long distance or go through deployment. BUT you can't help who you fall in love with. I've been with my army guy for 6 years now and would not trade it for the world. The distance can make your relationship stronger and you get to fall in love over and over again. There are plenty of women who will look past your job as a soldier and take a chance with you.
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have always had a sense of respect for men in the military. Maybe a part of it is coz my grandfather & dad served in the Air force & Navy respectively.

I guess if a women rejects a military man, shes knows she doesn't want to be with that person or it didn't work out with that person. You either like / adapt / understand & enjoy the military life environment or you don't!

I am lucky to have found my Navy man. (4yrs of long distance relationship). I know his work comes before me & I totally get it & respect that about him;
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Men cheat, women cheat....being in the military doesn't make anyone more prone to cheat. Being a female Marine, I saw first hand what both male and female Marines are capable of....trust me, it's no different than what you see in the civilian world.
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    Bump for later
This discussion has been closed.