Is it ok to flirt

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    8 pages and still no outline to what is flirting and what is considered complementing...
    I am coming to the conclusion that the line between them is so thin it can only exist in statements such as the ones made here. But to actually state what the differences are is very difficult.

Conclusion I don't care if what I do is called flirting or complementing I am me and I love me :smooched: I :heart: all my MFP pals too!!!

I believe you have no outline as it's left in the eye of the beholder...

I think "Hey you, wanna fluck?" is a complement. You may not...

Let me be the first to compliment you! :wink:

You always compliment me, Carl :) *smooches*
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I don't see flirting as cheating, especially on the net. Its really up to the couple to decide what they tolerate or not. Honestly if a marriage falls apart over flirting I think there were other issues to begin with.
    ^^^this
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    no.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

You had me at asphyxiation... LOL!

How rude...

You had me at *kitten*.

And on Tuesday.

Possibly on Wednesday as well.

Have we effectively demonstrated flirting on the internet yet? Or do I need to flash you my boobs now?
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    If you're single, by all means, flirt away and say all the naughty things you want to each other. If you're married, or have a significant other, I consider that a huge NO and suggest to just stay away from it. Not that it would lead to anything directly, but I'm a firm believer that when you allow that door to be cracked open and you are in a monogomous relationship, it is just a path to more things that you would consider doing in the future. I've been married for 3 years/together for 8 years and I would never do anything behind my hubby's back that, a. I couldn't fully fill him in on, and b. it would hurt him or make him uncomfortable/resentful in any way.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I think it is ok as long as you don't hurt people or go past certain lines. I like commenting on hot pics of women. I like it when they comment on me. If flirting leads to something more then I am receptive to that too! Live Life and have fun!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    Complimenting is one thing.
    But flirting, is a BIG no for me!! its kind of in a way of cheating.
    Thats just my personal opinion.

its only kind of a way of cheating IF you are in a relationship obviously..other than that, why not..seems harmless
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Flirting's harmless. If people are attached and it goes further, then there's a problem.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I do a lot more than flirt with some of my female friends...

I live for this.... *smooshes you with boobies*
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I love to flirt.
    I was a big flirt before I met my husband.
    I flirted with my husband when we met.
    He obviously liked it a lot because he asked me to marry him.
    And ya know what? I still flirt.
    And do you know why? Because I am me and I love to flirt.
    Does my husband know I flirt? How could he not? It's part of who I am. It's part of who he fell in love with.
    Does my husband flirt? Absolutely. Hell, I even flirt with those that HE flirts with!
    Marriage doesn't change who you are, it changes the number of people you're "supposed to" sleep with.
    How dull life would be without flirting ...

This is how we roll too.

Us too.......... and guess what........... no drama at home involving that............
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    It's completely dependent on the people involved.

There's also a major dependence on context/intention. I've gotten messages on here congratulating my progress and telling me I'm beautiful. I've also gotten really creepy messages from men AND women. I don't think there's anything wrong with saying, "Your hard work has paid off and you're a beautiful person." However, I don't appreciate the "Thank god you didn't lose those tits" comments that I've received.

Douches....
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

You had me at asphyxiation... LOL!

How rude...

You had me at *kitten*.

And on Tuesday.

Possibly on Wednesday as well.

Have we effectively demonstrated flirting on the internet yet? Or do I need to flash you my boobs now?

Our work here is done.

Now I must go and solve world poverty. I may be gone some time...
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    8 pages and still no outline to what is flirting and what is considered complementing...
    I am coming to the conclusion that the line between them is so thin it can only exist in statements such as the ones made here. But to actually state what the differences are is very difficult.

Conclusion I don't care if what I do is called flirting or complementing I am me and I love me :smooched: I :heart: all my MFP pals too!!!

I believe you have no outline as it's left in the eye of the beholder...

I think "Hey you, wanna fluck?" is a complement. You may not...

Let me be the first to compliment you! :wink:

You always compliment me, Carl :) *smooches*

You guys are sweet, awesome, and funny!!!
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    duplicate?
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I love to flirt.
    Does my husband know I flirt? How could he not? It's part of who I am. It's part of who he fell in love with.
    Does my husband flirt? Absolutely. Hell, I even flirt with those that HE flirts with!
    Marriage doesn't change who you are, it changes the number of people you're "supposed to" sleep with.

In fact, it's kind of a turn-on when some woman is flirting with him and he looks over at me and gives me that cocky half grin and a wink.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    If you're single, by all means, flirt away and say all the naughty things you want to each other. If you're married, or have a significant other, I consider that a huge NO and suggest to just stay away from it. Not that it would lead to anything directly, but I'm a firm believer that when you allow that door to be cracked open and you are in a monogomous relationship, it is just a path to more things that you would consider doing in the future. I've been married for 3 years/together for 8 years and I would never do anything behind my hubby's back that, a. I couldn't fully fill him in on, and b. it would hurt him or make him uncomfortable/resentful in any way.
    Flirting isn't just saying naughty things to each other. Actually, in my book, flirting is rarely saying naughty things.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    My fiance and I had a lot of arguments over Facebook when we first starting seeing each other, which made me feel really dumb and immature, but didn't stop it! =) My idea is that if you wouldn't do it in real life, don't do it in a virtual world. My guy says he doesn't get it and they aren't the same, but he now knows they feel the same to me and he respects that. That being said, I'm a pretty shameless flirt in real life, lol! My personal guideline is if I wouldn't feel comfortable if he read what I'm saying, then I probably shouldn't be saying it.. I use the same guideline in IRL too.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options

You guys are sweet, awesome, and funny!!!

So is that a complement or flirting?? read the above post to see the entire conversation :laugh:

sorry I couldn't help myself, I just luv messing with people lol
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I love to flirt.

In fact, it's kind of a turn-on when some woman is flirting with him and he looks over at me and gives me that cocky half grin and a wink.

I agree. I don't mind when someone flirts with my wife. I find it flattering. I am the one that benefits.
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    no harm in flirting if ur not attached and if u are.. if u don't have to hide the screen when ur bf/gf comes in the room then its all good