Is it ok to flirt

Options
Slendermike
Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
Ladies, guys - Is it ok to flirt with people on internet sites like this one? I have varied opinions - let's hear yours.....

Replies

• neti_call
    neti_call Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    sure, if you aren't attached.
    Flirting online is dangerous if you are married, however. I know lots of peeps whose marriage ended over "harmless" flirtations online.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Complimenting is one thing.
    But flirting, is a BIG no for me!! its kind of in a way of cheating.
    Thats just my personal opinion.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Why of course not, I mean why would I, A red blooded single male, ever flirt with single women who are my pals who are posing in bras, bikinis, cleavage bearing tops and other revealing attire. Why that would be TABOO! I would never do that!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Complimenting is one thing.
    But flirting, is a BIG no for me!! its kind of in a way of cheating.
    Thats just my personal opinion.

^^This.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    totally ok if the person is receptive. it can get creepy if you're pursuing someone who does not want to be pursued.

i really think married people should stay away from flirting. its not cheating necessarily, but it can lead to to it.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely ok. There's no harm in it whatsoever. Not a thing to worry about.

Until your partner joins the site. Then delete, delete, delete!!

:tongue: :laugh:
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I dont see flirting as cheating, as long as lines aren't crossed. A compliment and an innuendo here or there is harmless. A woman who feels otherwise obviously has some insecurity issues. Especially on a site as this one where ppl are from all over and its highly unlikely things will evolve from there
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Why of course not, I mean why would I, A red blooded single male, ever flirt with single women who are my pals who are posing in bras, bikinis, cleavage bearing tops and other revealing attire. Why that would be TABOO! I would never do that!

MFP: Come for the diet, stay for the pics
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    i never flirt, i'm just friendly.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    If it's not, then I am in trouble.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Honestly- if there is no harm being done, then no. Harm being- it leads to something more then internet flirting.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I dont see flirting as cheating, as long as lines aren't crossed. A compliment and an innuendo here or there is harmless. A woman who feels otherwise obviously has some insecurity issues. Especially on a site as this one where ppl are from all over and its highly unlikely things will evolve from there

I feel the same way (except for assuming that others who don't it like have security issues) and use it to build people in hopes they may see what I see in them and learn to love them selves for everything they are even the bad... Also if I say it to a male friend I will also say it to a female one, if I can't then chances are I won't say it all (heterosexual married female here) :flowerforyou:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

Agreed.

I flirt with people I know well enough that it's taken in a friendly manner (which is how I intend it).
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    sure, if you aren't attached.
    Flirting online is dangerous if you are married, however. I know lots of peeps whose marriage ended over "harmless" flirtations online.
    This^
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Flirting is okay. The only problem is, a lot of guys don't know the difference between flirting and being a douche.
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

^^This
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I do a lot more than flirt with some of my female friends...
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely ok. There's no harm in it whatsoever. Not a thing to worry about.

Until your partner joins the site. Then delete, delete, delete!!

:tongue: :laugh:

This... totally this...
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I don't see any issues with it, not like you can reach through the computer screen and hook up....so until that day comes around, no \m/