Is it ok to flirt

Options

Replies

• jeffarthur
    jeffarthur Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Complimenting is one thing.
    But flirting, is a BIG no for me!! its kind of in a way of cheating.
    Thats just my personal opinion.

nsil on the head. NOTHING good can come from it. turn the tables and ask if you would want a significant other flirting...??
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I would not participate in online flirting... I am married, so its totally off limits for me, but even if I were not otherwise involved, I don't think the internet is an appropriate forum for meeting men... I would need face to face time to determine if flirting is appropriate.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I see it as inappropriate and dangerous if you're in a relationship. If you're not, and interested in someone, not sure why you wouldn't :)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Personally I see flirting, online and off, as a harmless form of fun. It makes everyone feel good, adds a little life to your day, but isn't anything more. Flirting doesn't necessarily imply that you're interested, or that if you are, you are going to take any action on it--its a pleasant social interaction. If the other person doesn't respond in kind, or if you have another indication that it makes them uncomfortable then you should stop, out of respect for the other person, but short of that, have fun.

I'm married, and my husband doesn't care that I flirt with other people. My boundaries are clear and he trusts me.
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm single, I get to flirt all I want online. ;-)
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    sure, if you aren't attached.
    Flirting online is dangerous if you are married, however. I know lots of peeps whose marriage ended over "harmless" flirtations online.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    yeah, seriously, if you are married, you shouldn't be flirting online. Its no different than calling up one of your wifes hot friends and trying to rail her while your wife is at work. imo anyway.

just sad, and wrong. being married, means you've made your choice! pull up your big boy pants and deal with it.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    totally ok if the person is receptive. it can get creepy if you're pursuing someone who does not want to be pursued.

i really think married people should stay away from flirting. its not cheating necessarily, but it can lead to to it.

^^^^This.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely ok. There's no harm in it whatsoever. Not a thing to worry about.

Until your partner joins the site. Then delete, delete, delete!!

:tongue: :laugh:

:laugh:

I would say it depends......I like a little flirting (as long as it isn't stalkerish), but I'm single....so I have no issues. Married people may feel differently.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I never flirt. I can't understand people who flirt online. I mean, seriously? :huh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    A woman who feels otherwise obviously has some insecurity issues.
    Wait....what?? I believe that I should conduct myself the same on line as I do in person, and I would expect the same from my husband. Zero insecurities here. It's about respect for us. I realize other relationships have different expectations, but don't assume that women who "feel otherwise obviously have some insecurity issues". You can give people compliments without flirting. There's a difference.

Don't let her fool you. Patti flirts with me CONSTANTLY!

*runs*

I always figured Patti for a big ol' th_thhoochie.gif

snickeringg.gif
  • kk1964
    kk1964 Posts: 46
    Options
    Of course, why not... :)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    For me its a no no. Especially since this is a site for weight loss and encouraging getting healthy not a dating site.

Shh...don't tell my special someone that I met right here on MFP this!! :drinker:
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I don't confuse flirting with cheating. If a person is going to cheat, they will do it regardless. Flirting is a totally different ball game.

I agree

lets_play_ball(1).jpg
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    maybe I am confusing flirting with complementing.... Say hey beautiful or handsome and then following it by How you doing? ;) that is considered flirting rite??

or is flirting saying things that are more graphic?? Please keep in mind I was raised over seas and English is my second language :flowerforyou:

also I joke a lot and these are things I would say to people I know in person and it would be taken as a complement and a sweet funny too :flowerforyou:
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Depends, do you flirt with jsut one person or with lots of people? If it's jsut one person that is more then just flirting-and a problem, if you are a flirt in general then no it's not such a problem ( at least for me)
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Can't we support each other without trying to get into someones Pants....I come here for Motivation not for a Man...I have one..
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    mm my idea of flirting would be "you look so great" nothing further then that. i love my boyfriend, i dont feel the need to flirt online.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    There's a HUGE difference between harmless flirting (something you would do in front of your SO that would leave no one with hurt feelings) and flirting that would cause a fight if it were "found out."

I have no SO, so I'll eye f*** any ginger I please... FYI.
  • briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Flirting makes my day :) So I am completely okay with it... :wink: