Is it ok to flirt

Options

Replies

• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Why cant a fitness site just be a fitness site. Complimenting or teasing / joking is fine but does every forum on the internet have to turn into a dating site, cum on.

Oh, you managed to keep it going almost to the end....
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    i would never EVER flirt. ever. like never ever. really. NEVER. Me? no. never. ever.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Hi.....I'm Morgan. I'm 5'2, a Leo and like long walks on the beach.

Wait...What??? This is a fitness site....:noway:

is that a beer in your cleavage or are you just happy to see me?
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I flirt with all my friends...male and female.

But there's a line that many here cross. If you are married, or engaged, or 2 days from walking up the frikken isle, it is not and never okay to send nekkid pics or talk about sexual acts you would like to do. This to me is cheating. I don't care if you're across the ocean, in a different state or living next door. It makes me sick. And the people that encourage this are just as bad.

Many of my male friends are married and i would never say something to them that would get them in *kitten* with their wives.

If you're single--then sure. If thats what you want to do.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Hi.....I'm Morgan. I'm 5'2, a Leo and like long walks on the beach.

Wait...What??? This is a fitness site....:noway:

hahahahahahahaha
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Complimenting is one thing.
    But flirting, is a BIG no for me!! its kind of in a way of cheating.
    Thats just my personal opinion.

to say ...hey youre looking good...keep up the good work...thats complimenting
    hey baby...you are starting to look sooo fine after losing that weight...i gonna have to get those numbers...

if you have a partner....Be very careful on what you say to someone...because it could be a compliment and they can take it as flirting.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Why cant a fitness site just be a fitness site. Complimenting or teasing / joking is fine but does every forum on the internet have to turn into a dating site, cum on.

Hello there! flirtysmile1.gif
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    How does one flirt online exactly??
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I love these general sweeping questions, some single people who be mortified if someone was flirty with them on the internet, some married folk flirt with their internet friends, it all depends on the person and their relationship.

I flirt, I've posted a few questionable pictures, I've explained some rather inappropriate things to people, it all depends, rules are fluid, unless we're talking about the MFP rules, those are rigid. *winks at Steven*
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i never flirt, i'm just friendly.

Exactly. :wink:
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    If you're not married or have a significant other, it is OK. I flirt all of the time on sites.
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    To try to say this in the nicest possible way....this is not an Internet dating site. If that is what you are interested in, than I happen to believe this is not the site for you. This site is simply for those who are wanting to be healthy and I like the fact that for the most part people here are supportive and decent. It would be nice if it stayed that way. I hope I didn't offend anyone, but this site and my friends on it are important to my success so far.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    <~~~ Married and flirting. A LOT. :love: :love:
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I agree with most..if isingle go for it
    IF in committed relationship or married, than I still say a BIG NO to flirting on line
    I would say before you say something think about how u would feel if your SO was doing the same....if it would piss u off..dont do it!!
    The line is different for everyone
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Flirting on the interwebs is the functional equivalent of unprotected anal sex. Consequently, I have nailed a whole lotta y'all in the keister. Bareback.

*runs to get tested*
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Ladies, guys - Is it ok to flirt with people on internet sites like this one? I have varied opinions - let's hear yours.....

Yeah, if your single or in a relationship where that kind of behavior won't cause problems.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Don't let her fool you. Patti flirts with me CONSTANTLY!*runs*
    Silly, Brett! You get all your Christian friends confused!
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Absolutely ok. It isnt like I am booking flights to go see all these men, that if I were single I would consider it. I won't cheat. The guys I am flirty with are aware that I am unavailiable. I am not sending any nekkid pics, I am not calling them and having phone sex. They aren't feeding me, Fu@#ing me or financing me, so it is no threat.

Love this!!!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    For me and my husband flirting is ok. Anything beyond that, is cheating. No sexual talk about anyone other than your spouse, that is not okay. We are both very flirty people in the first place. Its natural. You can't just muffle that. I've been flirting with people since I was a baby! Flirting isn't sexual or bad, unless you make it that way. I do however, make it a point not to flirt with other people in front of my husband. He does the same. Unless, you know, there is an ok to do so... ;)
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I stopped flirting one day.

My husband checked me for a pulse. He was worried... thought I'd died.