Is it ok to flirt

Options

Replies

• myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

I cannot tell you how glad I am to see a post like this...I thought I was living in some weird parallel universe where flirting is considered a crime punishable by garotting...kind of like Fringe except without the charm.

I don't know what garotting is but you can do it to me anytime you like! :wink:

You like erotic asphyxiation? How rude.

Stop flirting please thank you. It is against the law ...

unless you pay me.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    totally ok if the person is receptive. it can get creepy if you're pursuing someone who does not want to be pursued.

i really think married people should stay away from flirting. its not cheating necessarily, but it can lead to to it.

This.
    If both parties are okay with it, do what you like. If either has a problem with it, stop. Even if that person has a problem with the fact that you're married but "your wife is okay with it."
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    bump
  • chicky26
    chicky26 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been together now for nearly 11 years and I would say it is absolutley fine to flirt. Having a laugh and joke and a little flirt with another person is fun and light hearted and most deffinatley not cheating.

I think it depends where you are in a relationship and how comfortable you are with each other, and for that matter with yourself too.

I think flirting is natural and gives you more self confidence and although you shouldn't need it for this it kind of reaffirms to yourself that your worthy of attention - the fact that other people want to flirt with you. Nothing wrong with a confidence boost :) especially when youve been sooooo obese for sooooo long!

Well Hello there sexy *looks around and raises eyebrow* How you doin??

Im good baby, how you doin?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

unless you pay me.

Oooh... I think I've been bad! :blushing:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I never flirt. I can't understand people who flirt online. I mean, seriously? :huh:

yeah, I agree. I think its just ridiculous when people who are both mature, over the age of legal consent, apparently normal people flirt with each other. It is just down right disgusting! I wouldn't understand that at all! (big grunt in disbelief that this is even going on in the world)

I can't tell if this was typed with a sarcasm font or not...
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ladies, guys - Is it ok to flirt with people on internet sites like this one? I have varied opinions - let's hear yours.....

You should probably ask your partner and not random strangers....

lol
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I never flirt. I can't understand people who flirt online. I mean, seriously? :huh:
    yeah, I agree. I think its just ridiculous when people who are both mature, over the age of legal consent, apparently normal people flirt with each other. It is just down right disgusting! I wouldn't understand that at all! (big grunt in disbelief that this is even going on in the world)
    What you did there...I see it. Well done.
  • hitmewitdarock
    Options
    as someone that has been around on the internet for more than a few years i have got to say it is great fun when ladies share themselves with me... its been a great time... i love being flirted with.... thats a good thing... dont play games like a sumtin sumtin but please do play nice with me :) its nice when you dont mean it but even nicer when you do...
  • wocko6092
    wocko6092 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been together now for nearly 11 years and I would say it is absolutley fine to flirt. Having a laugh and joke and a little flirt with another person is fun and light hearted and most deffinatley not cheating.

I think it depends where you are in a relationship and how comfortable you are with each other, and for that matter with yourself too.

I think flirting is natural and gives you more self confidence and although you shouldn't need it for this it kind of reaffirms to yourself that your worthy of attention - the fact that other people want to flirt with you. Nothing wrong with a confidence boost :) especially when youve been sooooo obese for sooooo long!

Be doin even better if you got your cute *kitten* over here . . . . . . . . . .
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Ladies, guys - Is it ok to flirt with people on internet sites like this one? I have varied opinions - let's hear yours.....

The only opinion that matters is that of your significant other or spouse. I'm sure that's been said 100 times already in this thread, but I just wanted to get my $.02 in. :smile:
  • chicky26
    chicky26 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Hubby I think were doin this all wrong - I said other people!!
  • myofibril
    Options

unless you pay me.

You know what happens to bad girls.

Viewers of a sensitive disposition may wish to look away now...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

OMG! You two are cute!!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    8 pages and still no outline to what is flirting and what is considered complementing...
    I am coming to the conclusion that the line between them is so thin it can only exist in statements such as the ones made here. But to actually state what the differences are is very difficult.

Conclusion I don't care if what I do is called flirting or complementing I am me and I love me :smooched: I :heart: all my MFP pals too!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

unless you pay me.

You know what happens to bad girls.

Viewers of a sensitive disposition may wish to look away now...

You had me at asphyxiation... LOL!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    8 pages and still no outline to what is flirting and what is considered complementing...
    I am coming to the conclusion that the line between them is so thin it can only exist in statements such as the ones made here. But to actually state what the differences are is very difficult.

Conclusion I don't care if what I do is called flirting or complementing I am me and I love me :smooched: I :heart: all my MFP pals too!!!

I believe you have no outline as it's left in the eye of the beholder...

I think "Hey you, wanna fluck?" is a complement. You may not...
  • myofibril
    Options

Well played!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

I believe you have no outline as it's left in the eye of the beholder...

I think "Hey you, wanna fluck?" is a complement. You may not...

Let me be the first to compliment you! :wink:
  • myofibril
    Options

You had me at asphyxiation... LOL!

How rude...

You had me at *kitten*.

And on Tuesday.

Possibly on Wednesday as well.