Is it ok to flirt

Options

Replies

• RunJasonRun
    RunJasonRun Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I flirt...i even tell you i flirt...and if by me flirting makes you have a better relationship with your significant other then i guess we are all happy....:o)

But i do tell someone that if they feel uncomfortable then let me know up front and i will stop....but honestly are *we* ever going to meet, i doubt that!

Cheers! live life to the fullest because you only live once!

~Jason
  • SarahJ1932
    Options
    If you wouldn't do it in front of your spouse, it's cheating.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm a flirt, a big flirt! Always have bee, always will be.
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    yes, yes it is ok to flirt. you can flirt with me as much as you like
  • missbaker89
    missbaker89 Posts: 245
    Options
    Complimenting is one thing.
    But flirting, is a BIG no for me!! its kind of in a way of cheating.
    Thats just my personal opinion.

this, it may not be physically cheating but it is mentally cheating!!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Depends?

Are you single? Then flirt away!
    Are you in a relationship? well... is your partner aware of your flirtations? Are they okay with it or does it bother them? When you're in a relationship it's not about YOU anymore... because you become we and you have to take into account your partner's feelings.

^ I agree TOTALLY. Some SO may find it hurtful and take it as they aren't good enough for you or on the other hand they might not care. And I also don't see how just if say a girl isn't comfortable with her bf flirting with other girls all the time makes her or their relationship super insecure (and visa versa). After all how did you get your SO in the first place? Flirting... And chances are if its evolved into an issue of theirs it wasn't innocent unattached flirting.
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    This thread has neatly focused most of the world's social problems into a simple question.

The answer, almost everyone agrees, is to be yourself and tolerant of others' behavior - to a point.

Making things black or white (we all flirt/don't flirt) makes it simple but never easy. Life is a blur; it's gray. And in tolerating all that gray between black and white, we have a colorful world.

My situation? IF I flirt on the internet, and sweetie finds out, I'm toast. As long as I'm a pontificating blow-hard, I'm safe.
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely ok. There's no harm in it whatsoever. Not a thing to worry about.

Until your partner joins the site. Then delete, delete, delete!!

:tongue: :laugh:

And deny, deny, deny! lol
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I don't flirt because I don't want to lead people on. I compliment when there's a job well done, but that is it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I cannot tell you how glad I am to see a post like this...I thought I was living in some weird parallel universe where flirting is considered a crime punishable by garotting...kind of like Fringe except without the charm.

I don't know what garotting is but you can do it to me anytime you like! :wink:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I love to flirt.
    I was a big flirt before I met my husband.
    I flirted with my husband when we met.
    He obviously liked it a lot because he asked me to marry him.
    And ya know what? I still flirt.
    And do you know why? Because I am me and I love to flirt.
    Does my husband know I flirt? How could he not? It's part of who I am. It's part of who he fell in love with.
    Does my husband flirt? Absolutely. Hell, I even flirt with those that HE flirts with!
    Marriage doesn't change who you are, it changes the number of people you're "supposed to" sleep with.
    How dull life would be without flirting ...

:flowerforyou: Seconded! My girlfriend says when she was born she flirted with the doctor. It's part of who she is and I love her for who she is. And she extends me the same courtesy.

I didn't start a relationship so I could change her. We're madly in love, incredibly happy and things are going to stay that way.

You know.. until she sees my MFP profile page... :embarassed: :devil: :smokin:
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    It's ok only if they have the same body parts as you.... :tongue:

right.. that's the rule?? or am I wrong?? :drinker:

I'd kiss you with my lips and I'm not talking about the ones on my face....

reeeeeeeaallly!!!? :bigsmile: :wink:

Does that count as flirting?! awesome_smiley_face_awesome_face_sticker-p217878147223685097z85xz_400.jpg

That's MY kind of flirting!!
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    When I am in a relationship I choose not to flirt out of respect for my partner.

Complimenting, joking around, using words like hun or sweetie are not flirting to me.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with a little Flirtation.. I am a Flirt by nature and my husband knows thats just who I am.. but I know Where to draw the line... I got good self control.
    Plus its Great Motivation =)
    It's nice to feel desired and attractive..
    XOXOXO
  • wocko6092
    wocko6092 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been together now for nearly 11 years and I would say it is absolutley fine to flirt. Having a laugh and joke and a little flirt with another person is fun and light hearted and most deffinatley not cheating.

I think it depends where you are in a relationship and how comfortable you are with each other, and for that matter with yourself too.

I think flirting is natural and gives you more self confidence and although you shouldn't need it for this it kind of reaffirms to yourself that your worthy of attention - the fact that other people want to flirt with you. Nothing wrong with a confidence boost :) especially when youve been sooooo obese for sooooo long!

Well Hello there sexy *looks around and raises eyebrow* How you doin??
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it, hell, sometimes I welcome getting downright dirty on here :p
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I flirt. I've been known to send a friend request with a note explaining that my only motivation is his hot picture. But I'm single.

And there are still lines I don't cross... like posting any photos of myself less than fully clothed. Not happening... but that's a privacy and a self-respect thing for me.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Complimenting is one thing.
    But flirting, is a BIG no for me!! its kind of in a way of cheating.
    Thats just my personal opinion.
    This. My ex flirted with several girls over facebook then proceeded to hook up with them whilst we were together. The way I see it is, it is not just a bit of harmless fun or banter, because I'm pretty sure after a while you start to think things. I'm not saying this applies to every person who flirts but I am not okay with someone who I am with flirting with anyone else.
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    Thank goodness I never flirt. I can't understand people who flirt online. I mean, seriously? :huh:

yeah, I agree. I think its just ridiculous when people who are both mature, over the age of legal consent, apparently normal people flirt with each other. It is just down right disgusting! I wouldn't understand that at all! (big grunt in disbelief that this is even going on in the world)
  • Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Im married and enjoy positive attention and making people feel appreciated, flirting is natural, I have no plans on breaking my marital commitment, because I flirt here and there, Im still a woman and I know what lines are not ok to cross, my hubby flirts also, makes him feel like a man, doesnt bother me a bit...