• JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Chicago Pizza blows.

all over you. Yes.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Oh, P.S. since Chicago is EAST of the Mississippi, Chicago-style counts as "East Coast" :bigsmile:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Have you ever had Chicago style pizza??? It's about as different from New York style pizza as you can get....

Chicago style is the best. That's all there is to it. tyvm. ;-)
  • candiceanderson84
    candiceanderson84 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Let me say that Chicago has the BEST pizza!!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    the best pizza place in the U.S. is in Phoenix. Pizzeria Bianco

form wiki

Pizzeria Bianco has been rated as the best pizza in the US by Bon Appétit,[14] the New York Times,[1] Vogue,[3] and Rachel Ray,[15] and has also been recognized by Martha Stewart,[2] Oprah,[8] GQ,[16] Gourmet[10] and was named to GAYOT.com's list of the Top 10 Pizza Restaurants in the U.S.[17] Chef Chris Bianco won James Beard Foundation Best Chef: Southwest for 2003 (the only pizza chef to have won a regional award)[5][18] and the restaurant received a nearly perfect Zagat score of 29 in 2000.[3] Pizzeria Bianco was featured in Peter Reinhart's book American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza.[9]

Rachel Ray? Oprah? Martha Stewart?

LMAO. Who gives a damn what those idiots have to say about pizza.

even the NEW YORK TIMES agrees. Pizzeria Bianco>all others.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    East coast pizza is the BEST. West coast is eh. The crust just isn't right.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats the pizza stands in Rome where they fold the pizza in half to make it easier eat. That was damn good pizza. Also, gelato.

Ditto - best pizza I ever had was at a little bistro in Venice. It had a flatbread-like stone baked crust with fresh vegetables, drizzled with olive oil instead of red sauce, proscuitto, and FRESH mozzerella cheese. It was made in this outdoor oven and had a smoked flavor. My mouth still waters when I think about it

WANT.

Oh goodness i must have this.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    and i agree that chicago style is greatly overrated. its good but just doesnt compare to other kinds of pizza.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Let me say that Chicago has the BEST pizza!!!

Digiorno!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Chicago....rules
  • mrmanmeat
    Options
    Nothing beats the pizza stands in Rome where they fold the pizza in half to make it easier eat. That was damn good pizza. Also, gelato.

Ditto - best pizza I ever had was at a little bistro in Venice. It had a flatbread-like stone baked crust with fresh vegetables, drizzled with olive oil instead of red sauce, proscuitto, and FRESH mozzerella cheese. It was made in this outdoor oven and had a smoked flavor. My mouth still waters when I think about it

WANT.

Let's hop a flight. I'm down.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options

form wiki

Pizzeria Bianco has been rated as the best pizza in the US by Bon Appétit,[14] the New York Times,[1] Vogue,[3] and Rachel Ray,[15] and has also been recognized by Martha Stewart,[2] Oprah,[8] GQ,[16] Gourmet[10] and was named to GAYOT.com's list of the Top 10 Pizza Restaurants in the U.S.[17] Chef Chris Bianco won James Beard Foundation Best Chef: Southwest for 2003 (the only pizza chef to have won a regional award)[5][18] and the restaurant received a nearly perfect Zagat score of 29 in 2000.[3] Pizzeria Bianco was featured in Peter Reinhart's book American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza.[9]

but what does Dr. Oz say???
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    THE SOUTH HAS THE BEST EVERYTHING BUT I WILL ADMIT EAST COAST HAS THE BEST PIZZA HAHAAHA ive been living in arizona forever now and if theres one thing i complain about a lot (besides the fact that theres no grass here) its the freakin pizza BleH!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

form wiki

that it shrinks belly fat!!! :D
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    italy!
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Being from NY and having lived in Mississippi AND Wisconsin it's a no-brainer!!! NY pizza is the absolute best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a zillion amazing pizza places!!!!! :) Thin crust, cheesy, and greasy!!! Yum!!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

form wiki

Dr. Oz said that if you take a dose of Raspberry Ketones before you eat it, it'll negate all the calories and make you a revved up calorie burning furnace.
  • mrmanmeat
    Options

form wiki

Ha, again, pizza is pizza. :D
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Whoa now. Don't count the west out. Back in Idaho, the best pizza you'll ever meet is at the Idaho Pizza company. Hoy damn.

And up here in Washington, check out Pizzazz Pizza. It'll blow your mind.

Idaho Pizza is pretty good, but it doesn't compare to the pizzas of East Coast. I live in Idaho, but I have lived in the Midwest too as well as visited New York and the European countries.

New York Style and Chicago Style don't even really compare as New York Style is large foldable slices and Chicago Style is deep dish pie.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

WANT.

Let's go! :happy:
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My God. NY.

Grimaldi's
    Lombardi's
    Totonno's
    Arturo's
    Zero Otto

And my personal fav- Patricia's in the Morris Park section of the Bronx.

Even some of the twelve "original" Ray's Pizza is good- especially at 3am after drinking my face off.

How could I forget Grimaldi's? Shame on me!

Grimaldi's in Hoboken??? OMG AMAZINGGGGG PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here in upstate we have Pontillo's which is awesome, and Brooklyn Joe's.