scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    My God. NY.

Grimaldi's
    Lombardi's
    Totonno's
    Arturo's
    Zero Otto

And my personal fav- Patricia's in the Morris Park section of the Bronx.

Even some of the twelve "original" Ray's Pizza is good- especially at 3am after drinking my face off.

How could I forget Grimaldi's? Shame on me!

Grimaldi's in Hoboken??? OMG AMAZINGGGGG PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here in upstate we have Pontillo's which is awesome, and Brooklyn Joe's.

Grimaldi's in Brooklyn!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats the pizza stands in Rome where they fold the pizza in half to make it easier eat. That was damn good pizza. Also, gelato.

Ditto - best pizza I ever had was at a little bistro in Venice. It had a flatbread-like stone baked crust with fresh vegetables, drizzled with olive oil instead of red sauce, proscuitto, and FRESH mozzerella cheese. It was made in this outdoor oven and had a smoked flavor. My mouth still waters when I think about it

WANT.

Oh goodness i must have this.

Let's go! :happy:

Hell yeah! I'm dying to go back.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    there is a local pizza place in TIFFIN OHIO serving up what's called Pizza Nablidon :: it's thin & crispy crust baked on the stone, topped w/ fresh herbs, chopped garlic, cracked pepper, extra virgin olive oil, parmesan cheese and whatever toppings you want. it's AMAZING
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    They don't even know what Sicilian pizza or tomato pie is out here :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Weirdos....

WHAT?!!!
    <<<feels deep sorrow for them:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: >>>

and the papa johns comment...all i can say to that is Y>U>C>K>!! :sick:
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    Whoa. I thought this whole debate was put to rest after the Tupac /Biggie fight.

From my experiences with both: East Coast pizza for the most part has better tasting sauce, but West Coast pizza has better crust and more topping.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Whoa. I thought this whole debate was put to rest after the Tupac /Biggie fight.

From my experiences with both: East Coast pizza for the most part has better tasting sauce, but West Coast pizza has better crust and more topping.

Better crust out west?!?!?! This does not compute...the crust out here is the worst part; by far...followed very closely by the sauce (you're right on that).
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    ...i cant stand most of the people here in good ol' CA, they're the worst part about living here.

Agreed, but I dislike people as a whole in general, not just those here in California, so I'll stay here because of the few people that I'm close to.

(When I see people as individuals I like then a little more, fyi.)

On a topic related note. I have not been to NY or Chicago, but in terms of styles I prefer the thinner crust of NY pizza. A place near(ish) me in nor cal has amazing pizzas, but the owner is a transplant from NY if I remember correctly. If you're ever near Sacramento, CA (well Sacramento county) check out Fat Mike's. My old roommate use to pay his part of the utility bill in pizza from there (since that's where he worked and my exhusband and I were fans of their pizza).
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    umm...why is this even a debate? Who ever thought of west coast pizza? A much more fair debate would be NY vs. Chicago and even then NY would win! (btw, I love Chicago pizza but you cant beat NY style man). However it does comes down a bit to preference
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    The debate is between New York and Chicago. The west coast doesn't even get a seat at the table in the great pizza debate.

amen!

I don't like super thin bases, so Chi town wins for me.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ Through many travels ... I have tasted many different " pies " through the States ... I find that there is usually a " Dive " in just about every state that has some damn good pizza ! One of the best being a place called " No Name Pub " in The Keys .... That pie ROCKS ! But ... the best of the best so far for me is a small town on the outskirts of Cleveland, Ohio ... a place called the Sunrise Inn ... they have an Old World Pizza that is like no other ... just amazing ... so amazing that I have paid $ 45.00 to have one sent over night to me in South Florida ... true story ! :happy:

But ... those days are a long time ago ... Now my splurge consists of going maybe once a week to the " Mellow Mushroom " and indulging in a Stuffed Portabella Mushroom and one slice of a Fontina Shroom Pie .... unless the boyfriend orders ... then it's all about the MEAT ! Ha ! :tongue:
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I grew up in California. I agree ~ we don't even have a seat at the table in this debate. If I had to say we had a "style" ~ it's somewhere much thicker than NY Style pizza and not even close to Chicago style. It's just kind of a thick, chewy, bready crust. I don't really discriminate. Carbs+sauce+cheese+meat = delicious in my book!!