What is the WORST protein powder you have had?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I don't do protein powders. I do have protein meal bars, however. Protein is not usually a problem for me to get the old fashioned way though....:happy:
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm taking notes. I just started protein shakes and have only tried two. Not a fan of either, but no real bases to go off of.
    Muscle Milk Chocolate and EAS Chocolate, both have an aftertaste I can handle, but not sure for how long.

i just tried EAS chocolate...not impressed it tastes more like water with after taste
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Never been a fan of any protein powders. Over priced, Tastes chalky. Ratio of other nutrients to get the protein is skewed.

honestly? How hard is it to get enough protein?

Surprisingly hard for me actually! I can get it a lot cheaper than meat, greek yogurt and such ^-^ getting 90g is a struggle some days xD
  • slightlycrunchy
    slightlycrunchy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb's egg white strawberry. Horrifying.
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    As a person who had to be on a liquid diet for nearly 6 weeks it is almost impossible to get enough protein in.

The worst protein drinks I ever had were:

Isopure

Unjury

You could not pay me enough to drink either one in ANY flavor!

I ended up with Body Fortress Chocolate or Vanilla. :) I throw mine in a Vitamix so it never turns out gritty or lumpy.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Never been a fan of any protein powders. Over priced, Tastes chalky. Ratio of other nutrients to get the protein is skewed.

honestly? How hard is it to get enough protein?

Surprisingly hard for me actually! I can get it a lot cheaper than meat, greek yogurt and such ^-^ getting 90g is a struggle some days xD

90? I usually eat more than that for my dinner. I try to get 225g a day, that can be tough sometimes. I don't know how the really big boys do it in the 300-400 range.
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    If it tastes bad, don't drink it!!!!!
  • tzaccario
    tzaccario Posts: 53
    Options
    If it tastes bad, don't drink it!!!!!

Couldn't agree more.. I don't care the benefits, if I can't swallow it without gagging it down.. Really rather find something else to take.
  • jennlowe66
    Options
    I've tried a ton and most aren't very good but I recently purchased Arbonne Essentials in chocolate and I love it! It has 20 grams of vegan protein and it tastes great! You mix it with 9 oz of water and I use some ice cubes. I also add 1 T of natural PB, 1/2 of a frozen banana and it thickens up like a milkshake. 170 calories before I add the PB and banana.
  • kcshutson
    Options
    Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey is pretty bad. I'm suffering through it but it tastes like soap.