What is the WORST protein powder you have had?

Options

Replies

• MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein made me gag.. I gave it away because I couldn't choke it down. Awful.

I only use Optimum Nutrition protein powders now.. They're definitely the best, in my opinion.

LOL I only use it in my cheesecake smoothies. I can do the chocolate flavor w/ almond milk just find.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This protein powder has been discontinued and I know why! Nobody likes it! Its Body Fortress super advanced Creatine High Performance Fruit Punch. We can't afford to throw it out so we mix it with some vanilla protein powder and frozen fruit like strawberries. It was on sale.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    ON - CHOCOLATE, NOT FOR ME - I drink Jillian Michaels now
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of any decent casein protein powder? Every one that I've tried was gross and turned to cement.....the six star chocolate casein was just barf!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of any decent casein protein powder? Every one that I've tried was gross and turned to cement.....the six star chocolate casein was just barf!

Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide 2.0, easily the best tasting casein
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I bought the Vega Protein powder in Chai and it tasted like sadness in my mouth parts :(
    It's not bad mixed with vanilla almond milk, but anything else, and yes the chai flavor overwhelms everything.
  • colleenieweinie
    colleenieweinie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    GNC women's mega active (milk chocolate) - i had to plug my nose and returned it the same day.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    They're all awful aren't they? Why all the sweet flavours? Yurck. I've got some unused Herbalife if anyone wants it
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Never been a fan of any protein powders. Over priced, Tastes chalky. Ratio of other nutrients to get the protein is skewed.

honestly? How hard is it to get enough protein?
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    I'm struggling through a bag of GNC Amplified Whey in Fruit Punch. It doens't really taste bad, but it fluffs up like crazy so its more like chugging foam than drinking something. Bought it for fruit smoothies, and it just whipped them up into a huge mess. I just use water and won't be buying this one again. I think my dad has me convinced to switch to Optimum Nutrition.
  • tzaccario
    tzaccario Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm struggling through a bag of GNC Amplified Whey in Fruit Punch. It doens't really taste bad, but it fluffs up like crazy so its more like chugging foam than drinking something. Bought it for fruit smoothies, and it just whipped them up into a huge mess. I just use water and won't be buying this one again. I think my dad has me convinced to switch to Optimum Nutrition.

GNC has a return policy.. Use under half a product and it can be returned if you are unhappy. Bad flavor (just say tastes rancid) they don't usually say much. GNC definitely isn't the cheapest but I always use them for the return policy and monthly sales
  • nakiarhall
    nakiarhall Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael Vanilla protein powder...gross gross gross
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will have to try it :)
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress? I think..walmart carries it. Tastes like random additives. ick
    and
    Vega, I think...a vegan one...tastes like the parts of vegetables you throw in the trash.
  • nvme2012
    nvme2012 Posts: 1
    Options
    unjury
  • Sunny_CA
    Sunny_CA Posts: 20
    Options
    Bump
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I just bought Pure Protein Vanilla Cream it's actually pretty good but i didn't blend it or mix it with anything besides milk and i got those yucky clumps. Gonna try to mix it with yogurt, or milk and fruit or something
  • TrudyLea
    TrudyLea Posts: 27
    Options
    I've had WLS so I've had a LOT of protein powder and ready mixes.

I can't stand any made by Syntrax Nectar ... YUCK - - Taste the way baby formula smells!

Love .... Click protien powder...and now it is caffeine free.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Anything unflavored. NIGHTMARES!
  • enaves1986
    enaves1986 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Musclemilk choclate, it made me feel bloated