CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
:heart: lOVE YOU GUYS
Marie

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,078 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marie, I knew you would handle this for us. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    All is well around here.

Gayla, I do hope you are doing better now. As soon as as I get my legs waorking right again I am going to check with the docter about my back. but firat I have to get my hand back in shape. I have a triggered finger and have put off about getting the shot in my hand but it is interfering a lot now. This is the third one I have had in the last 10 years. I guess our old bodies are just wering out. What do they plan on doing with your back.

We just heard that Jerry brother and his wife and who know who else are planining on coming down from Kansas Next week. Thats all I need right now. I told Jerry it will be up to him to take care of them. For I can't stand that long to cook for them. Jerry is still fixing my meals. and help me to get dress. I guess I had better get an e-mail sent up there and see what plans they have.

Barbie , you are getting us all off for a good month in June.
    I did not reach my goal in May.

ellen----Hey so glad you are back home and with a loss. thats good.

Beth---Busy , busy.

Elli---Another busy gal.

Jeffrey , I am sure you are busy.

Phoebe---Are you on your way back home yet?

BigG--- Did you watch the Nascar yesterday? I know you did.

Marie
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    hi marking my splt.
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Good Morning!

Rainy day here! We needed it. I am getting ready to work out now and see if the pictures I took yesterday came out and then see if I can upload them. I having been looking for work today but it is still real slim pickings. We had a good time yesterday at my newphew's graduation party. Good food but I over indulged! I will be paying for that in a little bit. Not too much else to report.

Sounds like everyone is busy! Have a wonderful day! More later!

Jeffrey
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Oh Marie - not such a great time for company for you is it? Good thing Jerry is so great about taking care of you and everything else:happy: It's hard having people around when you're not feeling 100%. I hope that all goes all right!

Gayla - i sure hope you're on the mend. Hope your kids can get that gardening done for you!

Sandy - we're all over it RIGHT??:angry::grumble: :angry: :grumble:

Beth? you hanging in there ok? My dil just informed me that we're down to 70 days left in her hubby's deployment! woo hoooooooo!

love you guys. elli
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Wow Elli, you lost another pound I am so jealous. :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

I have decided since this is a new month that I start over and stop lying to myself. The pound I gained I never lost so I am putting in back on my posts. :sad:

I am going to work harder and drink more water, I am determined. Today I did 30 minutes elliptical and 30 minutes Wii Active. The first day of the rest of my life. :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm going to return to my old rule that says that I can't do anything on MFP unless I drink a glass of water first. :laugh: :laugh:

:heart: :flowerforyou: Marie, thank you for getting this started. Can you ask your relatives from Kansas to do the cooking and cleaning while they're visiting you? If all of your friends from this thread came to visit you, we'd do all your chores for you.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: :heart: Sandy, this is a new month and a great time for new beginnings. June can be the month that you dump those last nasty pounds.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:heart: :flowerforyou: Elli----you lost another pound, now you have fewer of them to discard in June.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:heart: :flowerforyou: Jeffrey---I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures. Enjoy your unemployed time to get in those extra workouts.

It's time to cook lunch (our big meal)----turkey cutlets with a sauce of tomato paste, onions, and mushrooms, a big salad, and frozen green beans.

Have a great day:heart:
    Barbie
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    JUNE 1ST....A day I am going to get back on track....I have not been doing a very good job...Not following portion control as often.....so the scale and measuring cups on next to the stove...and will be used...

Yes I watched Nascar this weekend.....Both races were great....with surprise endings....Awesome racing...the way it should be done....

Been having Comcast problems which really stressed me out...but I think they got my problems fixed....at least they better have...

We have had yucky weather the past week....One day it was 102..and then that night thunder,lightning,high wind, rain and hail....It was something else....

Today it is about 84 with 32% humidity....I know that sounds low for most of you...but for use..it is kind of high.

Nothing exciting here with me....Just hanging around....playing on the computer....I wonder how many calories you burn while playing here...:laugh:

Hope everyone is having a good start to their week.....:flowerforyou:
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Thanks, Marie, for getting us going here.:heart::heart: :heart:
    Yes, Sandy's got the idea, let the company take care of you.

Looking at all your tickers, you all have got it altogether - a feew lbs left to go or, like 78, 51, 35 lost.
    It does inspire me, I CAN do it. Just keep going.

Goal for June - 5lbs down and that will be 63 to go!! :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Hope your back soon improves, Gayla. Is the physio helping? That kind of pain, I'm told, can really get to a person.

All the best to everyone.

Ellen
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi ellen----you can do it. you have made a great start. Keep doing what you are doing and those lbs. will add up before you know it. I am a slow loser but I keep , keep on going
    Marie
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    Oh here you are Marie, I just sent you an email as I was worried about your legs. My computer crashed and I wasn't on MFP for awhile. I can see that you are alive and kicking. I will just check in here from time to time to see that you are doing alright. Everyone seems so nice on this thread.
    Good idea Barbiecat about drinking a glass of water before allowing yourself to log in. I like that one.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Chowhound:heart: . Yes i just read your pm and was so glad to hear from you. How is the weather up there? A storm is on it way here. and we do have a bunch of very very nice people here. I am dying to see Jeffrey:heart: pictures . He has been promising me some pics as soon as he reach his goal. and he should be there by now. We are waiting Jeffrey.

Gayla:heart: and Phoebe :heart: have a wonderful day.

Barbiecat:heart: , Sandy:heart: , Elli:heart: , and,Jake:heart: , our active ones of the bunch. Jeffrey:heart: is the most active one.

ellen:heart: is losing good. and what a good job BiGG:heart: has done.

Beth:heart: is over in Aftg. working her butt off for us. Thank you Beth:heart:

gotta hop in the shower now before the storm roll in

:heart: Marie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Another gloomy day, so what's new? How am I supposed to get a tan with all this rain? :laugh:

Today is my card day, but before I go I plan on another hour of exercise, (hear me Elli?). I do love this new Wii Active I have, this trainer really works me. I do the bike or elliptical for cardio and I think it also helps my legs. :tongue: I did good yesterday and drank more water so I am really, really trying. :wink:

Hope everyone is well and most of you have sunshine, not only in your weather but in your lives. :flowerforyou:

Have a good day,
    Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sandy, You are doing a fantastic job. and you look great. Still trying to get a tan. Summer is just now getting here. I used to keep a tan by just getting out and hanging our clothes up on the line to dry. Of course I don't do that anymore. I would go to the washateria and wash them and bring them home and hang on the line. Don't do that anymore either. Washer and dryer in house now. I bet you remember those days too. And most all of the rest of you. remember those days too. No wonder we stay slimer then we work it all off. Now we have to exercise to get it off.

The rain is over so I think I will take off and get my harir cut.
    Marie
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Sandy - i HEAR you! I AM going to try and make it to the gym this afternoon, but i may have to go look at/pay for tile......i picked some yesterday but then there was a problem etc. etc............. I'm terrible at making all these decisions!:tongue:

I didn't actually lose a pound you guys - well, i guess i did lose it, but it was one that i had FOUND:laugh: So it's not like a new low or anything.........SO frustrating! But we'll get there. I did make my goal at Red Robin yesterday - no french fries and they ordered 2 orders of them for the table...Also i wrote down everything i ate - even tho i went over my calories a little bit. It game me some empowerment to meet those goals tho. I just seem to be hungry so much right now.......don't know what that's about!:noway:

Sorry - gotta run - so much going on! Have a great day guys - it's pouring rain here! elli
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    A good walk this am before it started to heat up. We are hotter this week than where my son lives in southern California. And the sunshine is glorious.

Homemade potato salad at the lake tonight with our neighbors is the way to stay cool and enjoy the evening.

The salad is with pots, eggs, green peas, green onions, no fat mayo, lite sour cream so shouldn't be tooo bad - that is, if one does not go overboard at the consuming end of things.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You have so little to lose, Elli that even few ounces will count.

Sounds like you are doing pretty well also Marie

Where is everyone else? Trust all is well.

Ellen:heart::heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Ellen, When I started MFP I had been planning my food ahead of time and sticking to the plan for about three weeks. I had lost four pounds. Gradually one day at a time, sticking to my plan, eliminating empty calories, adding exercise, and keeping in touch with:flowerforyou: the great people on this thread, I have lost a bunch more pounds. It's like that saying that the longest journey starts with a single step. You are making a great beginning to your journey. Keep up the good work.

I did 20 minutes on the stationery bike and drank a glass of water before I logged on tonight. Jake and I had a nice walk in the 78 degree heat at the dog park today. the dogs kept going and lying down in the shade.:laugh: :laugh:

Elli---don't quit five minutes before the miracle. you will shed those last pounds. :flowerforyou: Never,never,never give up.

Sandy:flowerforyou: enjoy working out indoors, the sun will be back soon enought:bigsmile: :bigsmile: All your exercise sounds great.

Marie you're right about how much more active people used to be years ago
    not all the TV, computers, two cars in every garage, etc. :laugh: :laugh:

Is everybody else outside enjoying the sunshine???

hugs:love::love:
    Barbie
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to pop in and say Hi to you all before I hit the sack. I am starting back to work tomorrow, likely a half day but who knows a miracle may happen and my energy may be back. The physio gave me instructions on what I could and couldn't do, more couldn't than could. The good part is it is better than last week this time so slow and steady wins the race I hope!
    Take care, I will be back for a longer post very soon. Gayla :smile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Gayla, You take it easy at work. Is there any way you can take an early retirement. Its not fair for Dave to be retired and you still having to go in. did your boys make it over to help you.? Jerry volunteer to do the garden this year. I still have me some containers of tomatoes, peppers that I take care of . I planted some little tomatoes that are surpose to be as s weet as strwberries, We shall see.

Hi to all the rest of you. I haven't really got back on my eating plan. But I will soon. WHAT AM I WAITING FOR????????

Marie
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Ok there are now 2 photos! One of me and one of Day and I. Don't you all be laughing! Talk to you soon. Work out time.