i'm getting a tattoo today

Options

Replies

• jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Yes it hurts. Take 3 200mg ibprofen. Dont take a blood thinner or drink alcohol. Get some unscented lotion to treat it for the next few weeks until it heals. You dont need the balm they will try to sell you, just get the lotion. ;)

P.S. Just remember stretch marks happen on hips.

Also, do not use lotion. The chemicals in lotion can interact with the ink. Use A&D ointment.

actually ... there are different schools of thought on this. i've used nothing but unscented lotion for the last 10 years.
    Meh, my two cents, A&D ointment is the worst thing you can put on a tattoo because it draws the ink out. At least it did on the two tattoo's I put it on. I've used nothing but cetaphil for my last 8-10 tattoos and they all look pretty good even over a year old (no fading yet).
  • Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • angelaclassact
    angelaclassact Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a butterfly on my hip....well it used to be a butterfly before I had kids.

FACT!
  • elysianashes
    Options
    17851214.jpg
  • _Dan_
    _Dan_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Snow, you're snowing us, lol! You already know the answer to your question, and I bet you're getting something much bigger than a butterfly and some stars!

but it's REALLY funny reading the real advice ppl who don't read threads are giving me.

trollin', trollin', trollin',
    keep those threads a rollin'

*snicker*
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    PSH. Suck it up buttercup...and make sure your artist not only smacks the final piece, but your *kitten* in the process
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Here's one I got on St. Patty's Day:

stpattys.jpg

Hurt like hell!

Sure hope 1) You were drunk; 2) You didnt pay for it; 3) it washes off.
  • elysianashes
    Options
    4) It worked
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure you will die....

We will hold a MFP trolling memorial for you on Monday. It will include threads about socks and tatoos (cause that is the real spelling yo). And maybe possibly one about trolls wearing socks getting a tatoo....
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I got one. I would say it is more uncomfortable than painful. Just take some aleve and do it!! You don't see the needle. The part I hated the most was the annoying noise!

The sound of a tattoo gun makes me instantaneously salivate, wet and hard-nipped. If there ever was an addiction for reals, I has it.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    lol, the one I just got was easy because I was talking to one of my students the entire time and it took my mind off the pain. but it was on my shoulder yours is going to hurt so Fuking bad
  • AddictedtoTattoos
    Options
    The only one that hurt was the poodle on my arm. And heres to the addicting part, I got my first 5 in one summer, and I'm getting another 4 within the next 2 months XD My brother is an artist, did all my tats, he's getting better.
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    since you have others, presume you're used to it? lol... peeked at your profile.:smile:
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    So here is a question. I have vines and flowers on my lower back. But now, I would love the vines to go up my spine....so would that hurt? ...snip...
    Yes, tattooing on your spine can be painful. Anywhere you tattoo close to bone (wrist, ribs) can be unpleasant. +1 for bones that are just housing enormous cables of nerve transmitters.

The worst part of my back art was the part over my spine.

Ok, semi-serious question here...I have thirteen.one on the back of my leg in Greek and I want to wrap around the front with twenty-six.two, but I'm more than a little concerned that it will hurt like hell when it hits what I guess is my tibia. Should I be worried? It's not very ornate or anything so it probably won't be right on top of the bone for long but still...
  • AddictedtoTattoos
    Options
    My shin and shoulders didn't hurt, the legs didn't hurt, and my friend just got a tattoo down the back of his leg that says Brotherhood from the knee to the ankle, he said it only hurt at his heel. To me fat hurts WAY more then muscle, so for me i try to stay to parts of my body that are less fatty.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have 3 --- they ALLLLL freakin HURT ... don't let anyone tell you otherwise... but it was ALL worth it for ME ;) .. Good luck ... be a trooper!!
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I have 3 --- they ALLLLL freakin HURT ... don't let anyone tell you otherwise... but it was ALL worth it for ME ;) .. Good luck ... be a trooper!!

Such a sweet person.

She's got a ton.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Ok, semi-serious question here...I have thirteen.one on the back of my leg in Greek and I want to wrap around the front with twenty-six.two, but I'm more than a little concerned that it will hurt like hell when it hits what I guess is my tibia. Should I be worried? It's not very ornate or anything so it probably won't be right on top of the bone for long but still...

Don't settle for something you don't really want because you think it will hurt less. I almost did that with the one on my chest. My artist said the chest was "an interesting place". I knew what he meant when he said that so I thought about getting it somewhere else. Then I thought "No. Fvck that. I want it on my chest." It only hurts for an hour and then you have it wear you want it the rest of your life.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    it's going to hurt like a B!@#$ *just sayin*-Ty have fun
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    it's going to hurt like a B!@#$ *just sayin*-Ty have fun

awesome, now I know what to look forward to when I finish P90x.

_snw_ "this thread is useless without pics of said finished tat."