I need something healthy to dip raw veggies in... Help?

Options

Replies

• NoMoreFatTony
    NoMoreFatTony Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Honey Mustard is good. Also, Frank's Sweet Chili Sauce!
  • kristyjoy16
    Options
    Low-fat (1%) cottage cheese w/lemon pepper seasoning stirred in! :)
  • thechubner
    thechubner Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I like veggies dipped in hummus. Yum!

This - hummus has protien, good fats, and is super yummy on veggies. My favorite is the hot & spicy
  • jumpin15
    jumpin15 Posts: 30
    Options
    Bump for later
  • cfox0404
    cfox0404 Posts: 1
    Options
    I like the natural lowfat ranch dip at walmart, it's markset side brand and located in the fresh produce area. It only has 40 kcals and a few grams of fat. I recommend it to my patients/clients very often and they love it!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Hummus (but check the label, because some are reallyyy high in fat. If you have trader joe's near you I recommend the roasted eggplant one, its delicious and has a really good protein to fat ratio).

Also, I know some people who buy the hidden valley ranch packet of seasonings and add some to greek yogurt or low fat sour cream.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the whole thread, so this might have been suggested, but I like Newman's Own ranch dressing with raw veggies. It comes in regular and light, I believe. And the ingredients are all in English. :)
  • RachelSDenman
    RachelSDenman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was very scared, but tried this on a friend's recommendation. I wouldn't have known it was cottage cheese if I hadn't been told in advance. 2TBSP = 37 calories.

1 16-oz container fat free cottage cheese
    1/4 cup skim milk
    1 packet Hidden Valley ranch dip mix

Directions
    Combine cottage cheese and milk in blender and mix until creamy. Stir in the packet of ranch dip and refrigerate and hour or so until flavors meld. One serving = 2 tbsp dip
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I also use powdered ranch dressing mix in Greek Yogurt. So much healthier and lots of protein !
  • spoulsen82
    spoulsen82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the whole thread, so this might have been suggested, but I like Newman's Own ranch dressing with raw veggies. It comes in regular and light, I believe. And the ingredients are all in English. :)

i did newman's own. also because the ingredients are simple. and because they aren't in it to make money...
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • cr9576
    cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ewwww hummus is gross lol well i dont like it...I eat evrything wtih LIME :) love it on my veggies well on most not all YuP Lime Salt and some Hot pepper powder :) idk maybe its because im mexican lol
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I hope this isn't a repeat:

I love hummus (okay, I KNOW that is a repeat, but read on....). I buy the Summer Fresh brand, and while I was looking through their products a few days ago in the store, I found a NEW product. Or at least it's new for us here. It is a LOW-CAL dip made from Greek yogurt. They have several flavours. And by low-cal, I mean it has the equivalent calories of LIGHT hummus (2 tbsps is only 40 cals). And it has more protein than most of the hummus around here too. That is certainly a good dip for raw veggies. I bought the jalapeno one, but there was lots to choose from.
  • 23Brandy
    23Brandy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think Sabra brand is the best.hummus. I like the spinach artichoke or sun dried tomato. I like to eat it on the Real Foods Corn Thins, too. www.sabra.com made me want to head to the store,
  • moebabies
    Options
    Greek yogurt with a little bit of Sriracha!! Sooo good. Refried beans is another good one : )
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I take a little container of plain chobani yogurt, and a packet of hidden valley ranch dry mix....I put maybe two tbsp of the mix into the chobani, mix it up, and VOILA! You have a healthy dip that you can truly indulge in...PLUS, it's non-fat and super high in protein! It's delish!

THIS!!

I use greek yogurt. You can pretty much eat it to your hearts content guilt free.

Also, if you want a spicy south of the border flavor, hidden valley has a 'fiesta' flavor...pretty good stuff.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I like veggies dipped in hummus. Yum!

^x2 there are many flavors also.
  • katiedidd66
    Options
    I use 1/2 cup of Fage' 0% greek yogurt, 1 tsp. of Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix and 1 tsp. of Hidden Valley Dill dry mix. It is yummy with any veggie. I use carrots, celery, peppers, sugar snap peas, broccoli, califlower, any veggie is yummy.
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump