Women hate me because I'm *too* beautiful

Options

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    This was a really interesting article to read. Here is the original: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html

It's not even about a woman saying this versus a man saying this. It's admitting that she knows she is beautiful and uses it to her advantage. Even though we all think it it's something to say it.

We can't tell her personality based on her photos. There are a few other photos of her in the article and I honestly don't think she's anything special. Just average I would say, which leads me to believe that it is more of her personality that attracts this attention, and her personality makes her prettier?

I honestly have disliked women because they're pretty. I'll admit it.

I'll say I'm a plain Jane and that I have had to be smart and funny to attract attention. I've never had a boyfriend, or even been kissed, even though I'm a really nice person. But people who are flighty, ditzy or annoying that I know have had that stuff because they're pretty. It does upset me some.

There are times where I'll be talking to a guy and a really pretty girl walks in and I think "forget it, I'll never have a chance with him" and just walk away.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    There is a fine line between confidence and conceit and yes...she crossed it!

Confidence is sexy!
    Conceit is a major turn off!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    She has under forearm fat, that's a deal breaker there. how do you even get that?

Ok, seriously...had to pause and check to see if I have under forearm fat.
    Nope! (whew...tough crowd)

I should have phrased that better, I mean she has loose under forearm skin, like a batwing but on her forearm instead of her upper arm.

Oh no, I knew exactly what you were saying! I still had to check though. I am not one of those women who stares in the mirror all day, so I honestly didn't know. lol :bigsmile:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    She's must put out. That's all I can think of.

Exactly THAT..whilst her co-workers do not.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Clearly you all also proved her point.

Arrogance may not be attractive, but neither is anything else being said about this person in this thread.
    Completely agree. A lot of women HATE when they think another woman feels prettier than she actually is (in their opinion). This is blatantly obvious across the entire thread.
  • ma34113
    ma34113 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hahah ...i needed that laugh....
  • mommamisty823
    Options
    she's not FUGLY or anything....but she's also not someone that I would look twice at. I asked my husband if he thought that she was pretty (without explaining the article) first thing he said was "ewww....snaggle tooth".
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Friends don't let friends read The Daily Mail.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Think about it...she's British....she's very attractive for a woman...over there....she has white teeth to start off...huge plus.....not trying to be rude :)

Of course not. How could ethnically based stereotyping ever be considered rude?

I have beautiful teeth. I'm British. Does that boggle your mind entirely?
    There are exceptions to every rule. It's not all bad actually. I saw a lot fewer overweight people when I was over there. When I saw the portions they serve in restaurants, I understood at least one reason why.
    If there are more than a few exceptions to the rule.. then the rule is crap.... and quite a chunk of the british population is overweight
    I'm just relaying my observations. There are less overweight people as a percentage there then there are here. I think the stats bear this out.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Well although I found that woman to be distinctly average looking and but her article makes her ugly on here are very rude about Brits.

As a Brit who at 30 has no dental cavities I'm offended, just because we aren't big on veneers but really aren't they just the same as fake boobs? Plus they make people look like horses. Plus a great number of people in the U.S. are of British descent anyway.

Meh, people wouldn't harp on Brits so much for "having bad teeth" if they came to the backwoods of our own country where there are so many chemicals and minerals in the drinking water that peoples teeth are stained brown... I know quite a few people with "brown" teeth and it wasn't completely for a lack of dental hygiene (though that definitely contributed)...
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    She looks good for her age and even if you dont agree, there is no need to make fun of her teeth and appearance. This is exactly what she is talking about and proves how vicious women can be. She isnt attacking you or putting down you, it seems she was just writing about her experience.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    There are times where I'll be talking to a guy and a really pretty girl walks in and I think "forget it, I'll never have a chance with him" and just walk away.

Your defeated attitude is the thing which is holding you back. :flowerforyou:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Clearly you all also proved her point.

Arrogance may not be attractive, but neither is anything else being said about this person in this thread.
    Completely agree. A lot of women HATE when they think another woman feels prettier than she actually is (in their opinion). This is blatantly obvious across the entire thread.

Quoted them both, b/c I couldn't decide which I liked better.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    This was a really interesting article to read. Here is the original: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html

We can't tell her personality based on her photos. There are a few other photos of her in the article and I honestly don't think she's anything special. Just average I would say, which leads me to believe that it is more of her personality that attracts this attention, and her personality makes her prettier?

I honestly have disliked women because they're pretty. I'll admit it.

I'll say I'm a plain Jane and that I have had to be smart and funny to attract attention. I've never had a boyfriend, or even been kissed, even though I'm a really nice person. But people who are flighty, ditzy or annoying that I know have had that stuff because they're pretty. It does upset me some.

Confidence plays a HUGE role in that... Clearly this woman is confident, and other people have picked up on that. Men find her attractive because she finds her self to be attractive.

You are not "plain jane", your self image just needs some tuning! When you acknowledge your own beauty, others will too.

Also, I really appreciate the honesty in your response.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    she has the "crazy eyes" for sure.

Totally.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Besides all this debate, the OP is a "pot stirrer", so you have probably made his day. Unless he is crying somewhere in a corner b/c his thread has been hijacked by logic.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Think about it...she's British....she's very attractive for a woman...over there....she has white teeth to start off...huge plus.....not trying to be rude :)

Wow thats you not trying to be rude?
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    she looks good for a brit.

uh oh.. pot has been stirred.

crap, i was afraid someone was going to go there... it's true, unfortunately, cept for MFP, I have lots of hot brit friends on MFP.

I think brits purposely put the ugly women on TV.... although i don't know why..... theories?

Omg! I don't think so... And I watch a few British Shows... Merlin, Doctor Who... Well ok, only two right now (besides Top Gear that has no female stars)...

i was thinking torchwood, mighty boosh, skins (british version), the one with the kids that get superpowers when struck by lightening.... dammit, i forget the name, i'd remember if any of their shows lasted LONGER THAN 3 SEASONS.... wth is with that? soon as I get into it they cancel the show.... oh, found it! Misfits! And Being Human!

i love british tv
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

If there are more than a few exceptions to the rule.. then the rule is crap.... and quite a chunk of the british population is overweight
    I'm just relaying my observations. There are less overweight people as a percentage there then there are here. I think the stats bear this out.

Depends what part of Britain you were in, no where near as much obesity as America but sadly Scotland has the highest levels of obesity in Europe ):
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    she looks good for a brit.

uh oh.. pot has been stirred.

crap, i was afraid someone was going to go there... it's true, unfortunately, cept for MFP, I have lots of hot brit friends on MFP.

I think brits purposely put the ugly women on TV.... although i don't know why..... theories?

I think we might just tend to put people on TV that can act rather than idiots that just look good.
This discussion has been closed.