Women hate me because I'm *too* beautiful

Options

Replies

• mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    She is OK....but if she feels she is "all that", then good for her. Her opinion of herself is all that really matters. I must add, that I for one, think Brits are hot!
  • healthbunny
    Options
    she looks good for a brit.

uh oh.. pot has been stirred.

Hey! As a Brit, I'm very offended by that. As you can see from my profile pic... oh, actually... sorry, as you were...

Now about that pot... just milk for me please, no sugar.

Being British I hope this is a pot of tea! I'll take mine with lemon, tally ho old chaps :wink:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    She looks good for her age and even if you dont agree, there is no need to make fun of her teeth and appearance. This is exactly what she is talking about and proves how vicious women can be. She isnt attacking you or putting down you, it seems she was just writing about her experience.
    :flowerforyou:
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Feeling offended as a Brit here - and no, I don't count myself as beautiful so no sarky comments! :P
    I'm pretty certain that every country in the World has beautiful and not beautiful people and if we want to get into American stereotypes, lets just say the words "slim","beautiful" and "clever" don't often score highly!

And a male version has already been done (as a joke response) which is very funny!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/apr/04/samantha-brick-hated-good-looks?CMP=twt_gu

And I don't think we deliberately put ugly people on TV. We just don't weed them out to delude ourselves that everyone looks pristine and perfect. We use real people. Shocker!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Clearly you all also proved her point.

Arrogance may not be attractive, but neither is anything else being said about this person in this thread.
    Completely agree. A lot of women HATE when they think another woman feels prettier than she actually is (in their opinion). This is blatantly obvious across the entire thread.

agreed & agreed

it's like whenever people detect a hint of arrogance or what we perceive to be over-confidence someone has to go in for the tear-down - put someone in their "place", so to speak
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Women hate me because I am too beautiful also. ha ha ha!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Besides all this debate, the OP is a "pot stirrer", so you have probably made his day. Unless he is crying somewhere in a corner b/c his thread has been hijacked by logic.
    He's a Daily Mail reader, and as such deserves no sympathy!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Must be SOOOOOOO hard being beautiful. I can feel her pain
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Besides all this debate, the OP is a "pot stirrer", so you have probably made his day. Unless he is crying somewhere in a corner b/c his thread has been hijacked by logic.

I think the lady who wrote the article is the biggest pot stirrer of all. She knew what kind of attention it would get her.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Alice Goodwin, British Super Hot!!!!!!

1000x500px-LL-cc86597c_Alice-Goodwin-Periodic-Table-of-Sex.jpeg

And I am not British, I am a southern girl! ;)
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    She looks better and she's a man!

8606324_600x338.jpg
  • ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    brit here, WAS feeling quite good about my 46 lb weight loss....
    bit surprised at tone of comments considering most of us are on here to try and improve ourselves in one way or another.
    Think that this women's self promotion has worked...as planned.
    sadly in promoting her, we may have made crass comments about each other, teeth, arms weight...interesting to read, a little surprising.

come on guys...
    now am off to buy brown paper bag to cover hideous gnashers which I have never noticed, but clearly must have, ...anyway beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    It's not jealously. Even if she was hideous I would still be annoyed by the fact that she assumes to know what other women think about her and that she doesn't even feign self-reflection in order to consider that maybe her looks aren't the only reason she's reviled. It's a poor attitude to have, no matter who you are.

And as for all the stereotyping going on on this thread... why bother getting upset? Either the person doesn't actually mean it and were joking, or they are too ignorant to realize that they are stereotyping (and that stereotyping is generally wrong or hurtful) and they have a whole other set of problems that need to be worked out. Let's all grow up a little, yeah?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Completely agree. A lot of women HATE when they think another woman feels prettier than she actually is (in their opinion). This is blatantly obvious across the entire thread.

This is really true also! This article sums a lot of things up well:

http://jezebel.com/5898848/yes-samantha-brick-is-obnoxious-but-the-daily-mail-is-trolling-us-all

In it, they say: "It basically screams, "HERE, TROLLS! DON'T YOU HATE THIS AWFUL *****? LOOK, SHE THINKS SHE'S BETTER THAN YOU BUT SHE ISN'T EVEN PRETTY!"

I thought that was such an interesting point.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

i was thinking torchwood, mighty boosh, skins (british version), the one with the kids that get superpowers when struck by lightening.... dammit, i forget the name, i'd remember if any of their shows lasted LONGER THAN 3 SEASONS.... wth is with that? soon as I get into it they cancel the show.... oh, found it! Misfits! And Being Human!

i love british tv

The actors in Torchwood aren't meant to be attractive, apart from gwen, but I don't like her :L The actors in skins and misfits are meant to look like normal teenagers rather than polished 25 year old actors playing kids. Skins has 6 seasons so far. Torchwood has had 5 now, which is good going for a spin off.

Hummm. Shameless is great and no one in that is attractive :L
  • laurenkoszola
    laurenkoszola Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    25200_1214567684329_1232910695_30982333_6281898_n.jpg?w=349&h=400

^^this is awesome! I can't look at it without laughing hysterically! :laugh:
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    Wow I didn't think british TV was seen.... well outside Britain.. love misfits!... which is saying something coz there's not really much eye candy there admittedly lol
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    My favorite comment from her article....

Is this an article written for April 1st? Unbelieveable! If it is serious, and the DM have actually paid for this load of pap, then I have a message to Samantha - Get over yourself dear, you're actually a lot less attractive than you evidently think you are. No doubt this will be explained away because I'm jealous, fat and ugly. -- JeannieJeannie, France, 3/4/2012 0:07
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    she looks good for a brit.

uh oh.. pot has been stirred.

crap, i was afraid someone was going to go there... it's true, unfortunately, cept for MFP, I have lots of hot brit friends on MFP.

I think brits purposely put the ugly women on TV.... although i don't know why..... theories?

Omg! I don't think so... And I watch a few British Shows... Merlin, Doctor Who... Well ok, only two right now (besides Top Gear that has no female stars)...

i was thinking torchwood, mighty boosh, skins (british version), the one with the kids that get superpowers when struck by lightening.... dammit, i forget the name, i'd remember if any of their shows lasted LONGER THAN 3 SEASONS.... wth is with that? soon as I get into it they cancel the show.... oh, found it! Misfits! And Being Human!

i love british tv

Oh and Robin Hood (though I caught that at the end of the third series)...
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't think she's conceited. I think she's just stating fact.

You don't have to have model looks to be considered beautiful by the everday people around you. And you ARE treated differently based on your looks. Women tend to treat you like dirt and men tend to treat you better.

Just the facts of life.
This discussion has been closed.