Is this work approriate?

Options

Replies

• Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I LOVE those shoes!! I think they're appropriate enough, but I think it's actually whether you feel comfortable in them or not that will matter. I'm a teacher and I'd wear em :)
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    As someone who relishes being inappropriately dressed at all times, I say wear them and turn some heads!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority here. Maybe it depends on the part of the country/world you live in. Small town, not very trendy...then probably not okay for work. HOWEVER, if you're in a more trendy, liberal area, I don't see the problem. I work in a hospital and wear shoes like that on a daily basis (hot pink stilettos with metal spikes today)!!

I live in an extremely liberal area and would not wear them to work. They're night on the town shoes, not office shoes.
    AGREED! Unless you have extremely open-minded managers--Those Spiked Pink Stilettos aren't saying MGMT Material.

I don't know, the female mgmt here are the ones wearing the flashy shoes. Us minions aren't allowed.....
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I don't like the shoes, but yes, you look fine.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I would wear them. But mind you I wear fishnet stockings....actually have some on right now...to work. You just have to know your work place.

Omg we need to be bff's. lol
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I would not wear them to work but I have a teaching collegue that would rock them....I would go for the same shoes in a hot coclor
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I work for the 1% in a major city and those shoes would get so many SQUEEEEs the office would sound like a pig pen :wink:

seriously... times have changed, people!
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I work for the 1% in a major city and those shoes would get so many SQUEEEEs the office would sound like a pig pen :wink:

Glad I'm not the only one who gets it!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    They don't seem professional to me, more like for going out.
    my thoughts too. cute though
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not appropriate for work. Out on the town though, AWESOME!
  • kludgood
    kludgood Posts: 172
    Options
    I think they could work for... uh... work if you wore them with slacks instead of a dress. Pants would tone down the shoes, and the shoes would dress up the pants.

I agree with this^^
    The shoes with the dress for work is maybe too much. Cute nonetheless!! :)
  • jaimebarth
    Options
    Not appropriate for a bank. If you worked in the fashion industry or an artistic type of environment.
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'd wear them. They scream more new years than street walker so in my book i deem that appropriate. I have more questionable 6inch black pumps. And i woiuld wear em. I bought them to wear with a dress so im wearing em!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, then you must know the answer. No.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I think it depends where you work...even the city itself. I personally would compliment you if I saw you in those shoes. Really pretty!!! :flowerforyou:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options

Glad I'm not the only one who gets it!

Also get it. My high school teachers often walked in flip flops or barefooted with shorts and some of my college teachers (at my home university) wear yoga pants and stuff too. ^_^
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Not appropriate for a bank. If you worked in the fashion industry or an artistic type of environment.

I've worked for several banks and have seen much louder and even higher shoes worn in the office. They're fine.
  • Irishmoonwitch
    Options
    I work at a bank and some of our personal bankers wear shoes like that. heck some of the tellers do as well. Me and heals don't work so well unless they are on boots. But more with slacks then with skirts. So maybe wear them when you wear a nice pair of slacks instead of the dress. :)

Enjoy your pretty shoes.
  • babybluefire
    babybluefire Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The style and even the color would be fine in matt or even a patent leather. But the sparkles are just a bit too much. I would adore that style in a red or black shiny leather.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Not for work. You could try a patent pair in a fun colour if you want a bit more individualism, but to me glitter heels scream "priscilla" not "professional".