Replies

• blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    No.
  • ShortInSeattle
    Options
    Two approaches:

1. Take a tiny portion and thoroughly enjoy it. Log it.
    2. Say "I can eat this OR I can lose weight this week. Which is more important?"
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Everything is okay in moderation.

:flowerforyou:
  • cookiemonster4403
    cookiemonster4403 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love love love love love bakery goods, hence my name. Just work it in to your calorie intake if you can. You're not alone!!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    You look at the cake and ask, "Is it really good cake?" If the answer is yes, you eat the cake, log it and move on. If the answer is, "Not my favorite kind" or "the person who made it isn't really a good baker" or "It looks a little stale", you move on :)

I used to eat all cakes, cookie, brownies, candies. Now, I still eat those things, but I'm waaaay pickier about them. The calories have to be worth it. If they are, I don't look back. If not, I don't eat it. I also sometimes take a bite, decide I don't really like it, and don't finish. At one time, I would have finished it just because it was there. I'm trying to get into a moderation mindset so I can maintain my weight, because a total denial one does not work for me long term. I think we all find our own balance.

I agree with this. I think of calories like money. I only spend money on things I think are worth it. Some cake is worth it for me (eg baked cheesecake, or chocolate mud cake), some isn't (sponge cake with cream). I also sometimes ask for half a slice instead of a whole one and eat it slowly and enjoy it.