Where do you workout?

Options
I workout at the Y. Is it the best of the best? No, but they have childcare and once a month they watch your kids for a parent date night.

The weight room is ok, not like something you get at Gold's, but it serves its purpose.

Replies

• jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I do my most of my workouts at home with my treadmill, weights, bands & just good old fashioned pilates & aerobics. I also walk every day at work, we have a huge complex that is perfect for brisk walks. I'm about to begin working out at our fitness park in town and will soon be checking out hubby's gym as a guest to see if I like it.
  • phillieschic
    Options
    My treadmill is in my basement. This godforsaken Jillian Michaels dvd crap is done on the first floor living room. Ugh. I hate her.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I was planning on starting P90X on May 1, but the thought of working out in my house (especially since I work a Virtual Office) turns me off...plus I dont want the sweat smell to invade the house...glade and fabreeze only goes so far.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness. Why? Well my husband used to spend a lot of money and went to a different gym where my sister was the manager at. I'd go with him on my days off but then she started charging me the $12 for a day pass. :happy: My husband got tired of it so he switched to PF and guests are free so it works out.

Is it the best gym in the world no but it suits our needs.
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    I live near a running trail and I try to run it at least 2 times a week. I go to a local gym that stays open 24 hours a day except for Saturday night/Sunday morning at midnight it closes and re-opens at noon on Sunday. They are a local chain.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    usually the gym near my house - it's on the college campus and owned by the university but it's a members only thing.

i also take walks around the neighborhood :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    At home or in the great outdoors.
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    when im not with my trainer ... i work out in my "basement gym"
  • FrecklesMo
    FrecklesMo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Same here ,...My elliptical is set up in the basement,. but the dvd player is in the living room where I do my 30DS .....i have a tv and watch netflix or listen to pandora....i love my lil set up down there
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I run 6 days a week. 3Xs on a nature trail around a lake and 3Xs on the road.

My strength training is done at the gym on the Army base I am stationed at.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    For weight workouts, pool, hot tub and treadmill runs, I go to Ballys once or twice a week. I do a bootcamp fitness class at my local running specialty store once a week and run with a running group that meets at the store and goes to a nearby park or trailhead...I've tried doing a few DVDs at home but I have a tiny one bedroom apartment so the only DVD workout that really works there is my yoga DVDs lol...
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    At home or in the great outdoors.

This.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I like to change things up a lot, and I don't have a gym membership. My apartment complex has a treadmill and an elliptical that I use 1-2 times/week, I run outside in a few different places, I do videos in my living room or at my fiance's house (different videos at each place), and I have access to the gym at my university but I haven't used it in a while. I'll be back there a lot this summer when it is too hot to run outside.
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Outside as much as possible (which is most of the time - running & biking) and indoors at fitness classes or at my trainers place
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill and some equipment for bodyweight training at home, and i'm slowly collecting commercial quality machines (as my gym upgrades) in my garage. However, 90% of my workouts are at the gym, a personal training studio where i've been going for the past year.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Mostly on the streets, trails, and lakes in my town. I run, cycle, snowshoe, and kayak a lot.

I have gym access thru my insurance so I have a membership at Snap Fitness but the one closest to me is basically the off-season gym for the high school football team. They're a riot, but I was once their teacher and I think it's safe to say we all make each other uncomfortable. I'm going to check out the YMCA this weekend, it's a bit further than I'd like to drive (maybe 4 miles) but they have a pool and group fitness classes, which Snap does not.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    You name it, I will workout there!

Home gym, great outdoors, high school track and play grounds. I also have two memberships, the Y just for the pool, and Mountian side fitness (they have a rock wall and a boxing ring).
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have a Goodlife Fitness I can go to without going outside. That said, I've recently cancelled my membership because I just wasn't going. I live in a neighbourhood with so many wonderful places to run and walk that I just couldn't force myself to stay inside. So my gym is the myriad parks, streets and trails of Toronto.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I work out at Planet Fitness. I certainly don't love it, but it's cheap and it works for now. The worst part is the smell. I wish they had stricter rules on personal hygiene/dress code. I've been a member of several gyms and never encountered this before. The place almost always smells like sweaty balls. To the point where it's nauseating.. and I have a pretty high tolerance for gym odors.
  • DesireeBrown13
    Options
    I work out at my house, my sisters house, and 24 hour fitness. I do mostly cardio exercises. I need to learn some exercises that strengthen my back muscles. I have disc degeneration and by strengthening the back muscles, it decreases back pain.