Healthtrax - its awesome!
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Bootcamp 3x a week for 90 minutes, gym and Insanity outside
  • spinn477
    spinn477 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I work out at Planet Fitness. I certainly don't love it, but it's cheap and it works for now. The worst part is the smell. I wish they had stricter rules on personal hygiene/dress code. I've been a member of several gyms and never encountered this before. The place almost always smells like sweaty balls. To the point where it's nauseating.. and I have a pretty high tolerance for gym odors.

LOL about the sweaty balls, there is a smell there sometimes....I guess I never associated with that particular smell ;).
  • simonsaysso
    simonsaysso Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    At home- We have a treadmill in the basement
    Outside - At the High school track or at the rec center where they have a trail
    Gym - I belong to WOW (work out world) but i don't get there too much

I try to mix it up!
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    YMCA for me. I love all the variety they offer...the workout centre, pool, different classes. I love playing badminton during the drop in times on Sundays. When my kids are in their swimming lessons I utilize the time to either go to the gym or swim laps. They have so much variety!
  • peacemerc
    peacemerc Posts: 18
    Options
    Monday mornings---swim and stationary bike at 24 hour fitness
    Monday evenings---group X class (either turbokick or bodypump) and strength training with my wife
    Tuesday mornings--elliptical trainer at 24
    Tuesday evenings--cycling and running bric workout with tri group at Griffith park (LA Zoo)...flat and fast
    Wednesday mornings--swim and rowing machine at 24
    Wednesday evenings--group X class (turbokick or bodypump) and strength training with my wife
    Thursday morning--basketball and sprints at 24
    Thursday evening--cycling and running bric workout with tri group at Bonelli Park...hilly
    Friday morning--swim and stationary bike at 24
    Friday evening--group X class (turbokick or bodypump) and strength training with my wife
    Saturday morning--5K trail run behind the house (if no race)
    Saturday rest of day--Outdoor adventure with family (changes every week) ZOO, aquarium, park, whichever
    Sunday afternoon--wife swim lessons at 24 after church then family and friends easy bike ride

And yes I do have to workout this much along with a healthy diet to lose/maintain weight..hurray for a slow metabolism
  • Asavitzk
    Asavitzk Posts: 66
    Options
    The Koko Fit Club gym either near my office or near my house. Love it, love the staff.
  • gatormonkey
    Options
    I work out at 24 hour fitness. Works well as I can go to the gym at 5 am (if I want to)
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    At home but something has to give, and it is not working.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    My nearest Virging Active gym. I love the variety of classes.

Sometimes walking and running outside.

I teach some sports and dance lessons at school during term times.
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My treadmill is in my basement. This godforsaken Jillian Michaels dvd crap is done on the first floor living room. Ugh. I hate her.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Too Funny!

I workout at the Y
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Slim Gyms in the City of London mostly, occassionally at their sister gym Market Sports at a weekend, my front room or the streets (I run sometimes).

What a great name for a gym. I work out at Aspen Fitness. It's a new gym, it's very clean & plenty of cardio machines & weights. Once you get past the initiation fee, it's only $9.99 a month for the basic membership. If you want to take classes or personal training it costs extra per month.
  • OrganicPopcorn
    Options
    lol
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    LA FItness. I have something better nearby, a full family friendly racquetball/health club. I did a trial membership and LOVED it, but they charge $80 freaking dollars a month. LA Has a great strength training area, classes, the pool, and tons of cardio equipment for half the price of the better health club. Yeah there are cheaper places, but they really don't have what I want and the Y around here isn't any less expensive. It's also less than 2 miles from my house he he. I used to do the elliptical in the living room thing, but i didn't stick with it. It got boring. Because I pay to use the gym, I can't "waste" the money so I make sure I go. Just not self-motivated to work out at home.
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Mama O's gym. My treadmill and free weights are in a corner of my garage. I have a blanket that I spread out on the belt of my treadmill for weight lifting that requires laying down. My ipod supplies the music as well as my cd player with remote control to change songs/volume etc. so my workout is continuous. With garage doors open I focus visually on the great outdoors. Doesn't get any better than the great outdoors!
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    @ Home, in basement gym. Some simple things, some not: Dumbbells, Power Rack, Adjustable Dumbbells, Barbells, Couple Barbell Special Types, Plates, Cheapy Functional Trainer, Treadmill, HyperExtension, Leg/Curl Machine, Lat Machine, etc etc. I hate public gyms, ... I am self motivated exercise wise at home, nutritional..eh..working on it.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    <--- in my home gym!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    In my living room, or garage because that is where my elliptical is stored. I am proof that you don't need a gym to get in great shape.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    In my garage - Bowflex, balance ball, pilates chair, dipping station, mini trampoline, free weights
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    With weights, outside in my backyard :)

...until it gets to winter and starts raining a lot. Then I move indoors :D