Where do you workout?

Options

Replies

• melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The Y!! Love it, family oriented, child care, classes, and tons of groups/activity. I work out at home some too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I workout at a Wellness Center. I get to see a mix of all types of people and love it. How often do you see people on oxygen tanks trying to exercise? Or people who need assistance trying to walk around to each piece of equipment to workout after having a stroke or heart attack? We get to help people who are recovering from major physical trauma as well as the regular crowd.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Bruinsmama
    Bruinsmama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    We have a treadmill, elliptical, and stationary bike. Plus free weights. So I workout at home, or I walk & play street hockey with my 9 year old.

When it gets warmer we also have a pool so I can add swimming!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Orlando Barbell. Small strength-geared gym with ridiculously strong guys that I aspire to be on par with one day.
    I do my running outdoors. I'm going to regret that a bit when it gets closer to Summer. Florida sucks.
  • MrsCanuck
    MrsCanuck Posts: 16
    Options
    At home or in the great outdoors.

This.

Me three.
  • nancy2333
    Options
    I workout at home. I do 20 minutes of Zumba every other day, walk and tone at the fitness center in my complex. Being 68, Zumba is a challenge but its so much fun. The results of all three are a well balanced program.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Perfect day is a combination of at home and at Gold's Gym. I'm tempted to get a treadmill at home, but since I work from home already I think I need to not take away anything else that gets me out of the house for awhile!
  • priescm
    priescm Posts: 95
    Options
    At home, outside, but more often at one of the gyms on the military base I live at. I like to use the track if I run (or run on this fancy shmancy path along a river), but use the gym or aerobics center for everything else...for the most part. I have plenty of things at home, but I like to make pretend competitions with the people at the gym...and it's free to use and .2 miles from my house so I might as well use it.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    In my living room
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Ab ripper X and Stretch X at home, LA Fatness (shrug) for most everything else. I don't pay the membership fee and it's close so it works, otherwise I would go somewhere else. Run inside and out.
  • CherylAnne1988
    Options
    i work out at home, turbofire
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I workout at Golds Gym, the place is huge and awesome.
  • SaundraM2009
    SaundraM2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My living room!
  • USMCConditioning
    Options
    95% of my workout is in my apartment complex gym. I have learned to make it work, everything else is outside.
  • yepitsjen
    yepitsjen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My treadmill is in my basement. This godforsaken Jillian Michaels dvd crap is done on the first floor living room. Ugh. I hate her.

I hate her SO MUCH. My daughter is usually on the computer as ol' Jillian is running me through the drill. She gives me encouragement by saying things like, "Is that lady CRAZY? She's telling you to *WHAT*? Look, Mom, you did it!"

It helps to have a cheerleader who also hates her.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My treadmill is in my basement. This godforsaken Jillian Michaels dvd crap is done on the first floor living room. Ugh. I hate her.

Ha! I'm about to start 30 DS and I actually told my husband... "you know, my hatred for that woman, and the level of annoyance she brings me MAY make me angry enough to push through the pain."

I just find her annoying. I know a lot of people love her. Many of my friends idolize her... she annoys me.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I have a membership at the Y. They are pretty good. My only complaint is that they don't offer enough for children my sons age who is 12. They came up with classes for 6 to 13 but thereb hasn't been much interest and the Y hasn't been reliable with it. My son is old enough to explore the Y on his own but I perfer supervision so it does cause me some stress if they don't keep their word. Today, he is going to get an orientation to use the cardio so I will be working out to mom mom mom. ;)
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    SnapFitness. I've heard some people say that it's too small for their liking, but it definitely gets the job done for me. The fact that it's small means you get to know a lot of people, and everyone's super friendly.

I worked out at the Y for a bit too. I was happy with that, but it's just too far from my house now.
  • yepitsjen
    yepitsjen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I do most of my work outs at home. I go to my friend's house and run on her treadmill at least once a week, do a weekly fitness class with a personal trainer, pilates and Jillian Michaels at home, and when it's nice out, I put on my roller skates and do a 4-6 mile outdoor path along the water.

Yes, rollerskates.
  • jackiesaurus
    jackiesaurus Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    There's a Bally's-turned-LA Fitness (still paying Bally's prices, yeahhh) across the street from my apartment, at Marina del Rey 10 minutes away, and next to my work office building. I needed convenience, otherwise I knew I wouldn't go. When it was a Bally's I hated going because it was not taken care of very well. Now it's clean AND full of good looking people. My lady friends and I love their yoga classes and treadmills at the marina location...view of the water! Inspiring for taking long walks after :)