Where do you workout?

Options

Replies

• ldmaking
    ldmaking Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I spend a lot of time with my personal trainer, Molly, an Old English Sheepdog/Border Collie puppy, doing cardio outside. Then, to mix it up, I hit the local gym for weights and more intense cardio.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    DVD's are done in the basement or in my tiny bedroom if someone is in the basement and I'm too embarrassed to workout in front of them.

And I run outside.
  • maries2029
    maries2029 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I workout at home mostly because I live in the country and don't have a gym close by anymore like a YMCA with childcare. It's very hard to stay on track because after working all day I go home and just want to relax and eat. But I'm having to force myself to workout on the treadmill and use the weights. I'm thinking about trying the Jillian Michaels DVD's but I'm about 50lbs overweight. Any recommendations? Have any of you tried her program or is there a better one out there?
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    PLANET FITNESS! its a great gym.....$10 a month .....cant beat that..... when I first joined the staff was not very friendly...one day I ask them to buy a small E-Z curl bar for the Smith machine and the girl told me to do the online survey and request it...I did the survey and it asked about the friendliness of the staff so I put my honest evaluation....said they were just plain rude.....well i didnt know the email went right back to my gym...HA! the next day the whole dang place was falling all over themselves being nice and talking to me...

I guess the eval went to the home office too...so funny...

anyway its a great gym that is so clean and has great equipment.....

try it you will like it.....
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I workout at a Gold's Gym. It's pretty good and they have essentially everything I need. I still think they have too many machines, too many calf raise machines for sure, and 2 too many Smith Machines. Need more power racks.

Edit: Oh yeah, and we can Deadlift in piece without people getting all uptight about a little weight slamming.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    usually the gym..
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Do all of my P90X, x2, Insanity, in my home gym........and I go to Golds to do Body Combat/Pump
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I want to use a gym but there aren't any that I know if that are cheap AND offer childcare.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Anytime Fitness, my mini home gym in the laundry room, and out of doors. I mix it up a lot.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    In my apartment, outside, at school/gym, and when I am visiting back home on the beach!
  • Kmw2136
    Kmw2136 Posts: 2
    Options
    I work out at the Y, but need to dedicate more time. Really nice place
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I lift weights and do hiits in my basement. I run outside all over my town ( and a couple of neighboring towns ). I go to spin class at a nice little studio a couple miles away from where I work.
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    One of the 24hr fitness centers between my 84 mile home to work drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I work and workout at Gold's Gym :smokin:

EDIT: And any park that allows dogs
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Slim Gyms in the City of London mostly, occassionally at their sister gym Market Sports at a weekend, my front room or the streets (I run sometimes).
  • kbf2107
    kbf2107 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I work out on the 16th floor of one of the dorms on campus. The BEST view of the Manhattan skyline. Very inspirational.
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My apartment, the comm gym, the base gym, outside, in the fitness exercise room...in the bedroom....everywhere!!!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    At home or in the great outdoors.

Me too - I have my garage converted to a gym of sorts, my treadmill & rowing machine are in the basement.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    2 bootcamp sessions per week outdoors or at a kungfu studio. 1 week-end workout session at home, depending on what my trainer sends me for homework. 45 min of brisk walk or jogging everyday.
  • OrganicPopcorn
    Options
    I just got a membership at the Y yesterday!