Where do you workout?

Options

Replies

• leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    At home with free weights, running outside on sidewalks and bike lanes with or without ankle/wrist weights.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I liked GymBumz (les mills) when I lived in Lansing but now I get to work out at the fitness center at the university I attended. I still have my Student ID so its still free.
  • mrswoc
    mrswoc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We live on an Army post in Alaska and I usually work out at the PFC (Physical Fitness Center). And usually its at 5:30 AM when most of the Soldiers are getting their PT in. I have found that working out when its mostly soldiers is actually easier than when its mostly spouses, they seem less critical or don't notice at all, though some are very encouraging!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Fitness 19.
    It's like 2 minutes from my house... I used to work there so I'm paying next to nothing. Also at my college... But the equipment there is ancient :P
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I work less than a mile from a greenway. I rollerblade 5 miles or walk 2 during my lunch break. I would prefer to just rollerblade but I'm trying to build up my callouses so my Five Fingers don't give me blisters when I hike. They're the most comfortable shoes I've ever had but if I try to hike without building up my callouses, I'll have blisters on top of blisters. Literally. I'll get multi-level blisters.
    I also work out in my living room. I either play xbox kinect games or do a JM DVD.
    I know myself well enough to know that I would never go to an actual gym. It's hard enough to get myself to workout when all I have to do is walk downstairs. There's no way I'm going to put on shoes and drive somewhere to be miserable.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. My treadmill and eliptical are in the living room. I have to sneak in my workouts while my 1.5 year is napping. It's challenging, but it can be done :)
  • jleslie66
    jleslie66 Posts: 31
    Options
    Santa Clarita Valley Athletic Club, and various hiking trails around Southern Califonia!!
  • silvermane7682
    silvermane7682 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    50 min 3x a week at Tae Kwon Do school and bike the neighborhood wish we had a nature trail close by!!
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have a home gym, do my DVDs in the living room though, more room to spead out.
  • daughter_of_a_hungry_ghost
    Options
    At home and outside. During Study Hall or Lunch Time at my school I usually could workout during those times too.
  • Karstenf
    Karstenf Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    All over. My schedule is constantly changing, so I have to be flexible if I want to get a good workout. I'm a member at Planet Fitness (open 24 hours), so this is where I normally go, right now 6 days a week. My "garage gym" consists of an elliptical machine, stationary bike, free weights and bench with leg extension, and a heavy bag. My wife and kids interrupt me alot when I'm in there, though, so haven'tbeen using it much. My old roomate goes to OneLife, and sometimes we workout together, so I go as his guest. I really like Planet Fitness the best because I go at 5 am, when there's like another 10 people there, so no wait for weights.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    I have my own home gym
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    I train at Body Lines Health Club
  • marticapitt
    marticapitt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I prefer the gym (RetroFitness) but my living room and the workout room at my complex do the job too.
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I workout at home in my work office / exercise room...laptop for Jazzercise & exercise bike. Also like to golf and walk in the neighborhood when I can.
  • MissArielLauren
    Options
    In my living room ;] lol
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    At home with my bowflex and treadmill, pool (in the summer), I walk on a trail behind my house and others not to far away. I'm starting water aerobics at the Y in a week or so and I work out wherever I go camping at. Tonight I ran out of time and options so I actually walked inside Walmart! lol You do what you have to do. :)
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Either on the mean streets of Smyrna, GA or the fitness center at the community center. (At $50/year, it's an awesome deal)!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    My company has a small fitness room for all employees to use and showers in the bathrooms next to the fitness room. I usually spend my lunch break in there and eat at my desk while working.
  • hvpooly
    hvpooly Posts: 39
    Options
    I workout at the Y because it's affordable, they have child care and everyone is nice. Plus I workout at home whenever I can't make it to the Y or don't feel like I've had enough time there. I have an elliptical machine in my bedroom and my Iphone has become a great tool with all the great exercise apps.