What Kind of things PISS you off on MFP?

Options

Replies

• sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    the people that compare "alternative" lifestyles to bestiality. I have seen it at least 4 times. YET i still haven't reported anyone. *shrugs*
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Christians.

Edit: not the fact they are Christians, more so the fact that they feel they need to include it in their forum posts. Baby Jesus doesn't care about your weight loss struggles. He doesn't give you the strength to say no to eating obscene amounts of food that isn't good for you.

If you want baby Jesus to help you lose weight, get skinny the way he stayed skinny. Live in poverty, don't have toys that prevent you from doing exercises, walk from town to town working for him and depend on the kindness of strangers for your meals and shelter.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    People who post profile pictures of specific body parts only ;)
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    the people that compare "alternative" lifestyles to bestiality. I have seen it at least 4 times. YET i still haven't reported anyone. *shrugs*

i think that you should report posts such as that. They are insulting and the very height of ignorance. Only when people see that such comparisons are unacceptable will they slowly begin to change. Until they do, I would report them any and every time I see them. You can bet your bippy that the majority of them would report even a whiff of what they'd consider blasphemy.

I was kind of a live and let live sort of poster, but I have come to accept that my use of language often causes people to report me. Thus, I report people who use similar language based upon the guidelines of the forums.

A post such containing the kind of slur you mention is a blatant violation of both of the following guidelines:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
    No derogatory references to sex, gender, ethnicity, religions, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

If someone like me whose every third word is a curse can manage to conmtrol that in the forums, it's not too much to ask people to be resonably respectful of others there.
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options

i think that you should report posts such as that. They are insulting and the very height of ignorance. Only when people see that such comparisons are unacceptable will they slowly begin to change. Until they do, I would report them any and every time I see them. You can bet your bippy that the majority of them would report even a whiff of what they'd consider blasphemy.

I was kind of a live and let live sort of poster, but I have come to accept that my use of language often causes people to report me. Thus, I report people who use similar language based upon the guidelines of the forums.

A post such containing the kind of slur you mention is a blatant violation of both of the following guidelines:

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

No derogatory references to sex, gender, ethnicity, religions, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

If someone like me whose every third word is a curse can manage to conmtrol that in the forums, it's not too much to ask people to be resonably respectful of others there.

Whaaaaaaaaaa! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Want a tissue?
  • SwannySez
    Options

When you are not at your desk I fart on your chair.
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options

When you are not at your desk I fart on your chair.

Is that what that is? I thought it was Joe's gym bag..LOL
  • Six6xiS
    Six6xiS Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    People that think that it's a joke to put people down. Again, I thought this was a forum, not secondary school. Thought I left that behind years ago. Obviously not.

When you get upset about what someone says on a forum it's called getting troll'd. Getting upset feeds the trolls. DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options

like their eyes? lol
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options

like their eyes? lol

;)
  • JBlunt22
    JBlunt22 Posts: 12
    Options
    Being thin does NOT equal beautiful. BEAUTY COMES IN ALL SHAPES AND SIZES!

agreed!

also you have done amazing!! Just wanted to let you know!

http://pinterest.com/pin/260997740875081928/
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    1. hijacking - especially to topics that are prohibited, and inflammatory
    2. trolling
    3. people who think overweight people eat past the point of pain on a regular basis and that is the cause of the excess weight, because it is not.
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Nothing.. actually I enjoy using MFP daily.. sometimes hourly... ok I am addicted, but its a healthy addiction to being healthy. I also like "hovering" around in forums, I don't post replies a lot, but I do like reading what everyone has to say, a lot of things are funny to me that dont seem that offensive, if it is offensive or rude or just stupid- report them. But dont make the rest of our lives here on MFP miserable..

*shrugs*
  • SwannySez
    Options
    Also, people who post a topic and then attempt to control the discussion that ensues. This is a public forum. If you want control over what people say and how they respond, create a blog and post it there so you can moderate the comments. Otherwise, accept that when posting something in a public forum you will get a wide-variety of responses - many of which may very well upset you or cause intense sphincteral agony.

*Edit* Uh, Brett, I thought it was my turn to use the brain this morning.

Give it back man! People at work are asking me things and head not work so good when skull part empty.

Ok, fine. But I will need it back for a few hours after lunch.
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options

Will do ... that's where I got in trouble for the "You have the right for your opinion and I have the right to tell you how f*&^ing stupid it is"...

so instead I created this little gem.

editedagainforPC.jpg
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    Absolutely nothing!!!

I don't allow anyone outside of my family to piss me off, life is too short to let other people and their actions affect me:drinker: Plus I understand sarcasm; it is necessary in order to understand the boards :)

I'm f-ing annoyingly happy all the time, it's just how I roll:) I'm sure it helps that all my friends kick *kitten* too!!!
  • SwannySez
    Options
    Absolutely nothing!!!

I don't allow anyone outside of my family to piss me off, life is too short to let other people and their actions affect me:drinker: Plus I understand sarcasm; it is necessary in order to understand the boards :)

I'm f-ing annoyingly happy all the time, it's just how I roll:) I'm sure it helps that all my friends kick *kitten* too!!!

I would expect nothing less of someone with TBDBITL in their ticker.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    People generating negative forums with no value to this site...Like this one......This is not Youtube, it's not Facebook, and forums and discussion topics should focus ONLY on good health.
    Focusing on what we dislike is a waste of time and energy, AND self-limiting...Life's too short.
    0de1a91f-c325-425a-bfa7-c10324e6f72f.jpg

haha
  • Its_All_Kung_Fu
    Options
    People going into the CHIT-CHAT, FUN AND GAMES section of the forum to complain about threads relating to chit-chat, fun or games.

There's a whole section of the forum for fitness and exercise. Another for Motivation/Success Stories/Recipes...all it takes is a bit of reading comprehension.

Congratulations on your weight-loss. That's truly inspiring.

OK: your point is taken, so I'll change my "pisses me off" to "The fact that MFP Forum has a useless and potentially damaging topic such as "chit-chat/fun and games" for the petty people to indulge in their "hates", dislikes" and "pisses me off" habits.

Negative thinking is negative thinking...Calling "chit-chat/fun & Games" doesn't make it a good thing, a positive thing or a valubale conversation..
  • SwannySez
    Options
    People going into the CHIT-CHAT, FUN AND GAMES section of the forum to complain about threads relating to chit-chat, fun or games.

There's a whole section of the forum for fitness and exercise. Another for Motivation/Success Stories/Recipes...all it takes is a bit of reading comprehension.

Congratulations on your weight-loss. That's truly inspiring.

OK: your point is taken, so I'll change my "pisses me off" to "The fact that MFP Forum has a useless and potentially damaging topic such as "chit-chat/fun and games" for the petty people to indulge in their "hates", dislikes" and "pisses me off" habits.

Negative thinking is negative thinking...Calling "chit-chat/fun & Games" doesn't make it a good thing, a positive thing or a valubale conversation..

And yet, here you are contributing to it. Hunh.