Thigh Gap?

Options

Replies

• Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    Still at 220 and I have a thigh gap... but I am built apple shaped. Skinny butt, legs and thighs with a gut and boobs. I hope the rest of me thins here soon since so far it all my 41 pounds seems to have come off my already small lower half.

Went from a xl or size 18 to a med/ L 14 and everything just hangs off my nonexistant butt. No good! Down from a 2X top to a plain XL but still akward.

Maybe you are just built with thighs and an a**.... If so I am jealous!
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Okay, I still have almost 30lbs to goal weight, but my thighs BARELY touch, so I think when I get down to my goal weight, I'll have a small "thigh gap". You don't have to be extremely underweight to achieve a thigh gap, and it has a lot to do with how you're built. Generally you need a pretty wide hip frame. I have MEAT on my legs, and have always had muscular thighs because I was in soccer and cheer all my life. That being said, at your height weight, it seems like you just won't achieve it, sorry.

But for those people saying you can't be healthy and have a thigh gap are just plain misinformed.

Doesn't look underweight to me...

You dont have to be underweight to have one, unless you are not genetically predisposed to.

I put this because a lot of people are mocking the OP and saying she must have an ED, and that the only way it'll happen is if she's underweight, etc, etc.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    What should I eat to get a thigh gap? Like how much, and what kinds of food. I'm 5 foot and 100 pounds.

You are small and thin, so it might be a matter of thigh muscle. Some woman reduce the amount of leg exercises to shrink the muscles and create the gap.
  • Annecook1256
    Options
    We're almost the same! I'm 5'0 98 lbs. I don't have a thigh gap either :( Which is weird because my hips are wide. I do have huge thighs though. All you can do is have a lower BF % and pray that you have the genetics.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Okay, I still have almost 30lbs to goal weight, but my thighs BARELY touch, so I think when I get down to my goal weight, I'll have a small "thigh gap". You don't have to be extremely underweight to achieve a thigh gap, and it has a lot to do with how you're built. Generally you need a pretty wide hip frame...

Not necessarily. Whether or not you naturally have a thigh gap at a healthy weight has to do with the totality of your build, including the structure of your legs, your musculature, and fat distribution.

Generally speaking I think women with naturally curvy pear or hourglass builds have the most difficult time achieving a gap at a healthy weight. If you have well developed thighs then you need wider hips to get a gap. Apple shaped women seem to be more likely to have one, and stringy muscled, long limbed women like me who haven't been blessed with much in the way of curves are more likely to have one even when moderately overweight. That's not a desirable trade-off in my opinion, but there's nothing I can do about it. Scrawny thighs run on both sides of my family.
  • lwagnitz
    Options
    Okay, I still have almost 30lbs to goal weight, but my thighs BARELY touch, so I think when I get down to my goal weight, I'll have a small "thigh gap". You don't have to be extremely underweight to achieve a thigh gap, and it has a lot to do with how you're built. Generally you need a pretty wide hip frame...

Not necessarily. Whether or not you naturally have a thigh gap at a healthy weight has to do with the totality of your build, including the structure of your legs, your musculature, and fat distribution.

Generally speaking I think women with naturally curvy pear or hourglass builds have the most difficult time achieving a gap at a healthy weight. If you have well developed thighs then you need wider hips to get a gap. Apple shaped women seem to be more likely to have one, and stringy muscled, long limbed women like me who haven't been blessed with much in the way of curves are more likely to have one even when moderately overweight. That's not a desirable trade-off in my opinion, but there's nothing I can do about it. Scrawny thighs run on both sides of my family.

I don't know if I'm missing something, but that's kind of what I just said? Right? That it has to do with how you're built..
  • llkilgore
    Options

I don't know if I'm missing something, but that's kind of what I just said? Right? That it has to do with how you're built..

Yep. But a lot of people are saying "wide hips" and I'm not sure that's the best predictor of a natural thigh gap.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Myth Buster: :tongue:
    I'm a pear/hour glass. There's a 12 inch difference between my waist and my hips. Don't think it can get much worse then that. Even when I was 30 lbs heavier I still had it.
  • llkilgore
    Options

Myth Buster: :tongue:
    I'm a pear/hour glass. There's a 12 inch difference between my waist and my hips. Don't think it can get much worse then that. Even when I was 30 lbs heavier I still had it.

I didn't say pear/hourglass women couldn't have one, just that it would be more likely with relatively wide hips. And with a 12" waist to hip difference it sounds like you probably qualify.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i'd just like to post out that OP posted this up in april, and has never posted up again...
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    i'd just like to post out that OP posted this up in april, and has never posted up again...
    Someone must have been bored to resurrect a thread from April.
    :tongue:
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Okay, I still have almost 30lbs to goal weight, but my thighs BARELY touch, so I think when I get down to my goal weight, I'll have a small "thigh gap". You don't have to be extremely underweight to achieve a thigh gap, and it has a lot to do with how you're built. Generally you need a pretty wide hip frame. I have MEAT on my legs, and have always had muscular thighs because I was in soccer and cheer all my life. That being said, at your height weight, it seems like you just won't achieve it, sorry.

But for those people saying you can't be healthy and have a thigh gap are just plain misinformed.

tumblr_mc243f8xHQ1rnfejco1_500.jpg
    You have a gap at the top of your thighs because your trainers are still on!
  • melianne125
    melianne125 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    2qvtra8.jpg
    ^^This!
  • Be_EmbracE
    Be_EmbracE Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    :-/ .. Sorry should we have thighs gap or not?
    I think it will be nice to have a slight gap so there is no friction caused when walk haha.. Lol ..
    I have tried walking fast on a treadmill n suddenly the aircon is not working and can u imagine how bad it is my both inner thighs like?? Big red patch n slightly sore due to much friction.. -.-;; lol
  • sdumma
    sdumma Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Stand with your legs apart.

Hahaha.... lol, i agree with Lozze.

Love it!

What you first need to do is stop believing in magic beans.

Exactly....all of the above...
  • St0rebrand
    Options
    I want a thigh gap and I'm pretty sure it's impossible for me to have one. But I'm going to try my best /within reason/ to get one. My main reason is how uncomfortable it is to wear a dress, skirt, or shorts and walk any distance in any amount of heat. You know, the times when it would be beneficial to wear something nice and breezy. Not having one is restricting what I can wear. And I can't imagine having one wouldn't make certain sex positions easier. I don't want to look like you could drive a truck between my legs but I'd like for there to be no rubbing. I don't think I should feel bad about wanting my body to be a certain way for practical reasons.
  • lwagnitz
    Options

tumblr_mc243f8xHQ1rnfejco1_500.jpg
    You have a gap at the top of your thighs because your trainers are still on!

This isn't a picture of me....I wish... but I've seen other pictures of her, and trust me she has a thigh gap. A lot of people who do cross it have it too.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Thigh gaps depends on how small your thighs are and how wide your hips are. If you have small hips, it's hard to get one even if your thighs are skinny. There's no specific food/exercise that will help. Basically just lose fat and hope your hips are wide enough.

Yeeee hawwwww
  • Infauna
    Infauna Posts: 89
    Options
    The only way you'll get one is if your body type is built that way, otherwise you won't get one. At your height and weight, it sounds like you're not going to have one.