What type of work do you do and what do you have to deal wit

Options

Replies

• HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Pro Audio Reinforcement Office Manager/Girl Friday.

We help out Venues.... Musicians, and Artist Management, with sound systems, equipment, and musical instruments, for concerts. We deal with some paticularly demanding performers at times. And some very cool ones too. Let me know if you need any Cowbells for your White Wedding... :tongue:
  • LisaD1021
    LisaD1021 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am a civilian for a major police department. This means I am NOT an Officer. I am also NOT a dispatcher. I am a glorified receptionist/gofer. I also work closely with Police Officers...many who are young enough to be my child. So I ofter have to put up with their childishness. Most of them are great, I just tell them "I've raised a child...you're not him."

Some of my favorite calls...

caller: I want to make a report.
    me: You have to call _____ for that, I can't dispatch from here
    caller: Since when? I've always been able to call you before!
    me: At least since 1988 when I started working here...do you need that number?
    caller: Is it #######?
    me: yes

OR, ask me for a phone #, and then tell me, "wait, I have to get a pen". If you don't have a pen, why did you ask for the number?

I also get a lot of "Why is the helicopter over my house?"
    me: I don't know...where are you?

No two days are ever the same.
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Police Officer with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. One of the Queen's Cowboys in the red serge! I'm sure I don't have to explain my job.
  • kimberlydawn36
    kimberlydawn36 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse........that's it....a nurse:smile:
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    Quality Assurance

"You're doin it wrong..."
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I'm a middle school English teacher...

Me: Where's your book share?
    Student: I don't have it.
    Me: Why not?
    Student: I-D-K
    Me: "I-D-K"...you're too lazy to even say the words?
    Student: Kind of.
    Me: So...did you even do it?
    Student: No
    Me: Why not?
    Student: I didn't have enough time
    Me: But I handed out the assignment over a MONTH ago!
    Student: Sorry, Ms. I was busy.
    Me: Doing what?
    Student: Well---I have practice everyday after school, then I have chores to do...otherwise I get in trouble.
    Me: Do you get in trouble for bad grades?
    Student: Yeah
    Me: Brace yourself!

:laugh:
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'm a pharmacist. I see a lot of this:

photo24.jpg
  • DukTape
    DukTape Posts: 1
    Options
    I work for the Government, in Child Support Collections. People hate me for this.

I love you for that! You're doing good work, needed work. I am glad for all the years I got child support that wouldn't' have come to us from Mr. Procrastinator without some arm-twisting by folks like you.
  • elsll
    elsll Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump, because I'm having fun reading these, but not enough time to finish :)
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Tech Support

1- Why dont my wireless work? - cause you dont have a wireless router/modem
    2- My computer is making noise? - get your foot off of the side and move your purse away from the fan in the back
    3- my email doesnt work - yes it does, you just didn't receive anything...

and before you ask.. NO! you are NOT important enough for me to read your email.

I HATE dell cs
    I LOVE Nintendo and Sony CS
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I'm a Barista at Starbucks.

What do I deal with? Rude people, lazy people, arrogant people, people who ****/vomit all over the toilet and don't make any attempt to clean it up or even notify us, people who leave their **** all over the freakin' table, people who leave their cups/plates on the table even though they've seen me cleaning up everyone else's stuff that they leave behing, people who leave their plates/cups/rubbish on the table when they could just walk less than a metre to just give it to us, people who take other people's drinks, even though they ordered a skinny latte and this person ordered a classic hot chocolate. Cleaning, trying to clean but customers coming through the door every second. Making more than 50 drinks in about 5-7 minutes at peak time. Long and tiring shifts. Temptation.

But also, customers who make your day, customers whose day YOU make, customers who do kind and considerate things, a fantastic team that I LOVE working with, a lovely manager who looks out for me, opportunities, benefits, decent money, flexibility, ability to make coffee, knowledge, learning, free drinks, 50% discount off food, free coffee/tea p/w.

:)
  • punkrockprincess23
    punkrockprincess23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sadly im just a cashier at a produce store.only fruits/veggies and some grocery items.
    I have to stand for 7.5hrs a day,thats no fun. feet hurt lol

complaints are usually stuff like
    #1. i bought these fruit and i went on vacation and they're rotten.i want my $ back.
    ME: well miss produce is only guaranteed for 5-7 days.
    CUSTOMER: well i ddint even use it.i was gone for 2 weeks.
    ME:i cant return ur $.u have to EAT it before 5-7 days

#2. your flyer says grapes are .99/lb
    ME:yes it says FRIDAY only.
    CUSTOMER:yeah but i'll be out of town friday.
    ME:sorry i can't help.
    CUSTOMER:but the ad says grapes .99/lb so u have to give it to me for that price
    ME: i will-on friday! as according to the ad

#3: i wanna return these mangos. they are no good.
    ME:sure! may i have your receipt.
    CUSTOMER:i threw it away.but i bought them here. i want my $ back
    ME: sir i need a receipt or i cant help you.
    CUSTOMER: i dont have one! i just said i bought them here.
    ME:sir every grocery store around here sells these mangoes.could be from any one. i need receipt for proof of purchase.
    CUSTOMER:this is ridiculous
    ME: im pretty sure EVERY store needs receipts to do returns. you can't just go to walmart and say"i bought a tv here, it broke. i'd like my $ back" you NEED a recdeipt.

#4: i got home and i cant find my bag of pistachios that were $14 and my $10 jug of oil. lady didnt bag it or give it to me.
    ME: do u have your receipt.? i'll check the office where we put returns when ppl leave them. (come back-sorry we have nothing left here.)
    CUSTOMER: receipt is at home. but i bought it and dont have it.i want it!
    ME: let me just try to go to walmart and say "yeah i left my $40 t-bone steaks and my bluray player here when i checked out. my receipts at home but can i just grab some new ones?"

haha not gonna fly lol
  • erikapereira
    Options
    I work for a financial institution.
    Member: I have a problem with my credit card, if I dont pay by a certain time, I get a late fee! 0-0
    Member: I'm having trouble logging in to my online banking.
    Me: Ok what type of trouble are you having or error message are you getting?
    Member: I dont know, I havent tried. 0-0
    Member: My debit card won't work.
    Me: Mam your acct is overdrawn, we blocked your debit card until you bring back up.
    Member: What!! How did my acct get overdrawn? I haven't used it.
    Me: Ok let me look at the transactions.......there was a purchase to walmart, 7-11, payment to txu ETC.......do you remember making those transactions?
    Member: Yea, but I still dont see how I'm over drawn
    this goes on for about 20 min........
    Member: Did my check come in?
    Me: ( thinking to myself) What is your name, and what is your account number, I'm not a psychic you know!
    FML!

ur stories r super funny.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm a baker!!!!! Enough said.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I am a Montessori teacher - pre-casa, that's toddlers and 2 year olds.

parent: do you think my child has an analytical mind?

me, sidestepping that with discussion of social skills and curriculum based observations, and so badly wanting to say, "analytical mind? hmm, lets see, let's hold off discussing that until your wee little child stops crapping in their diaper, shall we?"
  • utvolsfan74
    utvolsfan74 Posts: 105
    Options
    I am a police dispatcher. Sooo many moments but most I cant share....we tend to have a warped sense of humor and I cant ever guess when others will be offended BUT here is a good one.

caller: I want to report a speeder. Hes doing 94mph
    me: sir, how do you know he is going that speed?
    caller: cuz im right behind him and thats what my speedometer says
    me: what color/kind of car are YOU in and where are you?
    caller: wait! thats not fair, I called him in FIRST
    me: sir, what color;kind of car are you in and where are you?
    caller:................(click)......................

love this one, I have been in law enforcement for 15 years!!!!! I have to say though the best excuse given for speeding actually came from ME, when I was in high school.......but officer I just started and I have to get home b/c I have my sisters brand new jeans on and she will kill me.....embarrassed him so bad he ran back to his patrol car, lol
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    I am retired. I am a driver for the local,volunteer fire dept. and the emergency squad. :happy:
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am an Army Medical Technician:

Patient: I have a stuffy nose
    Me: Get out my office and man up!!

Patient: Help i have been shot/blown up!
    Me: Oh F*@K, lets go (thankfully not as many of these as of #1)
  • hitman1268
    hitman1268 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am A deputy Sheriff...Enough Said...lol
  • hitman1268
    hitman1268 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a Deputy and I love the Excuses i get when I pull a car over, If you can Make me laugh in the first 30 seconds, No ticket....lmbo

My Favorite so Far was: (true Story)( this occurred on a major through fair)

Me: Sir do you know you were doing 25 mph under the speed limit? you were backing traffic up for miles. Any reason for that today?

Violator: yes Officer, do you know how expensive gas is??

I could hardly contain myself, needless to say he got a free pass...
    LOL