For all those on MFP who are sexually active

Options

Replies

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    No. It really isn't that many calories burned. It just seems like it should be. Going up and down stairs for 5 minutes would burn more calories than relations for 30 minutes unless you're working REALLY hard at those relations.

hahaha I'm not the one who does most of the work most of the time anyway :wink:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I figure "horse riding" is a good way to log it :)

bahahaha!!!!! ok I'm officially going to start logging it as horse riding when I'm on top just for giggles ;)

What are you guys doing to a horse? :smokin:
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My wife ate that thing that kills sex drive. You know.......wedding cake. So I wouldn't know.

I had to read this twice. LMAO
  • qotu79
    qotu79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    No. It really isn't that many calories burned. It just seems like it should be. Going up and down stairs for 5 minutes would burn more calories than relations for 30 minutes unless you're working REALLY hard at those relations.

Wow 30 Minutes I wish!

Me too!!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I log mine only b/c it's not too often that I get to see my FWB - so it's not part of my normal routine...lol - but only if it's longer than 20 -30mins. :happy:

I also have a workout name for it so that no one really knows what it is....I don't think people really care when I get some. :blushing:
  • acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have always been curious of the same thing. I am wondering if the mood would be ruined if I wore my Heart Rate monitor with the chest stap during "relations" ......lol
    it would be interesting to see how many calories are burned!! :love:

I actually did this once for a laugh when my wife bought it for me for christmas.. It beeps above a certain heart rate and we ended up laughing so hard at the beeps that we abandoned the whole exercise.
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    If it lasts more than 15 minutes and I'm on top. ;D

EDIT: I do have a little tact, I log it as general aerobics. :laugh:

LMAO now we know if we look at the dairy lol
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I should imagine anyone recording their sexual activity would be like this:

Husband's Exercise Diary
    Time: 150 minutes
    Calories burnt: 980

Wife's Exercise Diary
    Time: 3 minutes
    Calories burnt: 3

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OK, I admit it that is exactly what mine would look line. Can't speak for the wife, hopefully she would humor me and copy mine :blushing:
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I DO track mine. At first i created it as "sexy time" then realised it showed in my timeline and changed it to walking lol.

20 minutes of sex for someone my height / weight burns about 93 kcal. i aim for between 1-3 times per day, its a fun way to bump up your calorie allowance (pardon the pun) and keeps my fella happy :)

Damn! I am sooo getting jipped on this! :sad: ^^^^^ My hat's off to the lady. You are a rare catch. :drinker:
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    My wife ate that thing that kills sex drive. You know.......wedding cake. So I wouldn't know.

Quote of the year...lmao!!!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I guess it all depends on what position you are in when riding dirty !
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options

wrong, it is quite the amount of calories burned
    a 150 lb person burns 288 calories during one hour of sex.

http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/calculator.cgi

Uhm... I will be honest enough, while still remaining tactful, to say that an hour of sex after 9 years of marriage and two kids is a bit unrealistic of a goal. To be honest, I don't even know anyone who spends an hour at a time having sex in real life.
  • triplemintx
    Options
    how many calories are there per battery?

OMG funnnyyyyy! I am right there with ya :laugh:
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options

Uhm... I will be honest enough, while still remaining tactful, to say that an hour of sex after 9 years of marriage and two kids is a bit unrealistic of a goal. To be honest, I don't even know anyone who spends an hour at a time having sex in real life.

Ok, so that's about 4.8 calories per minute, so let's say it actually only lasts about 5 minutes, that's only 24 calories, not really worth logging! Dh & I have been married for going on 17 years (yikes, I feel old) and with three kids~11-14, things vary. I burn more calories watching t.v. for an hour with dh and than 5 minutes of relations!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Somebody put on a HRM and figure it out!
  • beabelieve
    beabelieve Posts: 112
    Options
    I figure any calories burned were eaten back anyway.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options

Ok, so that's about 4.8 calories per minute, so let's say it actually only lasts about 5 minutes, that's only 24 calories, not really worth logging! Dh & I have been married for going on 17 years (yikes, I feel old) and with three kids~11-14, things vary. I burn more calories watching t.v. for an hour with dh and than 5 minutes of relations!

See... you totally get it. :)
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    SEX is just a bonus... Maybe I need to hit the sheets more because the scale isnt moving =(
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

*cough* Really? I can't imagine fitting it into a 20 minute slot, personally :P
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options

*cough* Really? I can't imagine fitting it into a 20 minute slot, personally :P

Just really full stop? Seriously? You don't know the right people. I find it weird to the people that finish straight away or within 5 mins, it's just strange! One of my fave things is putting a 2 kilo chicken in the oven to cook and coming back down to find it's almost ready. Now THAT'S a session.
This discussion has been closed.