would you date someone plus size ?

Options
donyellemoniquex3
donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
this is a sirius question (HARRY POTTER REFERENCE!!!)

Replies

• Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    They would have to have the most amazing personality in this world. And still.. probably not.. I'm a horrible person.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    They would have to have the most amazing personality in this world.

True!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I only date 1xl-3xl.

Total Chubby Chaser, me

^^^not snark or sarcasm. True Story.
  • dictations
    dictations Posts: 199
    Options
    99% of the time, no.
  • amalthea23
    amalthea23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If a guy is VERY intelligent and charming, I will (and have) but before I know a person, I'm just as shallow as the rest of us. I tend to prefer that Jack Skellington look, actually, though my husband has more of a bruce lee build.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't pursue them, but if someone I loved got fat I wouldn't break up with them for it. And realistically, I think plus size is better than a twig. I don't like dating skinny guys
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not if he hates on himself in the mirror every day. There's no room, I'm already standing there doing it!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    No. My soon to be ex got up to a 3X. I didn't find that attractive to me, plus the fact that he couldn't do ANYTHING strenuous. I like to walk and hike and spend a lot time outdoors. He physically couldn't do it. Now he's a 2X and still can't do anything, not that I want to spend time doing things with him anymore, but I want to be with someone who can be physically active with me.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Sorry ladies. I am married!

Just sayin
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I like chunkier men and wished that my hubby was one of them. :sad: I just like broader, more meatier, thicker men...LOL. If he has an awesome attitude this makes all the outer body beautiful in my eyes :love:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I prefer my guys around the 'L' end of the spectrum.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I admit that I have my limits though.

I don't mind a little junk in the trunk... I do mind people who are so large they seem to have trouble moving and breathing. That scares me.

On the opposite end I also will not date people who are too skinny. I don't mind thin, I do mind bones.

For me it's all about attraction and when people dip too small or too large I no longer feel any attraction whatsoever, just concern.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    yep I sure would as long as their weight doesnt stop them from daily functions...I think if their weight is that big of an issue they need a friend more than a date...same with extreme thin......I will admit I love me some "man chunk"
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Of course...im an equal opportunity dater lol
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Have, and would again. I generally am not very attracted to skinny boys. I like men who make me feel tiny. That being said, plus size is okay, but horribly out of shape is not. I want someone who can keep up with my energy level.

My boyfriend is definitely in the overweight BMI range, but I think he's sexy as hell. So manly. Yum :)
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I find sum chubby guys cute but only sum...like they have to have a cute face... or def. a really great personality but if they dont have a good lookin face it would be impossible..
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there IS a difference between overweight and out of shape. Just because someone is bigger, does not mean they just lay on the couch eating twinkies all the time.
    I dated a skinny man once.
    I got hip bone bruises on my inner thighs.
    Never again. :noway:
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Of course I would. I only date people I'm attracted to, but there's a hell of a lot more to attraction than body size.
  • trababes1971
    trababes1971 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes i would :)..although i like to be attracted to someone physically ..its not all about looks and i find that if someone can make me laugh they have my attention. However the only person i want making me laugh is my sexy hubby lol., but if i was single i would consider it. x
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I don't mind a little pudge...if they're geeky like me I instantly fall for them, regardless of any previous 'set' standards of mine...haha. Their awesomeness level has to be 9001 or more...if you know what I mean ;D