would you date someone plus size ?

Options

Replies

• Chrystibel
    Chrystibel Posts: 116
    Options

*suddenly feels like the only chubby chaser in the world

I always find chubby, unshaved, long haired, geeky looking guys so much more attractive than a skinny or muscular guy, so you're not alone. Your BF is cute, he looks like Jon's brother a bit in the pics i've seen.

yeah, he's the sexiest thing i've ever laid eyes on. He's also over a foot taller than i am: makes me look like a midget

you know what i hate?

when people see someone my size-- average
    with someone his size-- Plus size

they almost always assume I have low self esteem, or that i'm "settling"

psh. my man may be brilliant, handsome, witty, educated, and a creative genious

but he's also joyfully plush.

and though i'd love him if he suddenly lost 250lb

i find him incredibly sexy just how he is

I know exactly what you mean, and I LOVE the way my head fits snugly under Jon's armpit when I'm standing straight up, I like feeling small, you saw the picture mom put on FB, Jon's a head taller than everyone in the picture lol.
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    Yeah, there IS a difference between overweight and out of shape. Just because someone is bigger, does not mean they just lay on the couch eating twinkies all the time.
    I dated a skinny man once.
    I got hip bone bruises on my inner thighs.
    Never again. :noway:

:laugh: I choked on my water Lol! tooo funny!!!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Totally would. Just depends on what I find attractive about them (if anything). I have seen some plus size women who put waif thin women to shame in the attraction department. For instance... Mia Tyler... oh hell yes!

And for those who say no, hopefully people don't get all bent out of shape over it. We all have our own tastes. And that's ok. To each their own, and all that jazz.

Agreed. I think about people like basking ribbons...31 flavors. Everyone has their own flavor preference :wink:
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options

There must be something wrong with you, we are not that fast and can be caught quite easily :)
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I usually prefer average sized guys, not too skinny and not too chubby. But if we had chemistry and hit it off, why not?
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

There must be something wrong with you, we are not that fast and can be caught quite easily :)

:happy:
  • avalonmaiara
    Options
    YES. :)
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    Glad my husband fell in love with me despite my size.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    no, i wouldn't. not because i'm against plus size dudes. i like my dudes cuddly and all... but let's be real here. i'm fat. if he's fat too... the logistics of sex just would not work well. been there, done that. it was not pretty.
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Of course I would. I only date people I'm attracted to, but there's a hell of a lot more to attraction than body size.

THANK YOU! Well said.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    It isn't' the size of the dog in the fight.... it's the size of fight in the dog!

I've dated slim, athletic, chubby, and obese. I married obese - he's the finest man I have ever known, and we are working together to become and stay healthy.

:flowerforyou:
  • lissymae11
    Options
    I personally don't mind a chubby guy. I mean, there's health risks and stuff, so I'm not saying to be unhealthy, but like, Dan Heffernan from King of Queens? CUTEST MAN EVER.

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/G_L/Ki_Kp/KingOfQueens/season9/king-queens-williams34.jpg
  • xonikitashafferxo
    xonikitashafferxo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If plus size means they cannot enjoy doing things outdoors, then no I am sorry I would not date them.
    If it's just some chunk.. Im cool with that.. i have some myself lol (FOR NOW ANYWAY)
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    Nope

I simply would not find that attractive. My current boyfriend lost about 100lbs before we met. I've seen his 'fat photos' and to me he is a different man. One I don't find attractive at all.
    But now, he is the sexiest man to me and I'm super attracted to him! I would not have given him a first look, let alone a second look when he was overweight. He knows I don't want him to put on weight again and he worked so hard to lose the weight he's determined to keep it off.

Harsh, but honest.
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have been "bigger" all my adult life and I have never once dated someone who was "bigger". I don't know why......I mean talk about double standard but I just don't find excess weight attractive. I feel like such a crap for saying something like that......

All of my boyfriends have worn a size L tops. I actually remember one night as I lay beside my significant other if this is how Jabba the Hut would of felt if he had someone to cuddle with.....despite this I never went for heavier guys. Sad but true.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to base my relationships on looks, but since I am trying to get healthy, I would only want to date a person that is also healthy (or trying to get healthy as I am). It is not the look itself that I dislike, it is the unhealthy lifestyle.
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My husband is plus size. He wasn't when we first met but he has grown expoentially since we have been together. I want him to lose weight but it is for his health, nothing else.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Would, did, and I'm marrying him next year.
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yes and we are engaged with 3kids. He's my best friend and I couldn't care if he was the 300lb he is now or 100lb I love who he is bot what he is!