would you date someone plus size ?

Options

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I personally don't mind a chubby guy. I mean, there's health risks and stuff, so I'm not saying to be unhealthy, but like, Dan Heffernan from King of Queens? CUTEST MAN EVER.

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/G_L/Ki_Kp/KingOfQueens/season9/king-queens-williams34.jpg

I would even take Kevin James when he was slimmed down.....He's a hotttttt chubster. I also like the guy who plays his tall black friend on that show, hes equally hot
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I avoid dating skinny people. I always feel they will judge my weight too much.
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I would have to say no!! I date a fitness instructor at the moment and have lost wweight since being with him! as a true plus size gal I think being with a big guy would only hinder my weight loss! harsh but true
  • twiztid_princess
    Options
    I have and would again... but the personality has to be there, too.. i find all types of men and women attractive.. it just depends on if they catch my eye..
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't START dating someone. Not only is the ahem bedroom aspect a consideration, but I don't want to try and have to explain myself to 'The Man' why I don't want to be with him as he is sitting on the couch, gorging and watching movies all day. Sorry, but I am not reducing myself to that level.

Now, if I was to start dating Mr Athletic and he gained weight...that might be different.
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    My Other half has a 20" neck a 48" chest and god knows what his waist is: he is the best thing to ever happen to me
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I wonder what is 'plus size' to you? There are 'plus size models' (female) that wear size 10. That's not that big.

In fact, that's really quite small. 'Plus size' is subjective - fashion-industry 'plus size' is a very strange thing(and varies depending on which country you're in) and can, as this poster says, be as small as a womens' size 10 or 12 plus! Like many others here, I wouldn't be thinking about actual clothing sizes, but about the shape someone was in - it's entirely possible to be 'plus size' and in good shape, healthy and active. If someone's weight is impeding activity, I'm probably not going to choose that lifestyle. If they carry a bit of extra weight and/or are built on larger lines, not a problem.
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I have my limits, but I think I would.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have before but my bf now is a big guy! He's 6'3" with 23inch bicep, shoulders that fill a doorway and giant farmer hands!!!
    When we first met I was attracted to him but I was slightly put off by his size. He wasn't fit or healthy but neither was I. We've lost weight together and are determined to get healthy as a couple. We push and support each other and I'm really proud of him!!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend 20+ years ago in college. He was on the basketball team and skinny as a rail. I was chubby. He was my best friend, but nothing more back then. After 15 years apart, we are now dating. I am thin now and he probably needs to lose 40-50 pounds. I still see him through my 20 year old eyes and think he is sexy as ever. I do admit I get on to him about exercising because he has high blood pressure.
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yes. Sense of humour is everything though :)
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I like big butts and I cannot lie
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Yep! I have no problem dating plus sized. My only condition is that they're not horribly obese.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

You other brothers can't deny...
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Of course I would. I only date people I'm attracted to, but there's a hell of a lot more to attraction than body size.

^^ This.
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
    And a round thing in your face

You other brothers can't deny...
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Yes but within reason, I think I would be more concerned about the state of his health. Not attracted to skinny guys either but hey it's just a preference. In my eyes everyone is beautiful and everyone will be attractive to someone out there. It's the inside that matters the most. What that person is like on the inside. If he's an Ahole I won't even give him the time of day but I'm engaged now anyway and this is how it was for me when I was single.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    not "plus size" but stocky/athletic/broad shoulders etc etc
    aka linebacker status :love:
  • sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yes I would
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I've dated heavier guys and I've dated thinner guys (my current boyfriend and I weigh just about the same - but I was almost 40lbs heavier than him when we first met). There's more to it than physical appearance (I've met some pretty awesome looking guys were JERKS and I've met some average guys who were absolutely awesome) and while I don't see myself with someone severely overweight, being heavier doesn't mean I wouldn't give him a chance. :)