would you date someone plus size ?

Options

Replies

• jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have before... but his personality was amazing. We're still friends!

Now, I'm with someone who is fit and challenges me to be healthier and more active. I love it. :)
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I've had one rule regarding size, they have to weigh less than me. Since I'm large in the first place, I don't see that as too harsh.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Considering plus size is supposedly a 6 in womens YES I sure would! Hell even some of the Lane Bryant models are attractive.

Size 16 and I'll still throw her over my shoulder like she's a toy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJqEuMduP7KIAO0XbbFEHtef4NItaCDpGL_a_devyCFD6Z95-Njw
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    I did date someone who was less than in shape, however my attraction wasn't as strong. I like my partner to be healthy and partake in a healthy lifestyle with me!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    As long as they don't make Harry Potter pun jokes.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    For an overweight person I think fat can be attractive, in the right places, all those curves and for men, nice big manly arms, good cuddling material :)
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Considering plus size is supposedly a 6 in womens YES I sure would! Hell even some of the Lane Bryant models are attractive.

Yes she IS gorgeous and has a lovely figure, that is what I strive for, even if I am never skinny for the rest of my life, I wouldn't care, I would be totally happy just having a body like hers!
  • MCinSoCal
    MCinSoCal Posts: 87
    Options
    I am and always have been more attracted to the content of a person rather than the shell they hide inside or behind...but I also know most people don't think that way and find it sad that others would just write someone off based on their looks or size...
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I don't overlook an overweight person right off the bat (I've always believed a good personality can make someone sexy), but they would definitely have to have the same fit and active lifestyle that I have chosen to adopt, which means more likely than not, any prospective partners would be of a normal or borderline normal weight.
  • piari
    piari Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For girls, "plus size" can actually be pretty small. Sure, I'd date a plus-sized girl!
    As for guys, though, it can vary. Is he plus-size because he's built large, tick, and tall? I'd date him. Is he plus-size because he's seriously obese? It depends on his personality.
  • gonnaloseweight06
    Options
    Honestly, it really depends on how "plus" size the guy is. At one point, I do think I developed a crush on an obese (about 5'6 and 280 pounds - 300 pounds) man... but it was purely due to his personality. I did not act out on my crush because a) I really want to lose weight and I do think that being with someone that heavy would've unmotivated me in the long rung and b)I wasn't physically attracted to him. IMO being obese due to laziness is not attractive in any way.
    However, I have had crushes on short "husky" guys and would date any of them... though, they only appeared to be about 30 - 45 pounds overweight , were extremely cute + didn't look too "fat" (possibly 5'5 and 175 - 190 pounds). Basically, they were "big boned" and a bit "fat" but not obese. They were like football player big or "stocky".
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I like built or stocky guys. I'm not attracted to guys that are skinny or obese. It's nothing against their personality, in fact most overweight guys tend to be crazy sweet and chock full of nerdy ness that I love, but if we were going to date I would still need to be attracted to them physically. It's not everything but it is apart of it and to reach a certain level of intimacy I need that.
    I like older men( and I dont mean just a year or two), Facial hair, stocky or built and at least taller than me which isn't hard to do. I guess I'm picky.
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    I wouldn't decide who I date on looks alone. Attraction is made up or much more than that for me.

However, while dating someone, I would obviously worry about they're health, so if they're big enough for their health to be compromised it's something I'd want them to work on.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
    And a round thing in your face
    I like big butts and I cannot lie

You other brothers can't deny...

Big-Butts-Error.jpg
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Hell I think a lot of the Layne Bryant models are way more attractive than the Victoria's Secret models personally.

I'd certainly date someone plus size, I like women to be soft and curvy, really skinny women just don't do it for me at all. That being said, you still have to take care of yourself and stay in at least decent shape, I don't want someone that struggles to move or breathe as others have said.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people saying that "looks aren't that important" and at the risk of sounding super shallow, yeah, they are, and if you say they're not, you're lying.

The first time you see somebody you're not thinking "damn I bet that guy has a GREAT personality!" No, the first thing you notice is what they look like. If you find what they look like to be attractive, then you're probably more likely to strike up a conversation. It's just human nature. Also, you want to be sexually attracted to the person you're in a relationship with. If you don't find thin men/women sexually attractive, you're probably not gonna be dating thin women. If you don't find larger or overweight men/women sexually attractive, you're probably not going to date them. It doesn't make a person shallow, just means they have a preference.

I prefer men who are more on the athletic side. It's just what I'm attracted to. I've dated guys that were super skinny, or a little on the heavy side, and I haven't been as attracted to them as I am to an athletic man, so no, I would not date an overweight man. Just my preference. Just like how there are probably plenty of men who wouldn't date me because they aren't sexually attracted to women with my physical attributes. No big deal! The good thing is, there are SO many different preferences people have, it kinda works out!
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    yes why not? they're not different to anyone else except bigger... i find most bigger people are actually nicer than the thinner ones..
  • BAMFMeredith
    Options
    no, i wouldn't. not because i'm against plus size dudes. i like my dudes cuddly and all... but let's be real here. i'm fat. if he's fat too... the logistics of sex just would not work well. been there, done that. it was not pretty.

OMG I just died lol
  • BAMFMeredith
    Options
    yes why not? they're not different to anyone else except bigger... i find most bigger people are actually nicer than the thinner ones..

Really?
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Absolutely .. I usually like guys to be bigger than me! I don't think I could date someone who didn't work out/take care of themselves in at least some respect. A couple extra lbs doesn't disqualify anyone... I struggle with that too!