would you date someone plus size ?

Options

Replies

• gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    I would never turn away someone based on their size, but having said that, I want a partner in life to experience many things with me. I am an outdoorsy girl, would love to spend more time hiking, running and being physically active.

I want a dude who can keep up.

I also know that I would get discouraged by someone who wasn't taking an active roll in their own fitness. I want someone to help push my towards my goals, not show me the easy way out.

I agree with this--I want someone who takes an active roll in his fitness--and is excited about mine as well.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    It's not my ideal type but my last boyfriend was (I think; we never told each other our weights) was over 300 lbs. He was really cute though....I got over it. I also wasn't his type physically, but he got over that too. I prefer a fit body though (but I guess I can't demand it since I'm not really fit yet either!).
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

*suddenly feels like the only chubby chaser in the world

Nope me too! :)
    :flowerforyou:

that makes 3 of us. :bigsmile:
    :drinker: :happy:
  • ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    ^ EXACLTY THIS :love:

• CShepherd91
    Options
    I've been with my fiance for 5 years.

When we first started dating he was around 280lbs. He's now 305lbs. I loved him then and I love him now. He is losing weight, and dieting and getting fit as our wedding comes closer and we start planning for kiddies.

But I've never looked down on him for being over-weight. He's always been able to keep up with me when we hike or go for walks. It's only this past year that health issues have arisen (and most of them were because of a car accident).

I love my fiance and find him attractive, whether he's 305 lbs, or 205. I only want him to lose weight (and support him by going along for the ride like I am) because I want him forever. And he needs to be as fit and healthy as he possibly can.

ETA: More people shouldn't just look at someone, and account their whole being as their weight. People are more than numbers on a scale. I felt an instantaneous connection with him, and if I'd been more shallow and completely discounted him because of his size, I would have missed out on the most amazing person I know.
  • CShepherd91
    Options

Another chubby chaser here! ;)
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    I see a lot of people saying that "looks aren't that important" and at the risk of sounding super shallow, yeah, they are, and if you say they're not, you're lying.

The first time you see somebody you're not thinking "damn I bet that guy has a GREAT personality!" No, the first thing you notice is what they look like. If you find what they look like to be attractive, then you're probably more likely to strike up a conversation. It's just human nature. Also, you want to be sexually attracted to the person you're in a relationship with. If you don't find thin men/women sexually attractive, you're probably not gonna be dating thin women. If you don't find larger or overweight men/women sexually attractive, you're probably not going to date them. It doesn't make a person shallow, just means they have a preference.

I met my fiance when I was 12, so looks really didn't come into it. He was my best friend for years before we got together. He wasn't what I would have considered my 'type' in terms of looks at the time (as a 17year old) but I was initially attracted to him based on mostly other things, he was an amazing person.

Now, I find him totally hot and sexy, but it wasn't the basis of our initial relationship. It was his great personality I noticed first.
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic
    That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
    And a round thing in your face
    I like big butts and I cannot lie

You other brothers can't deny...

Big-Butts-Error.jpg
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't. I'm not attracted to plus size people.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I am too attracted to healthy bigger men. :)
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am too attracted to healthy bigger men. :)
    Med too girl!:)
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I find ladies attractive and sexy in many sizes and shapes,there is no exact way to define what is or isn`t a plus size.
    Every lady is their own person and I refuse to be pigeon holed into someone elses definition of what their appearance and desirability is.

Someone give this guy a medal! :D
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    yup. i have in the past, although my husband is 6'1" and weighs maybe 140 soaking wet.
  • MeliNichole84
    MeliNichole84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I must admit I always thought I wouldnt. But as I got older and I began to put on alot of weight that all changed. I graduated highschool in 02 at 160 lbs. My husband graduated the same year at about 140 soaking wet. Now he is 230 and I still love him to death. No matter how much he weighs. But I agree with those of you that are saying when it gets so bad he is unable to do daily things, somethings gotta give. He is active as he hunts and fishes daily. I weight about 20 lbs more than my husband right now. I began my fitness journey a month ago and he has so desire to. Im hoping I will have much success and he will see the changes in me and jump on board.
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    Most of my relationships have been over the internet (Thank you, gaming habits.) That said, I got to know a person for who they were before I saw what they looked like, so I have an imprinted rule on my mind that I shouldn't rule out people because of what they look like.

I'm almost not very good to look at-- so I can't be picky. (lol) Being pluz-sized, having just gotten out of plus size-- I think the role is reversed for me right now.

I'm scared to death of how people are going to take it in public when they see me walking around with my barely 130lb boyfriend (he struggles to even keep THAT weight)... I worry his reputation will go down or he'll be heckled for being with a fatty, even though I've already lost 80+ and work super hard to get healthy.
  • Hailei
    Hailei Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I admit that I have my limits though.

I don't mind a little junk in the trunk... I do mind people who are so large they seem to have trouble moving and breathing. That scares me.

On the opposite end I also will not date people who are too skinny. I don't mind thin, I do mind bones.

Same for me. I kind of prefer the guys that are bigger than normal, even if that "bigness" comes from extra-pounds.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Personally, no. It's just not attractive to me.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    what is plus size? a little bit overweight would be ok to me..
    depends on the girl and what she's like
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I know my friends don't believe me but I actually would. Yes it would depend on their personality, like if he could make me laugh, respect my family and friends, myself, him and his family too I wouldn't ever say no. Also being kind hearted and considerate of others and their feelings is a deal breaker, if he was 'hot' but selfish, I would walk the other way. I don't think this is alot to ask for, most people have it in them, but I know there are a few who couldn't care less about others.
    I find I'm actually attracted to boys who are bigger anyways though. Weight doesn't make any difference to me is what I'm trying to say.
  • smilingchica
    smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Totally would. Just depends on what I find attractive about them (if anything). I have seen some plus size women who put waif thin women to shame in the attraction department. For instance... Mia Tyler... oh hell yes!

And for those who say no, hopefully people don't get all bent out of shape over it. We all have our own tastes. And that's ok. To each their own, and all that jazz.

It was a good reminder that everyone has their own taste and not to take it personally since i have always been plus size. I'm working towards being a regular size and until then, i'll have to enjoy being with myself and with any guy that likes me right now :)