• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    yes becasue the likelihood of them cheating on you is vey slim
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It'd be very hypocritical of me to say "no" and I'm not going to

My gf is a plus size and I love every inch of her :)
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would never turn away someone based on their size, but having said that, I want a partner in life to experience many things with me. I am an outdoorsy girl, would love to spend more time hiking, running and being physically active.

I want a dude who can keep up.

I also know that I would get discouraged by someone who wasn't taking an active roll in their own fitness. I want someone to help push my towards my goals, not show me the easy way out.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I don't overlook an overweight person right off the bat (I've always believed a good personality can make someone sexy), but they would definitely have to have the same fit and active lifestyle that I have chosen to adopt, which means more likely than not, any prospective partners would be of a normal or borderline normal weight.

I feel that way too. If I work hard to take care of my body and my health, I would like for my partner to have the same lifestyle. I'd like my man to be around for a while! Plus I have a 5 year old son who needs healthy role models in his life, I want my partner to be the same active and healthy role model I try to be. That's not to say nobody overweight is healthy, because I know a lot of my fellow MFPers are overweight and adopting a new healthy lifestyle, but generally speaking once you adopt that lifestyle, the physical changes begin to follow (albeit slowly).
  • christiefeatures
    Options
    If they were plus size in the sense of really-fat-and-intending-on-doing-nothing-about-it kind of plus size, then I would probably not date them because they clearly don't look after themselves. But if they were naturally or medically plus size or even plus size but changing it, then yes I would.
  • Genozid
    Genozid Posts: 30
    Options
    In short, No. But I too am a terrible person (and also on the bigger side of the spectrum, 6'6 230 down from 285)
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    this is a sirius question (HARRY POTTER REFERENCE!!!)

Okay A: That right there meets one of my have-to-have criteria - a semi-nerd. Personality is what makes up a relationship, so I don't see why not.

But on the other hand, you need that attraction on the physical level, too. So I'm not saying no, just that I'd have to love their personality so much that it wouldn't matter to me. And they'd have to love me the same way. Plus, I'd want them to be healthy. So obviously we could do it together! Haha but as long as they could go to the amusement park with me, would go to the gym with me, you know - little things, I'd be fine with it. And if you love someone enough, sure.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    i want this t-shirt
    chubby_chaser_t_shirts-p235213570693741028zv09x_400.jpg

also, i am very disapointed in many of you who equate being larger to being "lazy". weight is calories in vs calories out. it's entirely possible to be VERY active and also be VERY large. All it takes is a taste for cheese cake and good wine

I like a man with an appetite for cheesecake and wine. It often equates to having other healthy appetites as well :wink:
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind. Not saying that looks wouldn't play a factor at all, but for me, at the risk of sounding overly cliche, looks are less important than personality. Initially when I meet a girl yeah, looks are important. But when I really get to know you. if we start to make connection on several things, I would rather be happy with a person I love that might not be a super model. then miserable with a person i love....to look at.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Bigger guys are the only ones I'm attracted too. Guys I've dated as rebounds have been super skinny jocks which is just for a rebound, then the next guy is always bigger. My ex boyfriend I dated for 3 1/2 years in high school was a bigger guy-300 lbs 6'4, my ex husband 5'11 270 lbs (not huge but bigger) and my guy now is almost like my ex in high school. My ex in high I was with for 3 1/2 years, my ex husband 9 years and now for over a year. The skinny guys maybe lasted a few months if that. So I love me some bigger guys!
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Looks don't mean much at the end of the day. I would not overlook someone based on size and I prefer bigger guys. :heart:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, I don't mind a little extra weight. However, I'm trying to get healthy and athletic, myself. That means that I'm going to be doing alot of strenuous activity. If he's so overweight that all he wants to do is sit around and watch TV because he's in so much pain/discomfort, that's not for me. On the other hand, I'm not generally attracted to guys who are really thin, either.

This is my preference:
    5'10"-6'4"
    185-250lbs (depending on height), and solid...not necessarily ripped (although I do like ripped), but not sloppy looking either.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Considering plus size is supposedly a 6 in womens YES I sure would! Hell even some of the Lane Bryant models are attractive.

Size 16 and I'll still throw her over my shoulder like she's a toy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJqEuMduP7KIAO0XbbFEHtef4NItaCDpGL_a_devyCFD6Z95-Njw

love this!
  • goofyrick24
    goofyrick24 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Most definately I would... An old friend once told me "you can't park a limo in the hall closet".. and I found it to be true.. it hurts when you hit bone on some aneroxic chic...
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    I would never rule out an entire group of people based on size any more than I would based on skin colour. You fancy someone when you fancy them, and there's no way to know who that will happen with until it happens.

That said, seeing as I'm struggling to lose weight I'd find it harder if I was with someone who encouraged me to sit around eating all the time... Like when you give up smoking, it's hard to hang out with a smoker.
  • christina2113
    Options
    Yes, I honestly don't think I would be happy with someone who weighed less than me. I am also a chubby chaser but in reality personality is what gets me every time.
  • Genozid
    Genozid Posts: 30
    Options
    yes becasue the likelihood of them cheating on you is vey slim

That's why you just date a pretty girl, knock her down a few pegs and rebuild her the way you want... Emotionally damaged and ripe for the pickin...

oh, and let her know if she cheats on you, she gets to watch you abuse her man toy.

But, that is a good way to look at it:drinker:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Depends what you mean by "plus size" .... plus sized models are really not that plus sized. They are more just average. I don't know what a "plus size" man would look like...
  • MelissaT81
    MelissaT81 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

*suddenly feels like the only chubby chaser in the world

Nope me too! :)
    :flowerforyou:

that makes 3 of us. :bigsmile:
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    yes why not? they're not different to anyone else except bigger... i find most bigger people are actually nicer than the thinner ones..

Really?

Bigger people can be just as mean, snobby, (fill in the negative adjective here)...Negativity has nothing to do with the size of the person, just the heart/vaules of the person!