would you date someone plus size ?

Options

Replies

• kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    They would have to have the most amazing personality in this world.

True!

for me, that would go for any size and any man. I would accept no less.
  • bigprettygirl69
    bigprettygirl69 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Quite interesting that most of the responses are from people who would not unless the personality is there, I think that should be a criteria for dating anyone. It's a shame that we as people of size would, but hey that's why it's called preferences. I prefer tall guys, I like them tall and football player types, but it's always the shorties that tend to go for me. I personally don't feel safe with a guy I may have to defend in a bar fight(ijs)
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Well here I am, lol. :) But I have started to do something about it.
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yes, its all about the attitude, the personality, and the heart.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    IF I were single...
    Can he sing? And does he like Star Trek? :smile:
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

These pictures don't exude sex appeal, but it's not because they're skinny. Don't be a hater.

no but the girl looks really unhealthy- sickly thin
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    my husband has a belly (size XL - 2XL (depending on shirt)

and size does not dictate some ones worth/personality etc

i also dated a man that was 20 yrs older too so im not normal ( we are still friends, met 1998, he is one of my bestest friends)
    hubby is 11 years older than me

so i like em chunky and older .. :bigsmile:
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I would only if he was as motivated as me to lose the weight. If he was content with being over weight I dont think I could but not saying I wouldn't. He would also have to have a really cute face and great personality.

Man boobs freak me out.... soooo much... not even trying to be funny but I just think its sooo gross and nasty and not normal lol.

I want a guy who is built, not super skinny but thick, muscular and tall.

Even with me being "plus size" Skinny dudes have always gravitated to me and loved me for who I am.

So I guess my answer would be No... unless he was going through a weight loss journey like I am with a cute face and great personality lol.
  • MissYatta
    MissYatta Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have and will again. I've dated all across the spectrum. I've had extremely skinny and extremely big. Neither I would do again. Give me someone in the middle (who is healthy) and I'm good.
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Yep - I wouldn't want someone to overlook me because of my size, I wouldn't do that to others. There are some pretty cool out there!
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    absolutely ;)

i don't really have a "type"

but i do like big dudes best!!!!
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Depends on 'plus sized'

Football player plus sized yes
    out of shape plus sized (as in 300+) probably no.

^^^^^^^^This, I want the football player or jock that is big. It doesn't matter if they have gained weight since their glory days because so have I. I just want them to have broad shoulders and nice arms that I can hold on to. I also like some muscle too. My poor husband gains weight and loses it so much that he is covered with stretch marks but he has best set of calf muscles that I have ever seen and he is 6 foot 2 with nice broad shoulders and nice biceps, all the other imperfections seem pretty silly really.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm on the fence here. I tend to be attracted to tall, skinny guys, but my last boyfriend (who I dated for 4 years) was stocky and not in good shape. I was very attracted to him for his other good qualities and personality. Unfortunately, he was also physically disabled and we could not exercise together...and I chose to give up working out while I was with him. I gained about 60 pounds and lost all my fitness, and my confidence. Even after we broke up, it's taken me years to get back to my self again. Now that I am fit and healthy again, I would prefer to date someone who is in my range of fitness so we could run or hike together because those are things I really enjoy...but I wouldn't say no to dating a bigger guy if he had the other qualities I'm looking for.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Oh MFP. How your threads are becoming more banal by the day. :brokenheart:
  • eemielwy
    eemielwy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    MmHMM! My fiance is 6'2", 2x, big, strong, meaty blue collar guy. I LOVE it! Sexiest man I've ever been with.
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Are foot ball players plus sized??? If so then yes I have.......
  • 51powerski
    51powerski Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I like my man with meat on him. Too skinny and they're uncomfortable to snuggle into. Too muscley and they take up too much room on the couch and are too hard (not where it matters most). Heavier guys are better cuddlers.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My wife is plus size (and I am ok with that)... Of course, we are on this journey toward a healthier state together... Makes it so much easier. This journey together has really enhanced our relationship... She does not have to lose weight to please me but now that she is losing weight (and I am too), it makes everything even better still...
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    <<--- 6'7 299 thats a plus man ...man !