would you date someone plus size ?

Options

Replies

• BigBodyBobby
    Options
    I absolutely would. But of course at the moment I am definitely plus size! But I have to say, I never got into little skinny chicks. I loved me a woman with meat on her bones and she had to be comfortable with herself. I like them women that do rollerderby. They are confident,work hard on game nite(and practice) and have a great personality.
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Personality first for me. Seriously. I'm not shallow and I give people chances. I don't have a certain preference for women. I do prefer bigger guys and its rare when I am attracted to skinny guys. I think that is mostly because I'm big myself and I feel more comfortable with the bigger guys. My boyfriend has been dubbed a "chubby chaser". He is a football player type. I wouldn't date someone who is at an unhealthy weight. A seriously unhealthy weight. Couldn't do it.
  • Lorie66
    Lorie66 Posts: 66
    Options
    I like a man with meat on him...a tummy 70% muscle and 30% poochie...oh yeah...lol..Dont like skinny legs either....thick legs...:)
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yes but I draw the line at 300lbs.

I dated one guy who was almost 300lbs but he was 6'4" so it looked ok on him. I dated another guy that I'm not sure but probably over 300lbs and 6' but I found his weight to be a problem for me...or maybe it was that plus a combination of other things.

I prefer a man that's a little on the hefty side. Really thin guys make me feel huge and uncomfotable with my own weight.
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Like someone else stated, unless he had an awesome personality...I couldn't. Now, if he was actively TRYING to lose weight and get healthy, YES. It shows great character, and I'd support him along the way. My boyfriend has a muscular build without even trying :grumble: One of those lucky asswipes that can eat anything and not exercise and still look amazing.
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My taste in men has drastically changed along with me. I wouldn't go out of my way to chase someone overweight but if they pursued me and there was a connection I would. My life is all about fitness and health so I have noticed that I don't have as much in common with the type of guys I used to date. A health nut and someone that eats fast food a lot or doesn't care about their health or anything just wouldn't work out. Now if they're overweight and doing something about it that's a different story and I would date them because they're doing something about it and not sitting at home all the time. I want to date someone that will come to the gym with me and go for long walks and stuff so if they're interested in health and like to do the same things as me then sure.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I personally don't feel safe with a guy I may have to defend in a bar fight(ijs)
    LMAO! I totally agree! But I've never been a delicate flower!
  • martin_chicago
    martin_chicago Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    lets see when i was heavy i was rejected for being a big boy
    so idk
    but then again i am not that shallow so yea i would
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options

you made me look. haha

nice tool shirt
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Nope :)

I can honestly say that I've gotten to the point that I want to be healthy and I expect the person I am with to want to be healthy as well!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

you made me look. haha

nice tool shirt

it's fun wearing around a shirt that proclaims TOOL right on the front
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    It's really weird, I'm a big girl, but i've dated very fit men. I think maybe im a secret fetish to them? Who knows, but I persoanlly am not really attracted to "plus sized" men, just because sex between two fatties would be really hard. Plus i want someone who would help support me in my journey to a healthy life, not hinder my progression by bringing home mcdonalds everyday or wahtever. I do like thick men though, like 6'4 260 type men, but not where they breath hard just from goimg from one part of the house to another.
  • missionmeltdown
    missionmeltdown Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    To quote Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds:

"Don't judge by looks, like a book by its cover. You may miss a friend. You may miss a lover."

LOL! Team BIGBOYS
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    My husband is a big man :) I like him bigger than sticky any day!!! He's 5'11/6'0 and at 210 lbs.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Mmm, no.. I have been out on dates with bigger men, but it wasn't my thing. I like skinny guys.. It gives me a sense of control I guess?

Also, I'm only attracted to thin, toned androgynous women. I do however think women on the normal to larger sprectrum are the most beautiful.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    No. I made an exception once and the guy simultaneously undermined my attempts to maintain my weight, while "joking" he'd dump me if I gained weight. When I pointed out that I'd never made an issue of his weight (he was very obese), but it wasn't something I found appealing, he said, Too bad, I'd made my decision when I started going out with him. As if that was the end of it.

After that, I decided I would never feel bad about rejecting someone on the basis of his being overweight, having bad skin, or any other thing I can't stand.

It doesn't pay to be nice. :smile:

I like boyishly slim men. Preferably with hair.
  • dontwantausername1
    dontwantausername1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    No, it's just not me. Sorry. I don't mean to sound rude, but I wouldn't. I wouldn't even consider it or think about it.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    No.

I used to be there, and I work(ed) hard not to be anymore.

For that reason, I expect them to do the same.

And, we'd have a few more things in common if that were the case.
  • dontwantausername1
    dontwantausername1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    No you're not, I don't care how amazing they are, I still wouldn't.
    [/quote]

I agree