MFP Meanies :(

Options

Replies

• 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    I thought it was a good question actually. I know that menstrating women should not do yoga or situps, so what is wrong wtih your question. Ignore them. Who cares what they think, they are not your friends :) Friend me if you need a good friend :)
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thats actually one of the reasons i've only recently started posting on the forums, (joined up with MFP nearly a year ago), too many narky *****y comments. If i wanted to be ridiculed all the time I'd move back home.
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a good question actually. I know that menstrating women should not do yoga or situps, so what is wrong wtih your question. Ignore them. Who cares what they think, they are not your friends :) Friend me if you need a good friend :)
    Is this true? I have never heard this before. I mean, when I am on my period I would rather die than do crunches....
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options

May I ask why you think menstruating women should not do that? I have never heard of that.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Dont worry about them, some people just use this for a social network. They have no ambition to be in shape. They just have a profile picture with no info about them. You are better than that honey!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of cocky people on here....just ignore them!
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    Dont worry about them, some people just use this for a social network. They have no ambition to be in shape. They just have a profile picture with no info about them. You are better than that honey!

X2

These forums seem more like a dating site now.
  • JodieElijah
    Options

X2

These forums seem more like a dating site now.

Got to agree!
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    I know I kind of want to get rid of it!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

May I ask why you think menstruating women should not do that? I have never heard of that.
    some positions in yoga yes (because they can greatly increasy blood flow), but situps? :huh: i suppose that means i have somehow roll myself into a standing position if i'm laying down while on my period?

i'm also curious as to what the medical basis is for these ideas come from since some of them are so clearly not based on biology. or maybe they are based on the biology of people with additional issues (PCOS, hormonal imbalances, etc) that they try to make the exception the rule for everyone.
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    Its why I dont post on the forum like I used to. Im happy to help people, but I am tired weeding through stupid threads like...

Whats your favorite sex position
    What kind of underwear are you wearing
    How often do you touch yourself while on mfp etcetcetc
  • JodieElijah
    Options
    Seriously???

Wow... And here I was thinking that this was supposed to be a weight loss forum...
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    The secret? Never take anything seriously. The meanies don't know you and you don't know them, so don't let it bother you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    You know, there were three pages of replies on your "Menstrual cycle and exercise" thread so far. Out of those 60 replies, two of them were vaguely sarcastic.

If you choose to focus on two or three posts out of 60 because they were joking or sarcastic, then maybe the problem is that you are having trouble seeing the good in people. 58 of them were helpful and positive.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Yea people just dont have nothing better to do but to pick on people for no reason....Its annoying. Just ignore them! :flowerforyou:
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your experience :( I have seen quite a few meanies on here but the ones that are nice make up the majority. Hang in there. Glean what you can from those who have knowledge and ignore the haters.

Oh, as a side note, if you are in any way religious (not that there is anything wrong with that) don't ever mention it! They will come with pitchforks. Some poor girl asked a question about looking for christians or something and the people went all moonbatty on her. I felt terrible for her! Live and let live I say :)
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Its why I dont post on the forum like I used to. Im happy to help people, but I am tired weeding through stupid threads like...

Whats your favorite sex position
    What kind of underwear are you wearing
    How often do you touch yourself while on mfp etcetcetc

Yes ^^ this. The same few people start absolutely stupid threads day after day. They are usually sexually suggestive and end up being disgusting. I made a smart remark to one OP and got a warning, yet that person violated about 6 MFP Forum Guidelines. They were going on and on about the number 69. All I did was ask if 69 was their IQ.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your experience :( I have seen quite a few meanies on here but the ones that are nice make up the majority. Hang in there. Glean what you can from those who have knowledge and ignore the haters.

Oh, as a side note, if you are in any way religious (not that there is anything wrong with that) don't ever mention it! They will come with pitchforks. Some poor girl asked a question about looking for christians or something and the people went all moonbatty on her. I felt terrible for her! Live and let live I say :)
    She was preaching in the main forum. She got what she deserved.

This site has cliques. It's like high school all over again. Some people never mature.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. So I started a topic today by asking a simple question regarding exercise and people laughed at me. They were a few nicer ones who helped out alot but others kept quoting and laughing. I don't think any question is dumb when you are now starting out with healthy living....i think you should be asking questions everyday,

Not everyone is encouraging. They would actually make you wanna leave MFP......
    Dont be so sensitive, this is the Internet after all. Shrug them off, take what little you did learn, and move forward. (:

This is so irritating. "This is the internet after all".
    Just because you log onto the internet does not give anyone the right to mistreat others. Anonymity does not equal to unaccountability.

I agree that we should shrug off anyone in the world that causes us grief for seemingly no provocation. However, I have also learned that in my experience no one ever responds negatively to something without having insecurities about it themselves - if it's a person who yells at you for spelling wrong, it's normally because they're TERRIFIED of doing it themselves.

I had a look at your original post Sonz, and the one person that frustrated the hell out of me was this post:
    Thanks for the advice.

Not everyone is knowledgeable about certain things when it comes to healthy living- especially is you are now starting out. So no question is meant to be seen as a joke. You learn something new everyday. Thanks for the advice everyone.

As a female, I know a lot about my period...It's something you SHOULD know about...Just sayin'

What gives her the right? Look, I'm a guy - I have no idea about any of it... but the principle is the same. You don't berate someone for not understanding and seeking to learn. That's an ignorant point of view which leads to a serrated personality. You were both ignorant, but the key difference is you were seeking to better your understanding of a situation to lead you out of that ignorance. She will continue to stay ignorant - so who really loses?
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    only stupid question is the one you don't take the time to ask
This discussion has been closed.