• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    3831.gif

And again, I laugh every time I see it.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Most people on here have attitude problems, I've noticed...
    If by "most people" you mean "some on MFP" and by "attitude problems" you mean "calorie deficits" then I agree with you 100%. And I support and motivate them. Go MFPers!
  • graceleigh614
    Options
    Mean people are just bullies and they are very insecure and to make themselves feel better they make fun of other people! I can not stand Bullies! Most people are nice and encouraging, don't let the mean people get you down.
  • lottier0311
    lottier0311 Posts: 125
    Options
    If I know one thing it is that NO question is a silly question if you don't know the answer.
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Some people are just straight up mean or ignorant on MFP. However, I've found that for every 1 mean person, there's 3 nice one's. Keep your head high and ignore the meanies! We're all here for the same healthy reasons, so don't let anyone judge you!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you're looking for more motivational, nice people! :smile:
  • stardivap413
    Options
    I wanted to start a group once for a weight loss challenge and one person wrote the rudest thing on my post and I was sooooo disguseted and discouraged. ended up doing the challenge and it motivated me to lose a good amount of weight. ignore the rude ones and just keep on trugging! there are more nice ones than rude ones on here, hope you continue to meet nice ones.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Oh this was about your exercising and period question. I don't agree with how people responded, I just think they were a little taken back by your question because...it's just your period. I think they couldn't understand what you think would possibly happen if you exercised on your period...because it's not like it will make you bleed more or rip your vagina wall or die or something. We've all had our periods for years now and are very knowledgable about our periods being women, so they replied in harsh ways. But to a lot of people, it was a really common sense question so I think that's why they replied the way they did.

This. That is why I responded the way I did because I felt like it was a common sense thing....like if it hurts, don't do it, if you feel fine, do it. I suppose I'm a "MFP Meanie." I don't think I'm mean, just blunt and sarcastic. It's my personality. I'm not miserable with my life, I'm not a bully, I'm not trying to tear others down, or any of the other things many posters have said so far. Just like in regular life, there are people on here whose personalities don't mesh, no biggee.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    My mother always told me there is no such thing as a stupid question. ASK. Always ask. To heck with the haters.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I saw that post. It was about working out while on your period, right? I thought that was pretty rude of them too.

Some of them were males which I thought was pretty inappropriate, and the ones who were females, I assume they don't experience the negative aspects of having a period. One of my friends has to miss work at least one day a month because she cramps so bad she can't get up and painkillers don't help. I know other people with ridiculously heavy flows and have to change their pad/tampon every 2-3 hours. Luckily my period isn't that cruel, but obviously there are ladies who have to deal with this kind of stuff, and it is wise to take that into account when deciding how you're going to make these choices.

I'm sorry that you got that reaction. Those people were quite inconsiderate and didn't think things all the way through before responding.

I didn't respond on that thread because I didn't like what people were saying so I'll respond here instead: If you're not feeling up to it, don't do it. If you feel okay, go ahead. But anything that puts pressure on your abdomen or your flow, I would avoid. So walking, jogging or swimming should be okay. Some light lifting should be fine, but riding a bike or intense yoga might not be a great idea. Do what you feel. *shrug* That's all I got. :P
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I read your original post OP and although I did not respond, I must confess I DID think you were joking.

BUT to answer your original question:

Yes it is okay to exercise on your period. If you are too tired to do so get some extra sleep and make it up the next day. For me, exercise does help with the cramps.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters who have pointed out that only a few of the responses could be construed as anything but supportive and or helpful. In a public internet forum such as this to receive such overwhelmingly positive and supportive and helpful feedback is something to be celebrated.

As for those posters who have a problem with the Chit-Chat, fun, and games forum, is there some issue with your browser that you are automatically taken to that forum against your will? If so, I would use the Technical Support/Need Help forum to register that issue and hopefully someone there would give you the help you need to avoid having those threads forcibly foisted upon you. I would hate to have be forced against my will to look at a section of a forum that I did not want to see. I hope that all those who are experienceing this problem can get the help they need to correct it.

Personally, I spend more time there than anywhere else but then I am not forced to look at anything that's there. I am free to look or not look. Maybe it's bcause I use an older browser. Hey that might be the solution!
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    Im normally not mean but when ppl write stupid stuff about weight loss and eating junk food as in mcdz..Thats kinda asking for it.. Also the ones who eat so less and then complain about their weight... I know its all in their head that they think they're really huge but thats the risk you take when you write a status.. ppl are too blunt.. I know i am.. but if they're making fun of you..delete their *kitten*..and keep it moving and continue reaching for your goals =)
  • RedMotoRider
    Options
    Once you make the decision to do it for you, it's irrelevant what anyone else says
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Your question was valid. Some people have never had major issues in that arena and so they probably do not understand the possible complications.

Don't let the negativity ruin what you are doing for yourself. It's all up to you. Stick with it!
  • surgesilk
    surgesilk Posts: 92
    Options
    There are no stupid questions...only stupid people.
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    illigitimati non carborundum

(bad latin for "Don't let the *kitten* wear you down.")
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    It is just life. I have had people be smart *kitten* to me and I have been a smart *kitten* myself.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters who have pointed out that only a few of the responses could be construed as anything but supportive and or helpful. In a public internet forum such as this to receive such overwhelmingly positive and supportive and helpful feedback is something to be celebrated.

As for those posters who have a problem with the Chit-Chat, fun, and games forum, is there some issue with your browser that you are automatically taken to that forum against your will? If so, I would use the Technical Support/Need Help forum to register that issue and hopefully someone there would give you the help you need to avoid having those threads forcibly foisted upon you. I would hate to have be forced against my will to look at a section of a forum that I did not want to see. I hope that all those who are experienceing this problem can get the help they need to correct it.

Personally, I spend more time there than anywhere else but then I am not forced to look at anything that's there. I am free to look or not look. Maybe it's bcause I use an older browser. Hey that might be the solution!
    I can confirm that Firefox versions 8,9, and 10 do not force me into any forum sections. This is on Windows XP. I'll check other browsers and Windows 7 later.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. So I started a topic today by asking a simple question regarding exercise and people laughed at me. They were a few nicer ones who helped out alot but others kept quoting and laughing. I don't think any question is dumb when you are now starting out with healthy living....i think you should be asking questions everyday,

Not everyone is encouraging. They would actually make you wanna leave MFP......

There is no such thing as a dumb question unless it is unasked...
This discussion has been closed.