MFP Meanies :(

Options

Replies

• tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    *kitten*. They're everywhere. And they are worse online because they can hide behind their computer screen. Just ignore and be glad that you aren't as miserable as they are deep down. It must really really suck to be a mean *kitten*. I would hate to walk around that way.

Keep up the good work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG7eFupt5XU
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I got most of my friend from being an *kitten*. Just saying.

True story...and hookers and blow...but mostly the assholeness

Don't forget my amazing taco.

Oh yes, and the taco...it was Yummy.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    First of all you kind of opened yourself up with a question that is fairly common sense. Do you go to work with your period? is it safe? Do you operate a motor vehicle on your period? Is it safe? if you answered yes to either of those questions I am pretty sure you can answer your other questions.

Second, making this post is kind of... ridiculous.. so some people made fun of you, or made light of your post.. its the internet, it happens move on, making a thread about MFP meanies makes me feel like I am back in elementry school... and like you are taunting the kid that made fun of you but when the teacher catches you.. it falls on the kid because the kid that you were taunting does something and is caught... all you are going to do is create a monster one of which I am sure the Mods are going to come through and give warnings and strikes to... and you will get nothing because... we were all "mean" to you.

Sing it!

I think you're both ridiculous. It doesn't hurt to exercise a little kindness. If you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything at all. There's no reason to laugh at someone's question. That's just rude.

I am quite ridiculous but seriously.. I never responded to the original post because I didnt see it until today and honestly I don't care.. BUT asking a question about saftey and exercise while on your period is stupid.. I am sorry it is.. do you wake up in the morning and get out of bed... yes.. do you walk to your car?? yes.. do you walk around shoping? Yes.. can you go for a 30 minute walk? YES... Exercise does NOT have to be strenuous.. I suffer from debilitating cramps when I have my period.. you know what I was told by my Dr???? GET UP AND WALK...

So if pointing out the obvious makes me rude so be it.. if I get a strike.. for being rude fine.. but seriously.. stupidity is dangerous.. and so are those that sympathize with the stupid.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    yea been there but just ignore the rude people they r just insecure and looking for some attention. plus common were all on a about 1200 calorie diet were gonna all be a wee bit cranky lol
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    3831.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and you just made my day! :heart:

I just love this picture. It makes me laugh every time.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I didn't read any of the replies.

That being said...

There are certain things that should be common knowledge when one begins getting healthy-

Drink water
    Eat nutritious foods
    Exercise regularly

If you are asking questions that go against these principles, then you can expect some backlash.

Personally, I try to be nice - or at least mostly nice - when I answer questions, but you need to realize that these are public forums and people are going to answer the way they want to answer - and some things have been asked SO many times, that people get tired of sugar coating it and just lay it all out.

Like anything else in life, it is up to you, not the person talking to you, how you take what they say. You can shut your brain off against their advice, you can accept it wholeheartedly, or you can do the wise thing and listen to what they have to say, pull out the good stuff, and ignore the crap.

Just my $0.02
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I probably shouldn't have clicked into this one but I will say that sometimes MFP reminds me of high school where everyone is trying SO hard to be cool and be accepted. Just ignore it.

The majority of people here are genuinely here to help and encourage. Focus on those people and goodbye and good riddance to the others.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    First of all you kind of opened yourself up with a question that is fairly common sense. Do you go to work with your period? is it safe? Do you operate a motor vehicle on your period? Is it safe? if you answered yes to either of those questions I am pretty sure you can answer your other questions.

Second, making this post is kind of... ridiculous.. so some people made fun of you, or made light of your post.. its the internet, it happens move on, making a thread about MFP meanies makes me feel like I am back in elementry school... and like you are taunting the kid that made fun of you but when the teacher catches you.. it falls on the kid because the kid that you were taunting does something and is caught... all you are going to do is create a monster one of which I am sure the Mods are going to come through and give warnings and strikes to... and you will get nothing because... we were all "mean" to you.

Sing it!

I think you're both ridiculous. It doesn't hurt to exercise a little kindness. If you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything at all. There's no reason to laugh at someone's question. That's just rude.

Well I think you are overly sensitive. Most people try and post funny comments and others take them as being rude. There is nothing wrong with a little comedy.
  • demitraknows
    demitraknows Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    SOme people are just bored and need a ego boost. Shrug them off and stay on here!!! This website is awesome and many of us have the same weightloss issues!!! Stay positive!!!!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    3831.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and you just made my day! :heart:

I just love this picture. It makes me laugh every time.

This is amazing.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    I am kind of tired of these crybaby threads.

You're not the only one.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

You're not the only one.

I imagine a kindergartener standing in the corner, arms crossed, stomping their feet. Goodness. Grow up!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I see many people saying that the "meanies" or "bullies" are insecure, miserable deep down, have nothing better to do, jealous, etc...isn't that "bullying" too? If I'm mean, it's ok to say those things about me because, well, I'm mean and I have it coming to me? So, it's ok to make up assumptions about a person and talk down about them if they were mean first? Is that the message I'm getting here?

At least I admit that I'm mean. And admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Or the first step to finding like-minded people to be your friends. Or whatever.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options

You're not the only one.

I imagine a kindergartener standing in the corner, arms crossed, stomping their feet. Goodness. Grow up!

But instead of parents to tattle to, there are Mods.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

You're not the only one.

That was so mean. I can't believe you said that.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    I see many people saying that the "meanies" or "bullies" are insecure, miserable deep down, have nothing better to do, jealous, etc...isn't that "bullying" too? If I'm mean, it's ok to say those things about me because, well, I'm mean and I have it coming to me? So, it's ok to make up assumptions about a person and talk down about them if they were mean first? Is that the message I'm getting here?

At least I admit that I'm mean. And admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Or the first step to finding like-minded people to be your friends. Or whatever.

That is how we fell in love.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    There will always be smart *kitten*, trolling, and bullies in public forums online. It's just easier for them to get away with acting like that online, for obvious reasons. Just gotta learn to ignore those who are being blatantly rude and try to filter out the good people who are truly there to help you! :)

Best of luck to you, MFP is a great tool!
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    We are all hypocrites. Even you.

Am I?
    [/quote]
    unless you are jesus christ himself, yes. don't play dumb.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    Insecure. They try to laugh at you as a show of superiority as in "ha you're an idiot, I've been doing this longer and am therefore better".

Somewhere, someone made them feel the way they are making you feel. The people who are in the best shape, in my experience are the most helpful. The intermediate mediocre losers are the ones being jerks.

....Says the one insulting people.

Am I?

So you're calling me dumb now? You're so mean.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options

Am I?
    [/quote]

oHHHH GOD. Someone brought up religion. Here we go.
This discussion has been closed.