MFP Meanies :(

Options

Replies

• Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I agree with many of the earlier postings, there are people who need to feel superior, put people down because of their insecurity, make fun of people, or generally bully people.. it all boils down to probably this... they were BORN experts on everything, and have never really had to either lose weight or actually WORK on getting healthy. Keep your chin up, and ignore them... ask your MFP friends for advice, and find supportive groups. Good luck with your healthy journey.
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    Insecure. They try to laugh at you as a show of superiority as in "ha you're an idiot, I've been doing this longer and am therefore better".

Somewhere, someone made them feel the way they are making you feel. The people who are in the best shape, in my experience are the most helpful. The intermediate mediocre losers are the ones being jerks.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I got most of my friend from being an *kitten*. Just saying.

True story...and hookers and blow...but mostly the assholeness
  • Mandy_Pandy
    Options
    Smallest-Violin.jpg

This? That's EXACTLY what she's talking about!

If you can't say anything nice or helpful, don't say anything at all. No need to be a rude prick. Most people (except maybe other rude pricks) don't actually think that's funny.

:drinker: Cheers to that. Why be an *kitten*, Mr. World's smallest violin player?
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    Your question was valid. Some people have never had major issues in that arena and so they probably do not understand the possible complications.

Don't let the negativity ruin what you are doing for yourself. It's all up to you. Stick with it!

haha!
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    I got most of my friend from being an *kitten*. Just saying.

True story...and hookers and blow...but mostly the assholeness

Don't forget my amazing taco.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Insecure. They try to laugh at you as a show of superiority as in "ha you're an idiot, I've been doing this longer and am therefore better".

Somewhere, someone made them feel the way they are making you feel. The people who are in the best shape, in my experience are the most helpful. The intermediate mediocre losers are the ones being jerks.

....Says the one insulting people.
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    just ignore the ppl.... and sometimes mean ppl can put u on the right track...gotta me a lil harsh sometimes lol! but if theyre being really ugly....tell em' kick rocks and go bully someone else lol.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    *kitten*. They're everywhere. And they are worse online because they can hide behind their computer screen. Just ignore and be glad that you aren't as miserable as they are deep down. It must really really suck to be a mean *kitten*. I would hate to walk around that way.

Keep up the good work!
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Wow...let's put this thread to bed already.
    She hasn't responded....so I would think she got the exactly the responses she was looking for.
    :ohwell:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    First of all you kind of opened yourself up with a question that is fairly common sense. Do you go to work with your period? is it safe? Do you operate a motor vehicle on your period? Is it safe? if you answered yes to either of those questions I am pretty sure you can answer your other questions.

Second, making this post is kind of... ridiculous.. so some people made fun of you, or made light of your post.. its the internet, it happens move on, making a thread about MFP meanies makes me feel like I am back in elementry school... and like you are taunting the kid that made fun of you but when the teacher catches you.. it falls on the kid because the kid that you were taunting does something and is caught... all you are going to do is create a monster one of which I am sure the Mods are going to come through and give warnings and strikes to... and you will get nothing because... we were all "mean" to you.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    Saw your question and, as I saw lots of persons gave very good answers, I did not feel the need to give my opinion. The only thing I would have said was that people are jerks sometimes. But as I had nothing nice to say ... You should friend all the clever persons who answered you right. I do not post a lot. I prefer to interact with my friends who are very nice and supportive. Now, if I have a question or something, I just use my homepage, or tumblr, or google. Actually, I just go on the forum when a topic that appears in the right side of my homepage seems interesting. Just invite good persons and stick with them. ;)
    This being said. Good luck and hard work on your journey here ! ;)

HAAHAHAHAHAHA!!

This is my reaction to most of these posts.

Especially the ones claiming people are jealous. We're not in elementary school and mom is not telling you that to make you feel better. People are not just "meanies" because they're jealous. A lot of times it's because people lack common sense.
  • jessabethheather
    Options
    The one good thing about having a myriad of replies is that it is easy to weed through and, by looking at their responses, choose people to send friend requests to. If you are someone that needs gentle pats on the back, look for those answers and send those people a friend request. If wit and sarcasm make you laugh and you need that humor to get through a rough day, add those people.

It takes all kinds. Take from this what you need, add some friends from those that are helpful for you, and you'll have a positive experience.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    First of all you kind of opened yourself up with a question that is fairly common sense. Do you go to work with your period? is it safe? Do you operate a motor vehicle on your period? Is it safe? if you answered yes to either of those questions I am pretty sure you can answer your other questions.

Second, making this post is kind of... ridiculous.. so some people made fun of you, or made light of your post.. its the internet, it happens move on, making a thread about MFP meanies makes me feel like I am back in elementry school... and like you are taunting the kid that made fun of you but when the teacher catches you.. it falls on the kid because the kid that you were taunting does something and is caught... all you are going to do is create a monster one of which I am sure the Mods are going to come through and give warnings and strikes to... and you will get nothing because... we were all "mean" to you.

Sing it!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i only really post in the fun and game section because of this, wish i had some advice but i dont :/
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options

Sing it!

I think you're both ridiculous. It doesn't hurt to exercise a little kindness. If you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything at all. There's no reason to laugh at someone's question. That's just rude.
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options

We are all hypocrites. Even you.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    The one good thing about having a myriad of replies is that it is easy to weed through and, by looking at their responses, choose people to send friend requests to. If you are someone that needs gentle pats on the back, look for those answers and send those people a friend request. If wit and sarcasm make you laugh and you need that humor to get through a rough day, add those people.

It takes all kinds. Take from this what you need, add some friends from those that are helpful for you, and you'll have a positive experience.

QFT!
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

We are all hypocrites. Even you.

Am I?
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I am kind of tired of these crybaby threads.
This discussion has been closed.