30 Day Shred Challenge (4/16/12-5/16/12)

Options
Hey Guys!

I was wondering if there is anyone who is willing to do the Jillian Michaels 30 day challenge with me. I want to start this Monday 4/16/12 and it will go all the way up to 5/16/12. I need people who are willing and motivated to stick by this. This is the first time I do this and I am motivated because I want to loose weight but I've been stuck. If you're on the same wagon as me or want a change in yourself start with me. The DVD is sold in places like Target, Walmart, Best Buy and in Amazon.com for about $7-12. If you got prime you get free 2 day shipping!

Please measure yourself on or before Day 1 (4/16/12) : Bust (widest part), Waist (narrow part), Hips (Widest part), measure each thigh. Don't forget to weight in too.
**If you want, take and post a before picture but don't feel obligated to (if you feel shy). But you must do it at the end of the 30 days** (Trust me you want to see a before and after picture of yourself!

Don't forget to have a balance diet according to your body. If you want to know how much you should eat check freedieting.com

Good Luck and let's support each other!!!

-Rosie :)

Replies

• VirginiaWoof
    Options
    hey, i've been doing the 30 day shred since Monday of this week. I'll be posting pictures and can help with motivation and things! :-)
  • CarriLu123
    CarriLu123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I would like to start with you. I was going to start tomorrow but I would rather have a group to do it with.
  • Princesa192
    Princesa192 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Aww great!! I found about this last night and immediately did my research and bought the DVD. I don't want to waste anymore time. I work out but I've been on a plateau where my body doesn't want to go lower than 134lbs. I'm determined to do this!

How its been so far??
  • Princesa192
    Options
    Great! As long as you measure yourself and weight in you should be good to go. I don't want to hold you back. If you want to start tomorrow go ahead! I can't wait to start! Still waiting on the DVD. :)
  • mommyoftwobg
    Options
    I am on board!! I have done it 3 times but nothing consistant! I could use the motivation too!
  • mommyoftwobg
    Options
    Aww great!! I found about this last night and immediately did my research and bought the DVD. I don't want to waste anymore time. I work out but I've been on a plateau where my body doesn't want to go lower than 134lbs. I'm determined to do this!

How its been so far??

I'm stuck there too...
  • gendoll
    gendoll Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred yesterday and it is kicking my butt! I would love to join the group as having a support group would make it so much easier. Good luck everyone. I will post measurements later.
  • mjeffers2
    Options
    Is anyone having knee problems doing the shred? My knees are killing me.
  • pinepl
    pinepl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in, started but had stop after 5 weeks, set up tendonitis in my shoulder but I am ready to start again.:smile:
  • Princesa192
    Options
    Guys you have not idea how much great joy it brings me to have people join me! Who's willing to start this Monday for 30 Days? If you started please continue! Those who havent, buy the DVD if you don't have it yet. You could even stream it online via Amazon.com for $4.99.

I've been stuck in the 130s and I'm getting sick and tired of seeing the same number every time I weight-in especially when you know that you worked your butt off that week.
  • Princesa192
    Options
    I started 30 day shred yesterday and it is kicking my butt! I would love to join the group as having a support group would make it so much easier. Good luck everyone. I will post measurements later.

YAY!! Thanks for joining and welcome on board! :)
  • Princesa192
    Options
    Is anyone having knee problems doing the shred? My knees are killing me.

Maybe get a knee brace to hold your knees in place while working out! if it gets out of hand you should stop! or go back to level 1 and stick to that.
  • LJ0508
    LJ0508 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I was planning to start my 2nd round of 30DS tomorrow but I can wait until Monday :)
  • Princesa192
    Options
    I would like to join. I was planning to start my 2nd round of 30DS tomorrow but I can wait until Monday :)

Post your measurements and keep a record of them. They will come in handy once you are done! :) Welcome!
  • katielweaver
    katielweaver Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh OH! I started yesterday but I'd LOVE to take part in this challenge! Let me tell you... I totally know HOW AND WHY people get the results they do. It will be good to have all the support we can all get!
  • Princesa192
    Options
    Oh OH! I started yesterday but I'd LOVE to take part in this challenge! Let me tell you... I totally know HOW AND WHY people get the results they do. It will be good to have all the support we can all get!

Welcome Aboard! :) Remember to post and record your measurements! :)
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I will be on day 9 tomorrow. I took today off. My knees have been bothering me too. I have before pics and I check measurements every Sunday. Down about 2 pound but 4.5 inches so far.

Good luck!
  • augustbride2012wa
    augustbride2012wa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just finished day 5, but am hoping to do a '60 day shred' (as of now I'm having to do mostly the 'modified' moves because I'm such a wimp). I would love to join you guys!
  • lilmisskrys24
    Options
    Yeah! i just started day 1 this morning!
  • mslaurenlove
    mslaurenlove Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm currently the highest bidder on ebay for the DVD right now. The auction ends tomorrow so I don't know when I'd actually get it (if I win) but I plan to start it right away. If I lose the auction, I'll just go buy it at Target or something and then I'll be able to start Monday!