30 Day Shred Challenge (4/16/12-5/16/12)

Options

Replies

• Imawonder
    Imawonder Posts: 65
    Options
    Perfect timing! I have a family wedding the end of May, and wanted to look better than I am. The weight has been dropping, just slower than I would like! :frown: Looking forward to this!
  • Imawonder
    Imawonder Posts: 65
    Options
    YIKES...took my measurements.....was that ever depressing!!! 42, 47, 49!!! Someone shoot me now!!!! :sad:
  • philly3047
    philly3047 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I hope i really loose weight...Ok so...

Chest 41
    Waist 32
    Hips 41
    :grumble:
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    YIKES...took my measurements.....was that ever depressing!!! 42, 47, 49!!! Someone shoot me now!!!! :sad:

We're really close in measurements. :)

Chest: 41
    Waist: 40
    Hips: 50 (rofl)

I'm right there with you! Let's do our best! <3
  • positivelyJ
    Options
    Today was my 1st day!
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    ^^
    Well done! What did you think of it?
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! :) i needed to get back onto it anyway! :)
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I start on Monday, feel free to add me! We all need a bit of motivation at some point!
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do this with you all! I did it for the first time on Friday, and have been super sore ever since. I attempted to work through the sore muscles yesterday but couldn't hack it. Told myself i'd begin again on Monday so this is kind of perfect. Speaking of, anybody know how to remedy sore muscles or work through them without putting to much of a strain on them. I wanted to do it daily or at least consecutively for a few days at a time and didn't expect to get as sore as i did! Any help would be appreciated!

you will be sore, but protein shakes before or after help muscles repair themselves, static stretching will help move the lactic acid. Potassium will also help muscles that are sore. sometimes i work a little slower if i'm sore to make sure my muscles are stretched. :)
  • bunksc
    bunksc Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in! Thank you OP for starting this thread!
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    please can i join, i was going to start tomorrow and just found this thread :)

and is it actually a group or are we just posting on here?
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am already on day 6 of 30ds.. sure could do with some motivators!
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My Stats are:

5' 3"
    CW: 151.5
    -Measurements:
    Hips: 39 inches
    -Waist: 33 inches
    -Arms:
    R: 11.5 inches
    L: 11.5 inches
    -Bust: 36.5 inches
    -Thighs:
    R: 21.5 inches
    L: 21 .5 inches
  • sparkle126
    sparkle126 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am in, just purchased it xxx

:wink:
  • Auntzip
    Auntzip Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • caytee118
    caytee118 Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm on day three of level 1 right now! There is a support group on here this is the link if your interested :D

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4228-30-day-shred-support-group
  • positivelyJ
    Options
    ^^
    Well done! What did you think of it?

Thanks! I have started the Shred a few times but have never completed the whole 30 days. I always seem to go back to it.
    I have always liked JM, she gives good cues and you can modify the moves if you want.
  • cam_l20
    cam_l20 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Is there any chance this could be made into a group rather than being done here in the forums? I'd love to join, but am not really comfortable posting pics etc. in the main forums at the moment...

I've done 30ds once before - I got to day 23 but gave up as I am also training for a half marathon and found that increasing my running miles and moving up to level 3 of 30ds was a bit much for me.

I recently sprained my ankle and have not been able to run for about 3 weeks, so I think I need all the help I can get to get my fitness back!
  • kvcash
    kvcash Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'll be joining in with all of you on this 30 day shred! I bought it a couple weeks back and have only done it once since them. Time to get and stay consistent and dedicated to it.
  • tltincher
    tltincher Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD and have started day one several times! I want this to be the last day one...unless I do the complete 30 days again after completion. Today will be day 2 for me....good luck to us all! Send me a friend request if you are looking for support....I need all I can get!