30 Day Shred Challenge (4/16/12-5/16/12)

Options

Replies

• carlacroning
    Options
    I'm thinking about doing this but was wondering if I needed any equipment to go along with it?

hand weights? yoga ball, etc?

Also, I believe I saw it on iTunes so I could put it on my iTouch (have the cord) and wouldn't have any excuse not to do it since I'm travelling a lot at the end of this month.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I started it back in March and only did like 3 days because I started another program that was lifting 6 days a week. I couldn't manage both. I switched to a new lifing program that's only 3 days a week so I plan on doing the 30 ds the other days that I don't lift. I could do it 4x a week. It'll take me longer than 30 days but I think that'll still work okay.
  • emboch
    emboch Posts: 60
    Options
    I want to start! Mine should be arriving this weekend! I will post measurements when I get home. Can't Wait!
  • oldmanswife
    oldmanswife Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I was thinking about P90X, but think I need to do that with my hubby.
    I will commit to the Shred starting Monday. I love this workout!
  • philly3047
    philly3047 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Im in! I did it before for only maybe 15 days and lost some weight (but i didnt stick with it). Maybe this time with a little motivation i will be able to complete the full 30 day regimen. CANT WAIT!:happy:
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    just ordered the dvd :)
  • Princesa192
    Princesa192 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just discovered that my DVD got shipped to the wrong place. It got shipped to my school instead to my house. I'm on spring break so I won't be able to get to the DVD till Monday. :( BOHOOO!! I guess I will have to pay again and get the Amazon Instant Video. I'm debating whether to start today or monday now that I'll be getting the streaming level 1. Suggestion guys!
  • oldmanswife
    oldmanswife Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Anytime works for me. I bet some of us will start earlier than others. I am excited to be held accountable! This DVD works!
  • jplentl
    jplentl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and could really use some support. Count me in! :) I will post my measurements once I get settled this evening. I took before pictures last night and am praying I will see enough change to post after pictures.
  • aj_31
    Options
    30 DS is on Youtube. So anyone can start it at any time. Go and google it. I know level 1 is on there for sure. I'm not sure about the other levels. No need to wait for the dvd!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    i'm in. I think they have the DVD at Sam's Club or Costco. I am will pick mine up this weekend.
  • aj_31
    Options
    i'm in. I think they have the DVD at Sam's Club or Costco. I am will pick mine up this weekend.

They have it at most stores for about $10-12. Target, Walmart, Kmart, etc.
  • Princesa192
    Princesa192 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just noticed I need weight! I'm going today to get some and a mat. I can't wait to see the changes in my body! I want to look good for my two year anniversary with my honey! :D
  • nayomee123
    Options
    Well day 1 is done. I am doing it slightly differently as I had already been doing the shred prior to starting again so I am very jsed to level 1 and it is a little too easy for me now.
    Soo.. I started the shred on level 2 to push myself that bit harder but will still do 30 days worth :-)
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi. Was going to start Sunday, but Monday works just as well. It'll be great to have someone to complain about my aching body parts with. lol. Will post measurements on Sunday
  • ashlimy
    ashlimy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I"m in!!
  • patnkristin
    patnkristin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love to start this with you all. I have had the DVD for months (years?) but have not even opened it LOL Monday sounds like the perfect time to start. and having the support and encouragement of others doing it also will be great!!
  • mjeffers2
    Options
    You do need hand weights. I'm using 5 lbs right now and it's difficult on some exercises, but 3 is too easy.
  • mjeffers2
    Options
    Is anyone having knee problems doing the shred? My knees are killing me.

Maybe get a knee brace to hold your knees in place while working out! if it gets out of hand you should stop! or go back to level 1 and stick to that.

Thanks I was going to go tomorrow.
  • teriann1979
    teriann1979 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Plan on starting on Saturday after I pick it up tomorrow. Dreading the measurements but looking forward to the motivation and support.