bump!! im sorta getting tired of just grilled chicken, lol
  • bunnyklutz
    bunnyklutz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angeliis02
    angeliis02 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    looking forward to trying some of these.
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    My husband will eat ANYTHING (except cottage cheese)! But I know he'll appreciate these recipes! Thanx all!
  • shannon_121285
    Options
    bump
  • amortize20
    amortize20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • feather314
    feather314 Posts: 97
    Options
    Try having a husband that does not eat veggies (other than corn), mayo, mustard, ketchup, etc. I'm mean ever. He will literally pick out the dehydrated onions in a mix. He eats meat, loads of cheese, potatoes, and rice. He'll only eat BBQ sauce if it's on ribs. Any chilis/soups can not have onions, green peppers, etc. If I make a pot roast I basically have to leave the onions halved so the pieces are big enough to pick out. When I make sausage subs I have to make sure there are no onions and peppers on his sausage.

He does not eat potato salad, macaroni salad, tuna salad, etc - you get the idea.

It's pretty bad.

Definitely check out skinnytaste.com - I know she has some good recipes.

I've also found winners on jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com (however, these are not necessarily healthy eating friendly).
  • rq2665
    rq2665 Posts: 2
    Options
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a picky husband!!!! We have been doing turkey tacos - made with ground beef. I even prep that and let it simmer in the crock pot on soccer nights because it's nice to have dinner ready when we get home. The hubby and kids have tacos, while I enjoy a taco salad with salsa to keep mine light. You can't even taste the difference that it's ground turkey once the taco seasoning is added.

We have also been doing Hillshire Farms Grilled Essentials Chicken Breasts - already fully cooked - 120 calories! - in the microwave for 60 seconds and they are ready. I top mine with salsa or a 25-calorie slice of sharp cheddar. Hubby will have BBQ sauce on his (he usually eats two and I eat one). I serve it with baked beans (for hubby) or green beans, corn, or some other veg. I use the reduced fat 90-calorie croissant rolls with it too.

We will also do scrambled eggs for dinner. I drizzle a little raw honey on them to sweeten them, the way maple syrup would. I serve it with bacon (60 cals for 3 slices) or turkey sausage. The other day I added fresh strawberries as a side.

I also will do meatballs in the crock pot for busy nights and serve with a vegetable (which hubby usually skips) and the 90-calorie rolls. Everyone loves this dinner. To get the sodium lower, I don't use pasta sauce. I just use 1 can of tomato paste (20 mg sodium/2 tbs) and add water. After simmering in the crock pot, it's perfectly thick enough to cover the meatballs. Just enough!

So far, hubby has lost 25 pounds in 27 days - just from my changes to our dinners (no eating out being a big part of that too) - and I'm down 11 pounds in 28 days. :-) (plus working out for me - hubby's job is very active - and I'm tracking calories for my entire day and doing calorie cycling)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Pork tenderloin (about the same fat content as skinless boneless chicken breast) roasted with root vegetables (sweet potato, turnip, parsnips, carrots, rutubaga, etc.).

I have yet to find a meat and potato man that doesn't love this. Most think the turnips and rutubaga are potatoes.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    here is a solution --

Nice juicy steak, baked potato with broccoli and some weight watchers mix cheese...

Grill the steak............... that is healthy enough... now I want steak :(
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I have the same problem....he doesn't like rice, pasta, couscous, or quinoa, but wants more than just meat and veggies. UGH!
  • rq2665
    rq2665 Posts: 2
    Options
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a picky husband!!!! We have been doing turkey tacos - made with ground beef. I even prep that and let it simmer in the crock pot on soccer nights because it's nice to have dinner ready when we get home. The hubby and kids have tacos, while I enjoy a taco salad with salsa to keep mine light. You can't even taste the difference that it's ground turkey once the taco seasoning is added.

We have also been doing Hillshire Farms Grilled Essentials Chicken Breasts - already fully cooked - 120 calories! - in the microwave for 60 seconds and they are ready. I top mine with salsa or a 25-calorie slice of sharp cheddar. Hubby will have BBQ sauce on his (he usually eats two and I eat one). I serve it with baked beans (for hubby) or green beans, corn, or some other veg. I use the reduced fat 90-calorie croissant rolls with it too.

We will also do scrambled eggs for dinner. I drizzle a little raw honey on them to sweeten them, the way maple syrup would. I serve it with bacon (60 cals for 3 slices) or turkey sausage. The other day I added fresh strawberries as a side.

I also will do meatballs in the crock pot for busy nights and serve with a vegetable (which hubby usually skips) and the 90-calorie rolls. Everyone loves this dinner. To get the sodium lower, I don't use pasta sauce. I just use 1 can of tomato paste (20 mg sodium/2 tbs) and add water. After simmering in the crock pot, it's perfectly thick enough to cover the meatballs. Just enough!

So far, hubby has lost 25 pounds in 27 days - just from my changes to our dinners (no eating out being a big part of that too) - and I'm down 11 pounds in 28 days. :-) (plus working out for me - hubby's job is very active - and I'm tracking calories for my entire day and doing calorie cycling)

****we make turkey tacos with ground TURKEY (that should not say with ground beef)****
  • Joy150
    Joy150 Posts: 10
    Options
    I just checked skinnytaste.com and I think my family will love a lot of their recipes!!! Thanks!!!
  • linpen12
    linpen12 Posts: 8
    Options
    This is going to be so helpful!
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bumping...you described my hubby to a "T"!
  • Sunbeam0904
    Sunbeam0904 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • katedesaccord
    Options
    Cottage pie! Not sure if you guys have Quorn (meat substitute) where you live, but I made it once in a Cottage Pie and my fiance (a meat-lover himself) didn't even know the difference! I guess if you don't have access you could always use turkey mince or lean beef mince instead for slightly more calories.

http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/special-diet/low-fat/quorn-cottage-pie-with-sweet-potato-thatch-recipe
  • LadyPathos
    LadyPathos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the website suggestions I'm finding. I'm hoping to make some freezer meals. I want to lose weight but refuse to cook multiple dinners everynight. My husband will eat corn and peas only if I serve mashed potatoes because he is doing it for my childrensbenefit to see it so he doesn't chew he just straight swallows. No soups, no chili and a meal without meat he does not consider a meal. He hates cheese on about everything but tacos and hamburgers. It's getting pretty bad and I can't seem to loose a lb any more since all I've been able to do is cut sugar from my coffee and only on a rare occation have a soda I even order water at restraunts now. Then he complains about his weight... well no duh Sherlock :P
    Anyways than you for the website suggestions as a wife of a meat and potatoes man I need all the help I can get.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    bump